Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the GOAT

2006Coltsbestever

Who is the true GOAT  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the GOAT

1 hour ago, NFLUp said:

At his peak?

Yeah, that’s not remotely true.  Moss was halfway through the back nine at that point.

Welker and Edelman achieved nothing before playing for Brady.  Edelman also took years to develop.  

I was talking about Brady, not Moss. 

Read the comment I was responding to. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Irvin is arguably the 2nd best WR of all-time. People do not like to hear that because he partied a lot off the field but he was strong and the king of the 10 yard slant. He and Aikman were automatic on almost every 3rd down it seemed. Irvin was a stronger/bigger version of Reggie Wayne. Rice was the best but 2nd best is debatable between I would say Irvin, Moss, Marvin, and I will throw Hutson in for old school purposes.

Regarding QB's, Brady is the greatest winner with 6 SB wins so if someone wants to say he is the GOAT, I get it and fine with it. If I am starting a franchise from scratch though = an unproven coach and unproven players, I am taking Peyton. Peyton won 5 MVP's and could carry teams. Also if someone wanted to argue that Montana was the GOAT, I am fine with that as well. He had great stats if you go by the era he played in (they would still be considered good stats by today's standards), really only Marino had much better stats and Montana was 4-0 in SB's.

I agree about Irvin. He is very underrated. He played in an offense that was run first and he still changed the position with a very average QB in Aikman.

If I was starting a team is pretty hard to argue not to go with Brady because of his overall success and for the most part average talent on offense that he willed to championships. My second QB would be Elway because he was also able to carry mediocre offensive talent to the SB and just will his teams to wins overall superior teams. After those 2, every other QB is a pretty steep fall off even Montana whose stats did not compare with Elway or Marino and even Kelly who only played 11 seasons and was only a hair behind Montana. I always felt Young was a much better and more prolific QB but had the unfortunate luck of running into the 90s Cowboys teams.

Archived