Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Colts have stayed in contact with Jordan Love

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would give up 2021 first and one of the seconds. We are a sound team with not many needs. It won’t set us back one bit to give up next years first if we get our QB this year. 

That would b a start but it would cost much more. Next years 1st could b in the 20's if our free agent acquisitions live up to the hype.  You could b looking at 2 1st rounders and then some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stitches said:

34+our future 1st + other stuff... I doubt this happens. 

Ya...not much chance of moving back into the top 15.  Nor do I see Ballard parting with 34 - seems like the perfect place to get a WR...and he's conducting the off season as though he believes he'll draft a starter at WR.  But 44 in a move up to 22 could be perfect to get Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, stitches said:

Smoke screen or smoke signal? :dunno:

or....

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stitches said:

My low end comp for him is DeShone Kizer :puke:

I was struggling for a low end comp, but yep.....that's it right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A trade with the Niners previously suggested might be getting pick #31 for the Colts’ pick #34 and their fourth round pick. I don’t think there is ANY way the Colts could get back to #13.

Would they do a trade like that to ensure nobody jumped them with either a KC trade for#32 or an overnight deal with the Bengals for #33? Maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That would b a start but it would cost much more. Next years 1st could b in the 20's if our free agent acquisitions live up to the hype.  You could b looking at 2 1st rounders and then some.

KC gave up the following years first and I think one other pick. Houston didn’t have to sell the farm to get Watson.  This is such a myth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

KC gave up the following years first and I think one other pick. Houston didn’t have to sell the farm to get Watson.  This is such a myth.

Yes ,but remember the Colts don't have a 1st round pick this year. So it is not as simple as that.  When teams trade up ,the team they trade with get their 1st rounders as,well as the team's 1st rounder for the following draft. For example.  Houston gets Watson at 12 and Cleveland got their 25th pick as well as next years 1st rounders.  So if for example we traded with the 49ers, they would want our 2021 and 2022. Thats the way I see it.  I doubt they would take our 2 2nd rounders plus next years 1st rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yes ,but remember the Colts don't have a 1st round pick this year. So it is not as simple as that.  When teams trade up ,the team they trade with get their 1st rounders as,well as the team's 1st rounder for the following draft. For example.  Houston gets Watson at 12 and Cleveland got their 25th pick as well as next years 1st rounders.  So if for example we traded with the 49ers, they would want our 2021 and 2022. Thats the way I see it.  I doubt they would take our 2 2nd rounders plus next years 1st rounder.

We do how ever have two very high seconds. A team like SF has two first so I could see them being a team willing to trade that 13th to say get another second and fourth round pick this year. And if we had to I would even add 2021 first. If we are good as we think that 2021 first would be pretty low anyway. All I am saying I would have no problem adding our 2021 first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We do how ever have two very high seconds. A team like SF has two first so I could see them being a team willing to trade that 13th to say get another second and fourth round pick this year. And if we had to I would even add 2021 first. If we are good as we think that 2021 first would be pretty low anyway. All I am saying I would have no problem adding our 2021 first. 

And  how is losing all that draft capital going to help us build around Rivers for the next 2 years?  If that is indeed their plan.  I think the plan is for Rivers to b their qb as long as he is producing.  That could b 6 months or another 3 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And  how is losing all that draft capital going to help us build around Rivers for the next 2 years?  If that is indeed their plan.  I think the plan is for Rivers to b their qb as long as he is producing.  That could b 6 months or another 3 years or so.

How is that giving up all the draft capital. We do have more then one pick. A second and a fourth this year with the 2021 first is not doing that. We still would have a second,third, fifth, 2 sixth round picks and a seventh.  Plus we added Buckner basically with our first and would also have our future QB. We have very few holes. We can use later rounds for oline depth or depth elsewhere. This would be a hell of a off season. Every need would of been filled and upgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoose said:

A trade with the Niners previously suggested might be getting pick #31 for the Colts’ pick #34 and their fourth round pick. I don’t think there is ANY way the Colts could get back to #13.

Would they do a trade like that to ensure nobody jumped them with either a KC trade for#32 or an overnight deal with the Bengals for #33? Maybe. 

I can definitely see the bolded trade.

 

I don't see us jumping too far up though. If we were going to make a move for Love, we would at least try to get into the bottom of the 1st to get the 5th year option vs just hopping to #33.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way I trade our first-round pick next year for any quarterback besides Burrow. I hope Ballard feels the same way.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

No way I trade our first-round pick next year for any quarterback besides Burrow. I hope Ballard feels the same way.

Before we traded 13, I would have consider that pick to move up to get Burrow or Tua

 

but I agree ... next years first we should keep no matter what

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL.com has Jordan Love at 39 on top prospects
 

Matt Miller has Jordon Love at 31 on top prospects


Sporting News has Love at 50 on top prospects

 

Daniel Jeremiah has Love at 23 

 

PFF has Love ranked 75 (Jan)

 

I’m iffy on Love.....  but if he is available at 34..... AND CB likes the kid... why not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

NFL.com has Jordan Love at 39 on top prospects
 

Matt Miller has Jordon Love at 31 on top prospects


Sporting News has Love at 50 on top prospects

 

Daniel Jeremiah has Love at 23 

 

PFF has Love ranked 75 (Jan)

 

I’m iffy on Love.....  but if he is available at 34..... AND CB likes the kid... why not

With the 34 th oick the colts select  a punter  lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We do how ever have two very high seconds. A team like SF has two first so I could see them being a team willing to trade that 13th to say get another second and fourth round pick this year. And if we had to I would even add 2021 first. If we are good as we think that 2021 first would be pretty low anyway. All I am saying I would have no problem adding our 2021 first. 

U lost me. San Fran has  only one  1st round pick and don't pick again till the 5th. Teams that r trading their 1st round picks always trade back to the other teams 1st and their 1st rounder for the next season. There's usually how it goes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

With the 34 th oick the colts select  a punter  lol

riot GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 3:42 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I really dont believe that.  I bet most teams have a similar grade on him. I just think that as soon as Mahommes comparisons were made,  he shot up in people's draft boards who really have no ties to the NFL.

Please, just go read the articles on Mahomes from 2017, they are legitimately reprints with Love's name instead of Mahomes.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U lost me. San Fran has  only one  1st round pick and don't pick again till the 5th. Teams that r trading their 1st round picks always trade back to the other teams 1st and their 1st rounder for the next season. There's usually how it goes

 

Pretty sure they have the 13th pick from us and the 31st pick. IF I am wrong I apologize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pretty sure they have the 13th pick from us and the 31st pick. IF I am wrong I apologize.

Not that I have seen.  Don't be surprised if they trade out of 13 as they need picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

No way I trade our first-round pick next year for any quarterback besides Burrow. I hope Ballard feels the same way.

If it’s getting you 10 years with your future QB and you only lose one years first that is worth a gamble. If we are good we are probably picking late first anyway. Not to mention after this draft we really wouldn’t have any major holes to fill. We have a solid team and can afford giving up our first in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Please, just go read the articles on Mahomes from 2017, they are legitimately reprints with Love's name instead of Mahomes.

Oh brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh brother

I mean, I'm not trying to convince you.  We're adults with out own opinions.  But the failure to see the similarities in the media opinion AND scouting profile when it comes to Love and Mahomes is a failure to do your due diligence.  Really, it is...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I am a little confused. So many bloggers were wanting the Colts to move up into the top 10 to get Love.  Now, they feel fortunate if he is still available at 34 so that the Colts can draft him. So is he a top 10 pick or an early 2nd round pick?? 

Could you imagine how far he will fall if Ballard were to trade both of our 2nds?   "Oh yea we can get him in the 3rd".  HAHAHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And  how is losing all that draft capital going to help us build around Rivers for the next 2 years?  If that is indeed their plan.  I think the plan is for Rivers to b their qb as long as he is producing.  That could b 6 months or another 3 years or so.

Just about every starting QB over the last few years have been acquired through the teams using draft capital to trade up.

You don't think Ballard is capable of doing that? 

What you call losing is what most call using. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it’s getting you 10 years with your future QB and you only lose one years first that is worth a gamble. If we are good we are probably picking late first anyway. Not to mention after this draft we really wouldn’t have any major holes to fill. We have a solid team and can afford giving up our first in 2021.

Or two-three years if he doesn't work out. I don't like him like you do. I have been wrong before though. I just think it's a reach. I got the feeling that Ballard felt that way too and he got the tackle I hoped he would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just about every starting QB over the last few years have been acquired through the teams using draft capital to trade up.

You don't think Ballard is capable of doing that? 

What you call losing is what most call using. 

I never said that.  I just don't see it this year as they have already traded their #13 pick. Plus,  I think they r going to build this team around Rivers for the next 2 years or so.  I just want them  to continue to build and when Rivers hits the wall, then draft a young qb surrounded by talent.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I never said that.  I just don't see it this year as they have already traded their #13 pick. Plus,  I think they r going to build this team around Rivers for the next 2 years or so.  I just want them  to continue to build and when Rivers hits the wall, then draft a young qb surrounded by talent.

I agree that trading up for a QB this year most likely won't happen.

But I also think if there is a QB in next years draft that Ballard wants he will use draft capital to get him if need be.

Like I said in different words is what you call losing draft capital is really using draft capital, not losing. There is a formula for moving up and down draft positions that most GMs use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Or two-three years if he doesn't work out. I don't like him like you do. I have been wrong before though. I just think it's a reach. I got the feeling that Ballard felt that way too and he got the tackle I hoped he would.

That can happen with any QB. If you don’t take the risk nobody would ever find their franchise guy.

 

Lets look at it this way. Look how good of a draft this could be.

 

13th pick-trade for buckner

34th pick we trade back into the first for Love

44th pick WR

Then we have the rest of the draft except maybe a fourth pick we packaged in the trade to get a couple depth pieces for the oline or a TE. Plus we signed rivers. That is one hell of a draft and FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I never said that.  I just don't see it this year as they have already traded their #13 pick. Plus,  I think they r going to build this team around Rivers for the next 2 years or so.  I just want them  to continue to build and when Rivers hits the wall, then draft a young qb surrounded by talent.

Why can’t we build around rivers and trade up for the future. We can do both. We already got Buckner. Get a WR in the draft and trade up for a Qb we have filled all our holes. Then we still have picks to add depth. Plus don’t you want a QB ready for if and when rivers is done. Why would we wait until that happens and not be prepared.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why can’t we build around rivers and trade up for the future. We can do both. We already got Buckner. Get a WR in the draft and trade up for a Qb we have filled all our holes. Then we still have picks to add depth. Plus don’t you want a QB ready for if and when rivers is done. Why would we wait until that happens and not be prepared.

I don't think it is feasible to trade up  and build around Rivers.  Our 2nd round picks and 3r rounder can b uses to draft at least 1 te and a wr.  We have to find TYs replacement.  He is in a contract year and I am not signing him to an extension based on his last couple of years of production

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't think it is feasible to trade up  and build around Rivers.  Our 2nd round picks and 3r rounder can b uses to draft at least 1 te and a wr.  We have to find TYs replacement.  He is in a contract year and I am not signing him to an extension based on his last couple of years of production

Who said it had to be this years draft capital? 

As far as the TE position we have Doyle and Cox. The TE position is not needed near as bad as some think IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Could you imagine how far he will fall if Ballard were to trade both of our 2nds?   "Oh yea we can get him in the 3rd".  HAHAHA

All it takes is to agree with some pundit. You dont even have to have your own opinion!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Who said it had to be this years draft capital? 

As far as the TE position we have Doyle and Cox. The TE position is not needed near as bad as some think IMO. 

Honestly, if i am going to trade up, I am going big time.  Let the Rivers scenario play out. We can sign him to modest contracts for as long as he plays and keep our core talent.  Let's say it is 2022 and Rivers is done and team is willing to move on.  I am all for going all in on drafting a qb. I totally for moving up into the top 10 and getting that guy.  I do not favour a scenario that people are supporting such as moving up  into the 1st and getting a guy in the late 20's or end of the 1st round.  To many warts.   I want to do it Philly style. Target a legit stud and go all in.  Now mayb Reich believes he is a qb whisper and can draft a guy Like Gordon and make him a star. They seemed to think they could convert Brissett into a starter but that failed,  so they are 0 for 1 so far.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't think it is feasible to trade up  and build around Rivers.  Our 2nd round picks and 3r rounder can b uses to draft at least 1 te and a wr.  We have to find TYs replacement.  He is in a contract year and I am not signing him to an extension based on his last couple of years of production

We would still get A WR with one of the seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly, if i am going to trade up, I am going big time.  Let the Rivers scenario play out. We can sign him to modest contracts for as long as he plays and keep our core talent.  Let's say it is 2022 and Rivers is done and team is willing to move on.  I am all for going all in on drafting a qb. I totally for moving up into the top 10 and getting that guy.  I do not favour a scenario that people are supporting such as moving up  into the 1st and getting a guy in the late 20's or end of the 1st round.  To many warts.   I want to do it Philly style. Target a legit stud and go all in.  Now mayb Reich believes he is a qb whisper and can draft a guy Like Gordon and make him a star. They seemed to think they could convert Brissett into a starter but that failed,  so they are 0 for 1 so far.

A QB does not have to be drafted in the top 5 to be successful with the right team. 

Brady, Rogers and Mohomes have been doing pretty good so you never know. 

Heck Werner was never drafted into the NFL and became a HOF QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That can happen with any QB. If you don’t take the risk nobody would ever find their franchise guy.

 

Lets look at it this way. Look how good of a draft this could be.

 

13th pick-trade for buckner

34th pick we trade back into the first for Love

44th pick WR

Then we have the rest of the draft except maybe a fourth pick we packaged in the trade to get a couple depth pieces for the oline or a TE. Plus we signed rivers. That is one hell of a draft and FA.

I just don't trust Love.

I'd like a receiver and a corner, then a quarterback in the third round and then an offensive tackle or tight end.

I also think we need a strong safety and defensive end in free agency or in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly, if i am going to trade up, I am going big time.  Let the Rivers scenario play out. We can sign him to modest contracts for as long as he plays and keep our core talent.  Let's say it is 2022 and Rivers is done and team is willing to move on.  I am all for going all in on drafting a qb. I totally for moving up into the top 10 and getting that guy.  I do not favour a scenario that people are supporting such as moving up  into the 1st and getting a guy in the late 20's or end of the 1st round.  To many warts.   I want to do it Philly style. Target a legit stud and go all in.  Now mayb Reich believes he is a qb whisper and can draft a guy Like Gordon and make him a star. They seemed to think they could convert Brissett into a starter but that failed,  so they are 0 for 1 so far.

We don’t know who is really going to be a stud until they play. Like someone mentioned above the opinion on Mahomes in 2017 was very similar to Love. I don’t want to be caught with our pants down if Rivers doesn’t work. We are right back in this same situation next year. If their is a guy they think can be the franchise they need to try and go get him. Even if Rivers does well no guarantee he will play another year. I don’t want to have to play a rookie. I want a guy ready to step in and win from day one if Rivers retires after a year or doesn’t play well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...