Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sleet, Snow, Wind, Rain, Or Shine Peyton Can Win In Any Weather Period

southwest1

I agree. I posted the articles that I did because I was growing tired of the false misconception that Peyton Manning must have a dome setting in order to win another Superbowl trophy & ring. Yes, domes do protect a QB from the elements, but it is a luxury not a necessity in order for Peyton to win. All teams must contend with weather & on any given Sunday depending on the zebra penalty calls, the 3rd down covertions, the level of the competition, & turnovers any team can win or lose based on 4-6 key plays.

It's like how some Patriot fans use the stat splits on Brady & Manning indoors and saying that Brady is better than Manning in doors due to a higher QBrating.

Manning has 111 games @ 98.7

Brady has 14 @ 103.1

Yeah it is higher. Look at the teams/defenses that Brady will play indoors. Detroit, Atlanta, Houston, Indy, Minnesota, New Orleans, Arizona, Weak defenses for the majority of his career.

Manning faced all kinds of teams indoors. Good ones, bad ones, great ones during those 111 games.

Guess what his #'s are when you only include his road indoor games vs. the same set of opponents outside of Brady feasting on the Colts defense time and time again?

14 games @ 111.6 qb rating.

To me it's about the opponents. Brady usually if not always had an easier time going against the Colts than Manning did going against the Pats.... Commonsense.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all that you've said. I understand that Peyton will do whatever is necessary to win, regardless of weather. My earlier point was that until now, he hasn't shown that he can win in any weather, based on his previous poor performances in bad weather. Until he proves that he can, that stigma will remain. Of course I want him to prove that he can play well in bad weather. He will now have a chance to prove that he can. I just wouldn't make a bold statement that regardless of weather conditions, he will win, as that hasn't necessarily been the case with Manning thus far.

If the weather is like it was in Denver this year. I smell 37-7 victories. If it is bad, I smell 20 10 victories. He has a defense he has never had. Tebow winning 10-7.....WOW.

Whose Mark? :D

The frustration that comes here is that people seem to be saying he "can't" win b/c of the weather. So, it raises hackles a bit. He is going to have to work harder to perfect playing w/ the elements, but as you have stated above and as I have stated, this is a problem that he will tackle. He is too much of a perfectionist not to. If you actually ask me, I believe that is part of the reason he chose an outdoor stadium=new challenge; something to improve upon, get better at. Peyton likes challenges.

One other thought, when did Denver start having weather like they have in New England or Pittsburgh...did I miss the weather shift or something?

Denver's snow comes typically at 32 degrees. I would be in shorts and a freaking tee shirt. I was in short sleeves at 23 below windchill off of Lake Erie in Cleveland......weather means nothing. I caught both ends of a double header in 95 degree heat. I loved football in the rain...snow,,,heat...Peyton is where he needs to be. The schedule sucks, but he will lead them to 11-5......

I know southwest, and I can tell you he does not think Peyton is incapable of having a bad day, what he is trying to get across is the fact that Peyton will work hard to make sure that weather is not an issue. Again, I elude to what he did prior to our SB win--soaked footballs in ice cold water to prepare himself and Jeff in case it did rain. (and a side note, no QB is going to have a perfect game while it's down pouring. Likewise, no QB will have a perfect game when it is zero degrees outside. No one's body would let them...sorry, I'm using logic and common sense here.)

Tebow had 10 bad games and went to the playoffs.

Agree and if it does not work out then watch out......I have been saying for weeks that his new fanbase won't be as forgiving as his old fanbase. Unless half his new fanbase is his old fanbase.

Of course I felt with the Niners he had the most pressure.

But, dumping Lord Tebow and paying Peyton this much money with a rabid fanbase in Denver......yeah it's on.

Sounds to me like that's what your hoping for. :sigh: Well that statement could also apply to our new QB. JMO

Tebow had 10 bad games and went to the playoffs.

EXACTLY! This is part of what is so mind boggling to me. Tebow was able to make it to the playoffs, so why oh why do people doubt that Peyton can do it? (Enter those that are going to say this season's schedule is harder now.) To those that present the argument that this season's schedule is harder than last seasons was, I say this: so. Peyton is familiar with many of the teams. I still do not doubt his ability to achieve success. Make note, Peyton and the Broncos WILL be in the 2012 Playoffs.

EXACTLY! This is part of what is so mind boggling to me. Tebow was able to make it to the playoffs, so why oh why do people doubt that Peyton can do it? (Enter those that are going to say this season's schedule is harder now.) To those that present the argument that this season's schedule is harder than last seasons was, I say this: so. Peyton is familiar with many of the teams. I still do not doubt his ability to achieve success. Make note, Peyton and the Broncos WILL be in the 2012 Playoffs.

The schedule is rough, but the defense will me more fresh considering there will not be as many 3 and outs. In Denver opposing defenses will wilt in the thin air.