Indianapolis Colts
AustexColt

Phillip Rivers is a Charismatic Leader.

Rivers is the perfect example of a player you HATE playing against but LOVE to have him on your team!!!  He will bring the fire and passion that all INDY fans will love even know the results are not ideal.  INDY got a real steal in Rivers as I bet the farm he will contend for the AFC MVP in 2020!  Different scenery, different coaching staff = a rejuvenated about to be HOF.  Does anybody actually believe in the Chargers staff anyways to merit they were a good team last yr?   

• Like 6

I’m all for it. A lot of people have questioned what kind of leader he is because he’s so passionate and dishes it out to opponents. But if you look at interviews of his former coaches and teammates throughout the years, there’s never been a question about his leadership.

It’s the perfect fit for this young team.

A lot of outsiders have the wrong opinion on him due to small clips of what they’ve seen.  But dude is 100% humble.  Year after year Chargers have let him down, and he always has blamed himself for not playing better(he ranks almost top 10 in every major passing category).  Defense would give up 30 points and dude would be in the post game conference talking about “we could’ve done more to help the defense out.” 

I have a feeling Colts fans are gonna love him once they see him in more than just clips of him being angry over a bad play.  

• Like 4

I'm fully on board now...and I look forward to see what he can do. 

• Like 1

Johnny "Football" Manziel was the definition of charismatic QB. Where's he now?

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Johnny "Football" Manziel was the definition of charismatic QB. Where's he now?

He was an alcoholic. Rivers is as wholesome as they come. 

45 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

He was an alcoholic. Rivers is as wholesome as they come. 

Charisma is a gift. Just like leadership qualities. Thats it. Russel Wilson has both. 

I think Phillip will be just fine here. We were doing just fine with Brissett until he got hurt. I think Rivers is better than him. Let Brissett lead the defense... down to the end zone for the turnover celebration

I wonder how much left he has in the tank? Cause I know and have no doubt about his qb and leadership ability. He's been a beast since he came into the league. Love his passion. 

His arm has looked shot the last few weeks each of the last couple seasons.

But that said, it will be fun again having a QB with a full understanding of

and ability to diagnose pre-snap D alignments/movement and the resulting

ability to throw with anticipation (or if you like, 'throw guys open'...).

23 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

A lot of outsiders have the wrong opinion on him due to small clips of what they’ve seen.  But dude is 100% humble.  Year after year Chargers have let him down, and he always has blamed himself for not playing better(he ranks almost top 10 in every major passing category).  Defense would give up 30 points and dude would be in the post game conference talking about “we could’ve done more to help the defense out.” 

I have a feeling Colts fans are gonna love him once they see him in more than just clips of him being angry over a bad play.  

Are you ready for a 100% * off competitor leading our offense down the field in 2020!!!       If our D takes the next level to compete with Mahomes, we will represent the AFC come Jan!  Not even worried about the little Lamar Jackson led offense that is a one hit wonder!  Pocket passers rule!!!

On 4/1/2020 at 12:35 AM, Four2itus said:

I'm fully on board now...and I look forward to see what he can do. 

Obviously I'm NOT on board, but I would be absolutely delighted to be wrong!  I leave the door open a crack for Rivers to come out in his prime form and sweep me off my proverbial feet.  I'm just not feeling it atm.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, Rackeen305 said:

Charisma is a gift. Just like leadership qualities. Thats it. Russel Wilson has both. 

Ironically Jacoby Brissett also has both, it just isn't enough to overcome his deficiencies at actually throwing footballs.

8 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Ironically Jacoby Brissett also has both, it just isn't enough to overcome his deficiencies at actually throwing footballs.

Back handed compliments like JB is a top 25 QB in this league, gets hurt then people forget that he was 5-2.

Folks will give AV chance after chance, Rivers as well. Not to much for JB who's half the price as Rivers. And Younger.

What's Rivers excuse? The oline? So why can't JB use the excuse of getting hurt, just like AV, and AL?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Back handed compliments like JB is a top 25 QB in this league, gets hurt then people forget that he was 5-2.

Folks will give AV chance after chance, Rivers as well. Not to much for JB who's half the price as Rivers. And Younger.

What's Rivers excuse? The oline? So why can't JB use the excuse of getting hurt, just like AV, and AL?

Rivers doesn't throw bounce passes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Brissett has been in the league 4 years and still has the same flaws.   He started 2 full seasons and is still not very good and has not improved.   Even the coaches see an improvement was needed.   He complete under 60% of his passes for his career even though he throws mostly high percentage passes.  He's good for a backup.   That is all.  

Rivers had the worst season of his career which was still better than Brissett who had his best.   Rivers behind the 5th worst line and Brissett behind the 2nd best.  

I also want to see them move away from AV.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

People also tend to forget that JB had not really been playing all that well when the Colts were 5-2 and several of us mentioned even before he got "hurt" that DC were going to figure out that he is unwilling or unable to throw the ball deep and will therefore play to take away the short passing game and running game... which is kind of exactly what they did.

That is probably because both have proven to be winners, especially in the clutch, AV moreso than Rivers... JB has not proven that in 2 seasons as a starter.

See above.

37 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Obviously I'm NOT on board, but I would be absolutely delighted to be wrong!  I leave the door open a crack for Rivers to come out in his prime form and sweep me off my proverbial feet.  I'm just not feeling it atm.

Yeah, this is where I am too. I look around for other opinions and find things like this article.

"Rivers appears to be telegraphing passes. When he’s not doing that, he’s getting fooled by coverages"

"He also was sloppy in getting balls batted down at the line of scrimmage or even throwing balls into a teammate’s head"

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Yeah, this is where I am too. I look around for other opinions and find things like this article.

"Rivers appears to be telegraphing passes. When he’s not doing that, he’s getting fooled by coverages"

"He also was sloppy in getting balls batted down at the line of scrimmage or even throwing balls into a teammate’s head"

NFL Game Pass is free right now.  I’d recommend watching his game VS Steelers and Vikings.  Oline was so beyond trash the pocket was literally crumbling the second he got the ball.  I don’t think any QB would’ve played well behind that Oline. 

JB wouldn't take a calculated risk when it was needed. Unlike AL or PM. He has everything in my mind but that. Went into the last season worried and was proven right. He can make every throw. He can read defenses.

6 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Brissett has neither.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:47 AM, NewEra said:

I wonder how much left he has in the tank? Cause I know and have no doubt about his qb and leadership ability. He's been a beast since he came into the league. Love his passion. 

he had a highly overrated receiving core .Hear me out ...Keenan Allen although a good talent was made elite by Rivers he has no separation And below average speed he is a solid to above average route tree runner ...He also dropped way too many catchable balls in important games and inoportune moments .Mike Williams isn’t heralded as some great WR but he’s a one trick pony with terrible separation he could high point balls and catch poor balls though he did have good hands .Rivers had a horrible Oline for a decade .....he never had home field and his teams where always playing on the road .Rivers needs two things he needs a great Oline and two receivers who can fly and get open .TY is ok he’s had his day and Is still a good WR with ok separation. The kid from Penn State is who we need he jumps off the film and has elite speed and separation .Get Rivers Hamler and he can destroy Defenses with your existing WR group .Rivers I see the Greatest leader of men you may ever see and this includes Manning .He absolutely can win multiple Super Bowls with this fan base this Oline this Defense and Hamler type WR 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett has neither.

Brissett has plenty of leadership and charisma on the field.  Everything I've seen about him from unbiased sources praises both of those attributes

Where he falls short is his ability to make throws.  Unfortunately that's just as critical as being a good field leader if nor more so. 

Brisssett proved to have some big holes in his game that cost us down the stretch, that's a fact.  But don't drink the haterade.    Try to be impartial if you can.  If you won't acknowledge the good points of players you dislike, all you get is ignored.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

people forget that he was 5-2.

he wasnt even good during that stretch.  we won with the running game and the defense 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ColtUp said:

As a Chargers fan Keenan is not overrated, not above average route runner, he is the best route runner in the NFL by far, doesn't drop many passes, Keenans only issue is it seems he always has skates on his feet, perhaps he uses weird cleats and that is why he cuts and separates so well but it may be why he is always having his feet fly up from under him.  Williams is a one trick pony that hasn't lived up to the #7 pick but his production of his ypc are amazing.  Other than that he's only had a good Hunter Henry a few games a year and no one has been good.  The O line has been hot trash and Tom Telescos weak point of drafting.  Rivers with a O line, his smarts and playing in a dome and (Tenn, Hou, Jax for warm weather is 11 games total guaranteed) might mean only 2 or 3 bad weather games per year.  I don't feel the Chargers are going anywhere with Tyrod Taylor (I prefer our draft pick from last year drafted higher than Gardner Minshew, Easton Stick who replaced Carson Wentz at College), waste for the good D they have.  So I'm rooting for the Colts to win it all in 2020/21!

Listen  Philip Rivers has played for the worst fan base in the world of any sport he also played for the worst ownership and horrific GMs who never fixed the Oline even though he was a pure pocket passer . The chargers fixed the Oline this offseason for Tyrol ?...what a clown show franchise .Keenan Allen will be exposed BIG Time without Philip just watch as he disappears.The colts home field advantage will give Phil a brand new lease on his career watch !!! The way that franchise was run is an embarrassment why do you think The Manning’s Refused to subject themselves to play for such a horrible franchise and fan base .....Trainwreck comes to mind .paetheticly Sad how they wasted careers of Gates LT Rodney Junior and many others by hiring *s and has beens.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, Rackeen305 said:

People forget that he was 5-2.

No stat has been more discussed on these boards or on national TV or anywhere than the Colts were 5-2. That's what the national analysts talk about every time when discussing Brissett and following with the idea he wasn't given a fair chance.

Those of us who actually watched every game know that Brissett was simply awful the last half of the season and gave us very little chance to win. I was hoping Brissett would work out and thought he might when things were going well, but Colts' fans know what a good quarterback looks like and that's not what we saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

People also tend to forget that JB had not really been playing all that well when the Colts were 5-2 and several of us mentioned even before he got "hurt" that DC were going to figure out that he is unwilling or unable to throw the ball deep and will therefore play to take away the short passing game and running game... which is kind of exactly what they did.

That is probably because both have proven to be winners, especially in the clutch, AV moreso than Rivers... JB has not proven that in 2 seasons as a starter.

See above.

@Coffeedrinker before he got "hurt" as if you didnt see two of the largest men (Cam Hayward/Nelson) both 6'5" 300+ LBS and Nelson steps on JB's leg while being bull rushed from Cam Heyward.

Dude, if a 6'5" football player roll up on your leg, you might retire from football.

Oh, I was waiting for this lol Regarding Rivers "suspect" oline which made him play so poorly. 

Chargers 2019 Oline

LT - Trent Scott

LG - Dan Feeney

C - Mike Pouncey 

RG - Trai Turner

RT - Bryan Bulaga

combined with WR/TE/RB weapons, and that was the result 5-11?

BTW how many games did TY miss in 2019? If he repeats this, then what Colt receiver/TE will be better than 2019 Chargers? I'll wait...

15 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

No stat has been more discussed on these boards or on national TV or anywhere than the Colts were 5-2. That's what the national analysts talk about every time when discussing Brissett and following with the idea he wasn't given a fair chance.

Those of us who actually watched every game know that Brissett was simply awful the last half of the season and gave us very little chance to win. I was hoping Brissett would work out and thought he might when things were going well, but Colts' fans know what a good quarterback looks like and that's not what we saw.

oh. So Colts fans know Rivers is that good QB. ok.

So blame the performance of the 7-9 Colts on JB and 

not blame the performance of the 5-11 Char on Rivers. I see what you look at.

AV didn't cost the Colts at least 2 games? no? ok.

Steelers game final score (same game that JB got hurt)

Colts 24 - Steelers 26.

AV 1 of 2. If AV makes his kicks Colts win. Colts would be 8-8 minimum. Colts needed AV to be a "team player" and do his job, while the starting QB is hurt.

At least two games. Hoyer cost us another.

Most of us know what we saw with Brissett. Not sure what you were watching - maybe whatever team you like.

6 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

At least two games. Hoyer cost us another.

Most of us know what we saw with Brissett. Not sure what you were watching - maybe whatever team you like.

I see that you are a "homer" or a fan that just supports a team if they do good things or bad things, never questioning decisions. Thats who I am. 

regarding my fan-dom. I've posted on his site almost 10x as you. I dont get how me questioning 1 off-season move have to do with my support for the team.

You were the one talking about "Colts fans" as if you were from the opposite side.

Yes, I support the Colts, win or lose — since 1971.

I don't agree with every decision, but I always hope for the best, even if they had stayed with Brissett. I definitely believe Rivers gives us a better chance to win. There's no way to know for sure at this point though.

41 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

oh. So Colts fans know Rivers is that good QB. ok.

So blame the performance of the 7-9 Colts on JB and 

not blame the performance of the 5-11 Char on Rivers. I see what you look at.

AV didn't cost the Colts at least 2 games? no? ok.

Steelers game final score (same game that JB got hurt)

Colts 24 - Steelers 26.

AV 1 of 2. If AV makes his kicks Colts win. Colts would be 8-8 minimum. Colts needed AV to be a "team player" and do his job, while the starting QB is hurt.

rivers wasnt great last year but he threw 4600 yards.  hes not done yet

its not like jb has accomplished much in his career.  his best claim is started 5-2 and finished 7-7 on a team that mostly won with rushing 

Reich wanted to run the ball more and we did. JB can make all the throws. It's all mental when it comes to him. Rivers is an upgrade. But JB isn't trash. Injuries again killed this teams momentum last year. Hoyer came in and was pure trash, couldn't wait for JB to come back. He didn't come back the same. Injury like AV was most likely lingering the rest of the year. If Colts decide to resign JB after this year I'm ok with it. 

On 3/31/2020 at 9:51 PM, Imgrandojji said:

He throws very charismatically to the other team

He gives us a chance most of those interception's were not his fault.Now he has and offensive line would you rather have Coby or him leading that final drive to win the game. Ballard made the right short term move GO COLTS:thmup:

13 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

@Coffeedrinker before he got "hurt" as if you didnt see two of the largest men (Cam Hayward/Nelson) both 6'5" 300+ LBS and Nelson steps on JB's leg while being bull rushed from Cam Heyward.

Dude, if a 6'5" football player roll up on your leg, you might retire from football.

Oh, I was waiting for this lol Regarding Rivers "suspect" oline which made him play so poorly. 

Chargers 2019 Oline

LT - Trent Scott

LG - Dan Feeney

C - Mike Pouncey 

RG - Trai Turner

RT - Bryan Bulaga

BTW how many games did TY miss in 2019? If he repeats this, then what Colt receiver/TE will be better than 2019 Chargers? I'll wait...

Bulaga and Turner are 2020 FA’s and didn’t play last year.  And Pouncey played what 2 games.  They went through three centers and just a rotation of people UDFA’s at both Tackle spots.  Rivers does have a quick release and there was a stat last year for how quickly he had to throw- recall it being a fraction of a second.  Two great running backs and absolutely zero running game due to the % line.  A scrambling QB would be f’ed behind that line and Tyrod Taylor is a massive drop off from Rivers.  

16 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

@Coffeedrinker 

Chargers 2019 Oline

LT - Trent Scott

LG - Dan Feeney

C - Mike Pouncey 

RG - Trai Turner

RT - Bryan Bulaga

Huh?

Look, Philip played some great football and some bad football in 2019. That's just a fact. I don't make things up when I make my comments. So how about we all follow the same principle, OK? Thanks.

19 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Chargers 2019 Oline

LT - Trent Scott

LG - Dan Feeney

C - Mike Pouncey 

RG - Trai Turner

RT - Bryan Bulaga

I've had 6'5 300+ lb guys roll up my leg. I was never good enough to get paid to play football so I never could retire from it, but I did play after it happened.  And you can cry for JB all you want, I'm just going off what he said that he felt he could have come back in that game and then he felt that he could have played the following week as well.  No doubt there was some pain but that is a far cry from being injured and it's definitely not a reason for his poor play because he poor play was evident before the Pittsburgh game.  The major difference is, in the 2nd half of the season the receivers weren't there to bail him out by picking up yac like they did in the first half of the season before TY got hurt.

Lastly I didn't say anything about Rivers oline so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything but you post those players as if they are good, which is funny in and of itself.  As far as what WR is better if TY gets hurt, Pascal is better that Williams, Williams is great and running down the field and winning 50/50 balls but he's not a good route runner and his hands are good. 

• Like 1