Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHR's stay at home mock draft A B and C

The NFL draft is 3 weeks away and I just decided to make all 3 of my mocks in one post. Most of these are based on needs of course and where I think players will fall come draft day. 

Mock A 

RD2 Pick 34: Trevon Diggs CB Alabama - With Xavier Rhodes on prove it deal Diggs would be a great pickup to potentially replace him if Rhodes struggles in 2020. Diggs is a former WR turned CB who has a great skills set and speed to excel as a CB at the next level. Matter in a fact, plug him in day one and let him go to work opposite Rhodes.

RD2 Pick 44: Chase Claypool WR Norte Dame - A lot of people were surprised to see him run a 4.42 at the combine. The only knock is his route running but man he is a red zone threat. This team needs a red zone receiving threat. 

RD3 Pick 75: Anthony Gordon QB Washington State - I love this dude's tape. His quick release and ability to step up in the pocket reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers. Let him sit behind Rivers for a real. Nick and Frank will love to work with this kid. 

RD4 Pick 122: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State - I like Cleveland's upside however, he doesn't fire his hands into defenders and he lets defenders come to him. He has some techniques  he has to work on in order to start in NFL. 

RD5 Pick 160: Jr Reed S Georgia - Hooker is a soon to be free agent. This guy could be his replacement. 

RD6 Pick 193: Michael Onwenu G Michigan - With development, he could be our right guard of the future. 

RD6 Pick 197: Michael Warren RB Michigan - Give Rivers a Sproles type back who can catch it out of the backfield 

Mock B 

RD2 Pick 34: Denzel Mims WR Baylor - Great size, great hands, great route runner all the intangibles you want in a receiver at the next level. 

RD2 Pick 44: Cole Kmet TE - We know Rivers loves his Tight Ends and Kmet would be great in our offense. 

RD3 Pick 75: Anthony Gordon QB  Washington - (See mock A) 

RD4 Pick 122: Bryce Hall CB Virginia - I hope he falls to 122. 

RD5 Pick 160: Lucas Niang OT TCU - A first round talent, but his work ethic is in question thats why I have him falling.

RD6 Pick 193: Michael Onwenu G - (See mock A) 

R6 Pick 197: Michael Warren RB Cincinnati - (See mock A) 

Mock C 

RD2 Pick 34: Jordan Love QB Utah State - Now I know most would say there is no way Love falls to 34 but recent mocks I've seen had him being drafted at the top of the 2nd round. The fact the Colts are still in touch with him tells me that they still like him. 

RD2: Pick 44 Cole Kmet TE Norte Dame - (See mocks A and B) 

RD3 Pick 75: Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa - Ran a 4.44 at the combine. With Rhodes on a prove it deal we need corners. Could be a sleeper pick. 

RD4  Pick 122: Donovan Peoples Jones WR Michigan - He would be drafted much higher if Michigan had a Quarterback last season. Shea Patterson prevented this guy from being a higher pick. A big bodied receiver who is a red zone threat. 

RD5 Pick 160: Lucas Niang OT TCU - (See mock B) 

RD6 Pick 193: Michael Onwenu G Michigan (See mocks A and B) 

RD6  Pick 197: Michael Warren RB Cincinnati (See mocks A and B) 

Some would ask why didn't I mock a pass rusher. I think Ballard is done drafting pass rushers for the time being. Guys like Banogu, Turay, and yes even Lewis are going to have to develop. That doesn't happen overnight and Turay showed some flashes before his injury. 

37 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Not according to what I read on Walter Football today. They have him going in the 3-4 range. 

I have actually seen a few mocks over the last few weeks that had him going as high as end of first round.  I think that is a stretch but I would imagine he will be off the board possibly by our second pick in round 2, but DEFINITELY before we even pick in round 3. :thinking:

On 3/30/2020 at 9:56 PM, DownHillRunner said:

The NFL draft is 3 weeks away and I just decided to make all 3 of my mocks in one post. Most of these are based on needs of course and where I think players will fall come draft day. 

Mock A 

RD2 Pick 34: Trevon Diggs CB Alabama - With Xavier Rhodes on prove it deal Diggs would be a great pickup to potentially replace him if Rhodes struggles in 2020. Diggs is a former WR turned CB who has a great skills set and speed to excel as a CB at the next level. Matter in a fact, plug him in day one and let him go to work opposite Rhodes.

RD2 Pick 44: Chase Claypool WR Norte Dame - A lot of people were surprised to see him run a 4.42 at the combine. The only knock is his route running but man he is a red zone threat. This team needs a red zone receiving threat. 

RD3 Pick 75: Anthony Gordon QB Washington State - I love this dude's tape. His quick release and ability to step up in the pocket reminds me a lot of Aaron Rodgers. Let him sit behind Rivers for a real. Nick and Frank will love to work with this kid. 

RD4 Pick 122: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State - I like Cleveland's upside however, he doesn't fire his hands into defenders and he lets defenders come to him. He has some techniques  he has to work on in order to start in NFL. 

RD5 Pick 160: Jr Reed S Georgia - Hooker is a soon to be free agent. This guy could be his replacement. 

RD6 Pick 193: Michael Onwenu G Michigan - With development, he could be our right guard of the future. 

RD6 Pick 197: Michael Warren RB Michigan - Give Rivers a Sproles type back who can catch it out of the backfield 

Mock B 

RD2 Pick 34: Denzel Mims WR Baylor - Great size, great hands, great route runner all the intangibles you want in a receiver at the next level. 

RD2 Pick 44: Cole Kmet TE - We know Rivers loves his Tight Ends and Kmet would be great in our offense. 

RD3 Pick 75: Anthony Gordon QB  Washington - (See mock A) 

RD4 Pick 122: Bryce Hall CB Virginia - I hope he falls to 122. 

RD5 Pick 160: Lucas Niang OT TCU - A first round talent, but his work ethic is in question thats why I have him falling.

RD6 Pick 193: Michael Onwenu G - (See mock A) 

R6 Pick 197: Michael Warren RB Cincinnati - (See mock A) 

Mock C 

RD2 Pick 34: Jordan Love QB Utah State - Now I know most would say there is no way Love falls to 34 but recent mocks I've seen had him being drafted at the top of the 2nd round. The fact the Colts are still in touch with him tells me that they still like him. 

RD2: Pick 44 Cole Kmet TE Norte Dame - (See mocks A and B) 

RD3 Pick 75: Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa - Ran a 4.44 at the combine. With Rhodes on a prove it deal we need corners. Could be a sleeper pick. 

RD4  Pick 122: Donovan Peoples Jones WR Michigan - He would be drafted much higher if Michigan had a Quarterback last season. Shea Patterson prevented this guy from being a higher pick. A big bodied receiver who is a red zone threat. 

RD5 Pick 160: Lucas Niang OT TCU - (See mock B) 

RD6 Pick 193: Michael Onwenu G Michigan (See mocks A and B) 

RD6  Pick 197: Michael Warren RB Cincinnati (See mocks A and B) 

Some would ask why didn't I mock a pass rusher. I think Ballard is done drafting pass rushers for the time being. Guys like Banogu, Turay, and yes even Lewis are going to have to develop. That doesn't happen overnight and Turay showed some flashes before his injury. 

I love the B version but I don't think Mims will last until even the 30th pick. I also don't think Niang will last until the 5th round, if so that would be a steal. Love the Gordon pick though. If Love isn't available I'm really high on him and Jacob Eason.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:34 PM, JackColt23 said:

I love the B version but I don't think Mims will last until even the 30th pick. I also don't think Niang will last until the 5th round, if so that would be a steal. Love the Gordon pick though. If Love isn't available I'm really high on him and Jacob Eason.

I love Gordon more than Eason to be honest. Everyone wants Higgins over Mims but Higgins problem is he can't separate. We have enough receivers who can't separate from coverage on this team. 

I’m partial to Draft B.... especially the Mims / Kmet play in Round 2.

Knowing the likelihood of Rivers-Brissett-Kelly being our QBs next season I would instead pop in NT Davon Hamilton to the 3rd Round spot...although I agree that is where Gordon will come off the board... just not to us.

And nice call on Michael Warren in all 3 drafts.... I see him as a good sleeper pick at RB this year. :thmup:

Archived