Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst Colts Of All-Time

WoolMagnet

Kerry Collins wasnt able to stay up right that wasnt his fault we had a busted offensive line now I dont get how they expected him to come right in in an emrgency pickup role cause of Peyton not being able to play and then come in after I believe no preseason games do good is beyond me

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if were going that route Id go Bill Polian and his silly undersized but fast players strategy. what happens when an undersized player gets a running start at full speed and runs smack dab into a Peyton Hillis or Brandon Jacobs type running back? they bounce off like flies

I'm glad you defined your opinion of a bust. That doesn't change what I recognize as a bust.

#1 overall that costs a ton of cash and doesn't last two years, hurt most of the time......that's a bust.

I don't care if he was diagnosed with butt cancer a week after being drafted, I'd call that a bust.

It's a bust, but I differentiate busts like Entman who were just injured and busts like Captain purple drank who busted because they don't have their minds right.

Still though, for the Colts, it has to be the Old Straight Arrow and I don't even see there being a second option.

The guy was banned for a year for betting on NFL games. He's been in prison in like 40 states and has scammed people literally out of millions of dollars to feed his gambling addiction. He sucked on the field. That's pretty much case closed as far as I'm concerned.

Kerry Collins wasnt able to stay up right that wasnt his fault we had a busted offensive line now I dont get how they expected him to come right in in an emrgency pickup role cause of Peyton not being able to play and then come in after I believe no preseason games do good is beyond me

I agree that they should not have expected him to play well......Polian himself said after he was fired that the reason was he had not provided a good back-up to Manning....and I agree.......even so... he played poorly for a veteran....five fumbles (four lost)..in two and a half games....passer rating of 62 against Cleveland....and 52 against Pittsburg....Colts easily could have won those 2nd and 3rd games with even average quarterback play....Painter in his first 3 starts of the year had QB ratings of 99 (TB)...116(KC)...and 79(CIN).........Orlovsky on the the year with an 82 rating beating Tenn and Hou.....the O-line had problems all year with injuries and instability.....Of the 3 QB's Collins was by far the worst....in my opinion...

I have only been watching the colts for about the last 17 years so those players were before my time or I was just learning back then

NFL Network had him as one of the top 10 draft busts of all time. That's how I know about it (He was before my football watching days as well)

Some of you guys are talking about undrafted free agents and career back ups. Trev Alberts was horrible, and he was a high 1st round pick. Art Schlister was another 1st round pick "super bust". The last several years of drafts from Polian could all be rolled up into the "worst of" category. Including the OT that we got in the second round but gave up the next years 1st for, he was HORRIBLE..

I agree that they should not have expected him to play well......Polian himself said after he was fired that the reason was he had not provided a good back-up to Manning....and I agree.......even so... he played poorly for a veteran....five fumbles (four lost)..in two and a half games....passer rating of 62 against Cleveland....and 52 against Pittsburg....Colts easily could have won those 2nd and 3rd games with even average quarterback play....Painter in his first 3 starts of the year had QB ratings of 99 (TB)...116(KC)...and 79(CIN).........Orlovsky on the the year with an 82 rating beating Tenn and Hou.....the O-line had problems all year with injuries and instability.....Of the 3 QB's Collins was by far the worst....in my opinion...

I still say Orlovsky should have been kept if possible to provide some veteran presence at that position, also taking into account under the circumstances that were dealt to us last year I believe he did pretty decent, not to mention that would provide us with one less hole to fill this year to back up Luck, in my opinion Orlovsky could start on a few teams in the league (Miami) maybe Seattle depending on how Flynn does

I still say Orlovsky should have been kept if possible to provide some veteran presence at that position, also taking into account under the circumstances that were dealt to us last year I believe he did pretty decent, not to mention that would provide us with one less hole to fill this year to back up Luck, in my opinion Orlovsky could start on a few teams in the league (Miami) maybe Seattle depending on how Flynn does

Totally agree.......he seems like the perfect back-up...experienced veteran...not quite good enough to be a starter (most places)...but good enough to hold down the fort if the stater goes down for a few games....wish they would have kept him...

I love it! Failed DB from what I remember. QB to DB.

Rex was a great player at Ohio State Started as a sophmore at QB, won a national championship, could run and was a very accurate passer, hardnosed, sturdy......drafted in the 10th round but I thought what a steal he got to be able to do something. He was the worst CB I ever saw and was quickly switched to safety because he was so bad (but no better there). In Rex's defense, he joined the Colts when Joe Thomas was cleaning house and he played for bad teams but seeing Rex play safety after watching 5/6 years of Rick Volk and Jerry Logan (2 top flight Colt safeties) was just too much for me at the time. We then made the same exact mistake with Jack Mildren (Oklahoma wishbone QB).