EastStreet

2020 Cornerback: Stats and Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your starting CB1

• Rock Ya Sin / 864 / 65.3 / 36:56 / 64%
    • Xavier Rhodes 807 / 46.4 / 59:70 / 84%
    • Marvel Tell / 249 / 67.6 / 22:34 / 65%
    • Quincy Wilson / 127 / 30.2 / 13:18 / 72%
    • TJ Carrie / 693 /  56.2 / 46:62 / 74% (has played mostly nickle/slot)
  2. 2. Who is your starting CB2

• Rock Ya Sin / 864 / 65.3 / 36:56 / 64%
    • Xavier Rhodes 807 / 46.4 / 59:70 / 84%
    • Marvel Tell / 249 / 67.6 / 22:34 / 65%
    • Quincy Wilson / 127 / 30.2 / 13:18 / 72%
    • TJ Carrie / 693 /  56.2 / 46:62 / 74% (has played mostly nickle/slot)
  3. 3. Should we still look to take a CB with the 2nd or 3rd round picks?

Player / Snaps / PFF rating / Catch:Target / %

Blue - good/above-average

Red - bad/below-average

Gone

Pierre Desir / 694 / 58.8 / 46:72 / 64%

CB1 and CB2 Candidates

Rock Ya Sin / 864 / 65.3 / 36:56 / 64% (Ya Sin was grading in the 70s/80s second half)

Xavier Rhodes 807 / 46.4 / 59:70 / 84%

Marvel Tell / 249 / 67.6 / 22:34 / 65%

Quincy Wilson / 127 / 30.2 / 13:18 / 72%

Nickle / Slot CB

Kenny Moore / 641 / 75.5 / 39:51 / 76%

TJ Carrie / 693 /  56.2 / 46:62 / 74%

UDFAs/Claims/PS guys (no real stats)

Picasso Nelson Jr.

Lafayette Pitts

Jackson Porter

I think Xavier gets the nod at starting CB 1 he has more experience covering and shutting down the opposing teams number 1 WR. Rock on the other hand he’s going into year 2 , I don’t think he has the technique yet to match up against and shutdown the number 1 receiver.

5 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

I think Xavier gets the nod at starting CB 1 he has more experience covering and shutting down the opposing teams number 1 WR. Rock on the other hand he’s going into year 2 , I don’t think he has the technique yet to match up against and shutdown the number 1 receiver.

That won't be known till after training camp and pre season. 

CB is one of the hardest positions to learn on the roster. 

Not trying to be argumentative but Rock made great improvement throughout the season and I personally think he will be the starter. 

3 minutes ago, Superfly said:

I would still like to see a CB at 34. Like Diggs or Terrell. 

Me too. I don't trust the new adds, and both are one year contracts. High hopes, low trust.

21 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Rock played CB1 most of the second half of the season. And his PFF rating jumped during that time. He absolutely was a quick learner.

from PFF

From Week 10 through the end of the season, Ya-Sin picked up a 76.1 coverage grade while allowing just a 67.7 passer rating into his coverage. That's the kind of performance the Colts expected when drafting him in the second round, and it's what they'll look for next season."

That's 30pts higher than Rhodes. I have high hopes that Rhodes can revert back to his 16 and 17 form, but if he's anything like the last 2 years, Tell might beat him out.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That won't be known till after training camp and pre season. 

CB is one of the hardest positions to learn on the roster. 

Not trying to be argumentative but Rock made great improvement throughout the season and I personally think he will be the starter. 

He made great improvements as a rookie who was thrown in the fire very early, Yes I will agree with you on that one. But he still had his moments where he looked like a rookie. My personal opinion I don’t think he’s yet ready to start day 1 and cover the Julio Jones, Kennan Allen & Mike Evans of the NFL every week. So imo Xavier Rhodes will have that duty , but as you said we won’t find out until after training camp.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I think everybody's CB score will improve with greater disruption ability by the defensive line.  The addition of Buckner cannot be underestimated in his effect on this.

I think two things will be true, and the above is one of them. The other is that Rock will take another step forward. It's pretty amazing to me that during the second half of his rook season, he not only took over CB1 responsibilities when Desir was out, but he also averaged a 76 coverage grade during that time.... and with our DL bottom 10 in pressures.. 

Archived