Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Two_pound

Time for my mock

With the draft fast approaching here is my one and only mock. I incorporated some trades in my mock

this year because Ballard always seems to trade and I also think he will try to acquire more picks. My

trades are reasonable and provide value.( I think)

Round 2: trade pick 34 to Browns for pick 41 and 115, select Denzel Mims, wr Baylor.

Round 2: trade pick 44 to Falcons for pick 47 and 119, select A.J. Terrell, cb Clemson.

Round 3: pick 75, Brycen Hopkins, te Purdue.

Round 4: pick 115, Calvin Throckmorton, ol Oregon.

Round 4: pick 119, Akeem Davis-Gaither, lb Appalachian St.

Round 4: pick 122, Trevis Gipson, de, Tulsa.

Round 5: pick 160, Parnell Motley, cb Oklahoma.

Round 6: pick 193, Terrell Burgess, s, Utah

Round 6: pick 197, Steven Gonzales, og, Penn St.

Well, what do you think, I know the glaring omission in my draft is qb, but I just can't see spending a draft pick 

on a player, regardless of who he may be, that doesn't have anymore potential than Chad Kelly. Lots of defense

in my draft, and 2 o-linemen to try to soften the loss of Haeg. My favorite pick would be Motley, the dude can

flat out play.

• Like 2

I've had my eye on Throckmorton for a long time.  He had a terrible senior bowl, but he's long on experience, and has played at multiple positions.  At the very least, he would satisfactorily make up for the loss of Haeg.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I've had my eye on Throckmorton for a long time.  He had a terrible senior bowl, but he's long on experience, and has played at multiple positions.  At the very least, he would satisfactorily make up for the loss of Haeg.

The surname Throckmorton was first found in Worcestershire at Throckmorton, a chapelry, in the parish of Fladbury, union of Pershore, Middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow "where John de Trockemerton, the supposed ancestor of this family, was living about the year 1200. From this John descended, after many generations, another 'John Throkmerton,' who was according to Leland, 'the first settler up of his name to any worship in Throckmerton village."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The surname Throckmorton was first found in Worcestershire at Throckmorton, a chapelry, in the parish of Fladbury, union of Pershore, Middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow "where John de Trockemerton, the supposed ancestor of this family, was living about the year 1200. From this John descended, after many generations, another 'John Throkmerton,' who was according to Leland, 'the first settler up of his name to any worship in Throckmerton village."

OMG!  Do I detect a fellow historical researcher?  Perhaps for renaissance faire purposes???

Did you do this research because of Sir Francis Throckmorton, who plotted to assassinate Queen Elizabeth in 1583?

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

OMG!  Do I detect a fellow historical researcher?  Perhaps for renaissance faire purposes???

Did you do this research because of Sir Francis Throckmorton, who plotted to assassinate Queen Elizabeth in 1583?

I just love names and where they come from. I don't do a lot of researching, (well, I did this time), but I do ask a lot of my customers where there interesting names come from. Some times I even guess right!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Ye telleth wonderous tales of olde! :lecture:

the hobbit elise GIF

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Two_pound said:

With the draft fast approaching here is my one and only mock. I incorporated some trades in my mock

this year because Ballard always seems to trade and I also think he will try to acquire more picks. My

trades are reasonable and provide value.( I think)

Round 2: trade pick 34 to Browns for pick 41 and 115, select Denzel Mims, wr Baylor.

Round 2: trade pick 44 to Falcons for pick 47 and 119, select A.J. Terrell, cb Clemson.

Round 3: pick 75, Brycen Hopkins, te Purdue.

Round 4: pick 115, Calvin Throckmorton, ol Oregon.

Round 4: pick 119, Akeem Davis-Gaither, lb Appalachian St.

Round 4: pick 122, Trevis Gipson, de, Tulsa.

Round 5: pick 160, Parnell Motley, cb Oklahoma.

Round 6: pick 193, Terrell Burgess, s, Utah

Round 6: pick 197, Steven Gonzales, og, Penn St.

Well, what do you think, I know the glaring omission in my draft is qb, but I just can't see spending a draft pick 

on a player, regardless of who he may be, that doesn't have anymore potential than Chad Kelly. Lots of defense

in my draft, and 2 o-linemen to try to soften the loss of Haeg. My favorite pick would be Motley, the dude can

flat out play.

I truly hope we do make a trade at some point for more picks but Mims will be gone in the first round. Had an unreal combine and has all the traits teams are looking for with a need at WR. I think the Terrell pick is very possible but I do see us going offense with our first three picks at least and signing one more defensive player in free agency. 

I am going to make one change to my draft, I don't see much of a chance that Burgess will be there in the 6th round so I'll change that pick to Chris Miller a safety from Baylor. There are so many different ways to approach this draft it will be interesting to see how wrong I am again this year.

I can’t imagine we won’t pick at a mimimum 2 WR this draft.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see 3 BP).  I do like your trades though.  This would be likely especially the pick 44.  I have the feeling we might use the 34 trading up to get  a QB.  I think we pass on TE this year.