Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Reich said Brissett could still get snaps

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

He can't scramble, he can't throw(unless 5 yds). Move on.

40 yards to TY with game on the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he fought off Von Miller in the end zone, scrambled and threw a 40 yard perfect strike to TY Hilton. We won that game too, that is nominee for play of the year by the way. JB doesn't suck, he is an average NFL starter (not good or a franchise QB I admit) and a great backup. People that say he is bad just don't understand football. The end.

Indianapolis Colts Football GIF by SportsManias

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

One great play in and amongst 100's of bad ones. The end.

Let me show you the numbers for the first 8 games last season.

Percentage-56.9

average yds per game- 198.75

Tds-14

interceptions-3

QBR- 86.22

Yds rushing- 106  1 TD

He then got injured in game 9 

The end. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People that say Brissett sucks act like 10 yr olds. You clowns don't know the difference between sucks and average. Until you do quit posting. Brissett isn't good or a franchise QB but a great backup and an average NFL starter. The end. 

 

The Brissett bashing is getting so old that it is stupid. Lucky I am not a Mod, I would wipe out the bashing posts.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People that say Brissett sucks act like 10 yr olds. You clowns don't know the difference between sucks and average. Until you do quit posting. Brissett isn't good or a franchise QB but a great backup and an average NFL starter. The end. 

 

The Brissett bashing is getting so old that it is stupid. Lucky I am not a Mod.

 

JB still has a good floor to get us to .500 with some help. Just not the ceiling to win the division or get HFA. So, I agree with you.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

JB still has a good floor to get us to .500 with some help. Just not the ceiling to win the division or get HFA. So, I agree with you.

 

Rivers is a nice upgrade. JB isn't a franchise QB or even good IMO - already said that. He is average though, we could've been 10-6 last year actually with a few minor breaks. Had JB not got injured we may of very well started 7-2. We had Houston on the ropes in the 2nd game, had TY been 100% we win that game IMO and the division. Problem with most people is they are comparing JB to Peyton and Luck, wrong way of thinking folks. JB got thrown into a fire and will never be those guys.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is no one is saying he is a great or a franchise QB.

But this saying he is trash, no good and a bum is pure horse dung.

Then to keep harping on it over and over is childish.

For those who think his injury and the lack of receivers didn't have a negative effect on him are just looking for a scape goat. 

He did play well enough to have at least two or three more wins if AV just hit easy field goals. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The thing is no one is saying he is a great or a franchise QB.

But this saying he is trash, no good and a bum is pure horse dung.

Then to keep harping on it over and over is childish.

For those who think his injury and the lack of receivers didn't have a negative effect on him are just looking for a scape goat. 

He did play well enough to have at least two or three more wins if AV just hit easy field goals. 

I know it is silly horse dung

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not horrible, just not elite.

 

And in today’s NFL.. you need an elite QB or an elite defense to win a Super Bowl.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even say he sucks or is horrible, I only pointed out his bad plays far outnumbered his good plays last year(as in 2017). The easiest way to go 7-9 or 8-8 next seaon would be to leave Brissett at qb. We brought in Rivers with the idea of getting to 11-5 or 12-4 or maybe even better. If Ballard or Reich thought Brissett could get us to 11-5 Rivers would not be here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brissett isn't horrible.  I think everyone KNOWS he is average.  We all know he has a high floor, and a low ceiling.  We all know he is a good backup, and a dead average starter....so average that 8-8 would be a pretty safe expectation with him as your starter most any given year.

 

The real problem with JB, and I think the root of the "bashing" from a lot of folks, is because he's DAMN frustrating to watch as a starting QB.

 

His first season here, he got a pass.  A complete and utter sympathy pass, as he was thrown to the wolves and running for his life all season that year.....

 

This year, he prepared taking every single first team snap, Luck flaked at the last possible minute, and Brissett walked In, played well, won some games.... Made few obvious mistakes, and made a scant few amazing plays.... But watching him was utterly maddening In many games ... And yes, he was decent early.  

 

It seemed he started to get figured out by teams D, and he couldn't or wouldn't adjust.  His weaknesses were magnified.... And his faults are the kind that just grate on you and drive you nuts.... 

 

Long post short, I think it is the way In which JB falls short that leads to the frustration, anyone but JB type posts.... More than the level to which he falls short.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Brissett isn't horrible.  I think everyone KNOWS he is average.  We all know he has a high floor, and a low ceiling.  We all know he is a good backup, and a dead average starter....so average that 8-8 would be a pretty safe expectation with him as your starter most any given year.

 

The real problem with JB, and I think the root of the "bashing" from a lot of folks, is because he's DAMN frustrating to watch as a starting QB.

 

His first season here, he got a pass.  A complete and utter sympathy pass, as he was thrown to the wolves and running for his life all season that year.....

 

This year, he prepared taking every single first team snap, Luck flaked at the last possible minute, and Brissett walked In, played well, won some games.... Made few obvious mistakes, and made a scant few amazing plays.... But watching him was utterly maddening In many games ... And yes, he was decent early.  

 

It seemed he started to get figured out by teams D, and he couldn't or wouldn't adjust.  His weaknesses were magnified.... And his faults are the kind that just grate on you and drive you nuts.... 

 

Long post short, I think it is the way In which JB falls short that leads to the frustration, anyone but JB type posts.... More than the level to which he falls short.

Fair post but Luck retiring caused all this. Reich said Brissett was a top 20 QB, pretty accurate. He is around that, maybe 21-25 area. We got what we seen. The 5-2 start had me even thinking top 15/16 but the way  the season ended just stuck everyone wrong. It didn't look good lmao . I like Rivers for 1 year though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People that say Brissett sucks act like 10 yr olds. You clowns don't know the difference between sucks and average. Until you do quit posting. Brissett isn't good or a franchise QB but a great backup and an average NFL starter. The end. 

 

The Brissett bashing is getting so old that it is stupid. Lucky I am not a Mod, I would wipe out the bashing posts.

 

Look dude, if you think i'm hating then you have no idea what hate means! Why don't you take your autocratic thinking to a 3rd world country. Sounds like you would fit in there! I'm not hating, i'm not 10 years old and i'm not a clown. In fact, i've probably been a Colts fan longer then you have lived on this earth! I bash JB (not as a person) but as a Colts QB. Look, i don't agree with you in regards to JB. Personally, i feel he is not a good QB, even as a backup! Now, lets get to you telling me what i should say and do! If you don't like what i'm saying than fine. Read it and move on for crying out loud. Yes, i feel lucky you are not a mod because if you were this site would suck! Oh my, is that bashing? Am i not saying and acting like YOU want me to? Sorry dude, get over yourself. Therefore, i will type this in caps so you get it, I WILL SAY WHAT I BELIEVE. If you disagree with it then kiss my *! The end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 10:51 AM, Chloe6124 said:

He did a zoom interview. I don’t think he will even be on the team if we draft a QB.

 

 

Reich was misquoted. He actually said "snacks". Jacoby could bring 5 to 7 snacks per game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...