Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
danlhart87

Chiefs have 177 dollars in cap space

Recommended Posts

Sammy Watkins is toast, his saving grace has been showing up for the playoffs the last 2 years but how much of it is having Hill and Kelce healthy because he did not show up when Hill was injured. Cut him, make the cap space for signing your rookies at a minimum. Also, allows you to make room by restructuring others, especially in a WR deep class.

 

Sammy Watkins' cap hit is $21 million. Yes, 1 player can make that big of a difference. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Sammy Watkins is toast, his saving grace has been showing up for the playoffs the last 2 years but how much of it is having Hill and Kelce healthy because he did not show up when Hill was injured. Cut him, make the cap space for signing your rookies at a minimum. Also, allows you to make room by restructuring others, especially in a WR deep class.

 

Sammy Watkins' cap hit is $21 million. Yes, 1 player can make that big of a difference. :) 

Yeah he’s probably done. At least he got a ring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah he’s probably done. At least he got a ring. 

He was always overhyped and injury prone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe they should switch to Geico.  Or stay at Holiday Inn Express when on the road...  :lol:

Fly Commercial 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotrac has them at minus 1.6M.  That's why Watkins will be cut and Ballard will be there to sign him.  Watkins, TY and Campbell would be an awesome trio.  Here's hoping anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Spotrac has them at minus 1.6M.  That's why Watkins will be cut and Ballard will be there to sign him.  Watkins, TY and Campbell would be an awesome trio.  Here's hoping anyway. 

Watkins is hurt way too often

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Watkins is hurt way too often

That would not stop me from signing him.  Compared to all of the receivers still available in FA he is by far the superior talent.  We are in a win now mode.  You take the chance.  Just like they are doing with Rhodes and Rivers for that matter.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of our current cap space is being ear marked for him anticipating his release.  JMO. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

That would not stop me from signing him.  Compared to all of the receivers still available in FA he is by far the superior talent.  We are in a win now mode.  You take the chance.  Just like they are doing with Rhodes and Rivers for that matter.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of our current cap space is being ear marked for him anticipating his release.  JMO. 

Watkins, Clowney etc, i think are going to command too much. I could be wrong but i just dont see us getting either of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...I think if they were asked if being in salary cap heck in 2020 was worth a SB trophy in 2019, the answer would be a resounding “yes.”

 

will be interesting to see if it has ramifications over the next few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Watkins, Clowney etc, i think are going to command too much. I could be wrong but i just dont see us getting either of them.

I don't "think" we will...  but i do hope we get both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Watkins, Clowney etc, i think are going to command too much. I could be wrong but i just dont see us getting either of them.

Just saw on NFL live today that Clowney has dropped his asking price to 17-18M from his original 20M. Titans are reportedly talking to his agent and staying close to the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don't "think" we will...  but i do hope we get both of them.

clowney is overrated. Simply because of where he was drafted.  Watkins I'd like, but itd have to be heavily with health incentives

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Just saw on NFL live today that Clowney has dropped his asking price to 17-18M from his original 20M. Titans are reportedly talking to his agent and staying close to the situation.

 

Which is why Yannick Ngakoue is so way off base with his demands. At least Clowney can play on running downs, unlike Yannick. If I was him I'd sign that tender for 19 million, it's guaranteed money and I highly doubt he'd get a better deal..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, csmopar said:

clowney is overrated. Simply because of where he was drafted.  Watkins I'd like, but itd have to be heavily with health incentives

Get him in the right scenario and his ceiling is multiple defensive MVPs and probowls.  I'm just gonna hope we sign him and get the best version of him.  Feeling optimistic today lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they had to limit player salaries to cover Andy Reid’s meal per diem.

 

CF391918-B752-43F4-A1D9-45FBB11B553B.thumb.jpeg.d65a41f021eaa2b1976f25367f0b6300.jpeg

 

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resigned Watkins for another huge contract with some as preformance bonuses. Seems like all these teams have money to sign multiple big free agents. They still have a huge one to sign, then next year a 40 million man..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, Superfly said:

Cut Mahomes.

 

Trade him to the Colts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says they have about 3M now so they must have made some moves.  

 

If you look at their salary cap table they are pretty heavily leveraged in terms of guaranteed funds.

 

There is only 3 players they could cut that would free up more than 5M in cap space.

 

Chris Jones (who is on a 5th year option)

Eric Fisher 

Travis Kelce

 

Things improve a bit next year but they lose a lot of players.  I don't know all their players to determine how key they are though.  

 

The other thing to consider is that Mahomes has this year and presumably a 5th year option for next year that they will invoke.  So by the looks of it they arn't going to be able to keep their team together for very long.  Mahomes is probably going to get close to 40M per year.  

 

If they are going to be a dynasty they are gonna have to draft well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

It says they have about 3M now so they must have made some moves.  

 

If you look at their salary cap table they are pretty heavily leveraged in terms of guaranteed funds.

 

There is only 3 players they could cut that would free up more than 5M in cap space.

 

Chris Jones (who is on a 5th year option)

Eric Fisher 

Travis Kelce

 

Things improve a bit next year but they lose a lot of players.  I don't know all their players to determine how key they are though.  

 

The other thing to consider is that Mahomes has this year and presumably a 5th year option for next year that they will invoke.  So by the looks of it they arn't going to be able to keep their team together for very long.  Mahomes is probably going to get close to 40M per year.  

 

If they are going to be a dynasty they are gonna have to draft well.  

That cap space was created by the recent restructuring of Watkins' contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, pacolts56 said:

Maybe they had to limit player salaries to cover Andy Reid’s meal per diem.

 

CF391918-B752-43F4-A1D9-45FBB11B553B.thumb.jpeg.d65a41f021eaa2b1976f25367f0b6300.jpeg

 

 

 

But I have a thyroid condition. :spit:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty common for the super bowl winners to be tight on money and lose people in free agency.  looks like they have another year before this team breaks up

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they don't have enough bucks to buy official NFL "caps" for the entire team. "What price glory?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...