Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the true GOAT  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the GOAT

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Rings is a team accomplishment. Brady is no where near the player Peyton ever was. You put Peyton on the patriots and and give him BB he would have 10 rings lol. Brady is a system qb, he’s lucky he went to a team that has two great recievers!

I ultimately voted for Peyton eventhough Brady and Montana have more rings. I just think Peyton can carry a team more is why. Brady is the most accomplished QB ever though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Otto Graham, for those who only count the number of championships.

It’s completely biased, but I think Peyton is at the top. Changed the game, from a passing and leadership standpoint. He was literally a field general in that he was an offensive coordinator.   

This guy....  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I ultimately voted for Peyton eventhough Brady and Montana have more rings. I just think Peyton can carry a team more is why. Brady is the most accomplished QB ever though.

Yeah, I agree! Like if you put Peyton on the dolphins last year they are damn near a playoff team if you put brady on the dolphins I still think they suck. That’s my opinion of it anyways

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Yeah, I agree! Like if you put Peyton on the dolphins last year they are damn near a playoff team if you put brady on the dolphins I still think they suck. That’s my opinion of it anyways

I can't wait to see what Brady does in Tampa. I have them 10-6 and a wildcard, losing in the divisional round which isn't bad (it is a good season actually) but for Brady's standards he would think it was a loss season.

• Like 2

If Tom Brady can play well with Tampa Bay, I'll eat crow and say the Patriots success was impacted by Brady more than I thought.

I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening in Tampa, eat several vicious hits, and wonder to himself how Manning managed to win the Colts a Superbowl with our old crappy o-line. Our Colts o-line rarely gave Manning time to throw, and our run game was abysmal, yet Manning still found ways to win games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I went with Manning because he was the best QB I have seen in my lifetime.   The way he ran the offense, seen the field and played the game was amazing.   Joe Montana was a close second for me.

In my time watching the NFL, these are my top 5 in order.  

Manning

Montana

Marino

Young

Brady

Literally no none-Colts/Broncos fans would call Peyton the GOAT.

Brady is referred to as the GOAT everywhere.  By retired and current NFL players.  By coaches.  By analysts.

NO WHERE do you find references to Peyton Manning as the GOAT except on Colts’ boards.

20 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Rings is a team accomplishment. Brady is no where near the player Peyton ever was. You put Peyton on the patriots and and give him BB he would have 10 rings lol. Brady is a system qb, he’s lucky he went to a team that has two great recievers!

EVERYTHING in football is a team accomplishment.

A QB throws a TD.

His O-line protects him.

His receiver gets open.

His offensive coordinator trains the offense and calls the plays.

The QB is of course a big part of it, but every reception is because of the TEAM.

16 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

If Tom Brady can play well with Tampa Bay, I'll eat crow and say the Patriots success was impacted by Brady more than I thought.

I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening in Tampa, eat several vicious hits, and wonder to himself how Manning managed to win the Colts a Superbowl with our old crappy o-line. Our Colts o-line rarely gave Manning time to throw, and our run game was abysmal, yet Manning still found ways to win games.

So abysmal that Edge got into the HOF.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eventhough I created this thread I still haven't voted. I will vote later on. I was just curious to get everyone's opinion on this. I only listed 4 names because those are the names that come up the most in the media to being the goat. I did add the OTHER option though to be fair to a lot of other QB's.

I factor in everything like stats of course, League MVP's won, SB MVP's won, longevity, the clutch factor, and SB wins - although that is more of a team accomplishment has to be factored in. The QB is the most important position on the field and usually has a lot to do with whether or not you win a SB. It is just normal but Peyton is simply looked at different by winning that 2nd SB. His defense was the main reason why he got #2 but he is still a lot more respected when he got #2. You rarely here Dan Marino in the goat convo and it is because he never won a SB.

Mannings D is the main reason he won his first SB as well.... that said, man.... that first carry Benson had.... Sanders pretty much put a bow on Ced's career in that one play

5 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Literally no none-Colts/Broncos fans would call Peyton the GOAT.

Brady is referred to as the GOAT everywhere.  By retired and current NFL players.  By coaches.  By analysts.

NO WHERE do you find references to Peyton Manning as the GOAT except on Colts’ boards.

By most of the media Brady is considered the GOAT I agree. Having said that it is not like Peyton or Montana are after thoughts because they are always brought up in the discussion by the media. Brady is definitely the greatest winner with 6 Championships. Keep in mind Peyton has won 5 League MVP awards and that is an individual award - most by any player ever. 2 Championships is nothing to sneeze at either. Also I have been watching football now for roughly 43 years since I was real little, I have noticed most of the media have a bigtime east coast bias. ESPN is even located in Bristol.  

On 3/30/2020 at 2:56 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who is the GOAT?

Are you asking who is the greatest quarterback?   Or is the poll open to other goats like Jim Brown or Jerry Rice?

Just asking...   it’s your poll...

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

By most of the media Brady is considered the GOAT I agree. Having said that it is not like Peyton or Montana are after thoughts because they are always brought up in the discussion by the media. Brady is definitely the greatest winner with 6 Championships. Keep in mind Peyton has won 5 League MVP awards and that is an individual award - most by any player ever. 2 Championships is nothing to sneeze at either. Also I have been watching football now for roughly 43 years since I was real little, I have noticed most of the media have a bigtime east coast bias. ESPN is even located in Bristol.  

Remember, I believe this stay to be true....

That 85 percent of the population if the United States lives East of the Mississippi River.   That helps shape lots of opinions. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you asking who is the greatest quarterback?   Or is the poll open to other goats like Jim Brown or Jerry Rice?

Just asking...   it’s your poll...

At first it was supposed to be just intended for QB's but a few others had brought up the GOAT may not be a QB. So if you or anyone else would like to list someone other than a QB feel free too. You can just select the OTHER option and say who you feel is the best ever player. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Walter Payton. 

He achieved what he did with the least amount of help. 

image.thumb.png.a81bb297e6c30fbd581ef02ab1c1798b.png

That is a good pick. I am glad the Bears finally got a dominant team in 1985 so he could get a ring. I would probably still rank Jim Brown #1 as far as greatest runners but Walter makes my Mt Rushmore of RB's/FB's. I would have:

Jim Brown 

Walter Payton

Emmitt Smith

Barry Sanders 

as my Mt Rusmore in that category. Eric Dickerson would just miss the cut.

• Like 1

My all-time draft board would look like this = Top 10:

1. Peyton Manning QB

2. Tom Brady QB

3. Joe Montana QB

4. Johnny Unitas QB

5. Lawrence Taylor OLB = great pass rusher.

6. Reggie White DE = great pass rusher.

7. Jerry Rice WR = greatest WR of all-time/playmaker.

8. Deion Sanders CB = greatest cover corner of all-time.

9. Jim Brown RB/FB = greatest runner of all-time.

10. Larry Allen OT/OG = can play both OT/OG, He was so dominant. We all know how great Nelson is, Allen was even better because he was a great OT too.

-It is top heavy with QB's but that is how GM's just draft and it is the most important position on the field. Pass Rushers are so valuable as well. Having a CB like Deion would shut down one side of the field. Of course Jim Brown would be in every one's top 10 draft. Larry Allen would control your O.line, like Nelson does.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My all-time draft board would look like this = Top 10:

1. Peyton Manning QB

2. Tom Brady QB

3. Joe Montana QB

4. Johnny Unitas QB

5. Lawrence Taylor OLB = great pass rusher.

6. Reggie White DE = great pass rusher.

7. Jerry Rice WR = greatest WR of all-time/playmaker.

8. Deion Sanders CB = greatest cover corner of all-time.

9. Jim Brown RB/FB = greatest runner of all-time.

10. Larry Allen OT/OG = can play both OT/OG, He was so dominant. We all know how great Nelson is, Allen was even better because he was a great OT too.

-It is top heavy with QB's but that is how GM's just draft and it is the most important position on the field. Pass Rushers are so valuable as well. Having a CB like Deion would shut down one side of the field. Of course Jim Brown would be in every one's top 10 draft. Larry Allen would control your O.line, like Nelson does.

I could see John Elway and Aaron Rodgers being the next 2 picks at #11 and #12, it is a QB league. The whole top 10 could be QB picks in reality but I mixed in other great players that talent wise belong in the top 10. Some people think building a great defense is just as important or building the O.Line to be a dominant wall compared to having a super duper QB.

I completely understand why QBs get the most glory because of the position and are considered the team leader.

I just think the QB gets the glory by the greatness of the players around him. 

Super bowls are more of a team accomplishments. IMO. 

Players like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Jim Brown spent their careers on teams that were not very good. The 85 Bears were a defensive juggernaut but won without great QB play.

We also tend to look at players we remember seeing and are familiar with. 

One of the greatest players I can recall playing was Tony Gonzalez but a TE is overlooked in the conversation. 

Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Dick Butkus and Joe Green were just as good of a player than any QB ever was. 

Then there was offensive lineman Ron Mix. He was so good he only drew 2 holding penalties in his 10 year HOF career. Just think about that for a minute. There are players who have 2 penalties called in 1 game. That is a mind blowing stat IMO. 

Just food for thought. :hat:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I completely understand why QBs get the most glory because of the position and are considered the team leader.

I just think the QB gets the glory by the greatness of the players around him. 

Super bowls are more of a team accomplishments. IMO. 

Players like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Jim Brown spent their careers on teams that were not very good. The 85 Bears were a defensive juggernaut but won without great QB play.

We also tend to look at players we remember seeing and are familiar with. 

One of the greatest players I can recall playing was Tony Gonzalez but a TE is overlooked in the conversation. 

Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Dick Butkus and Joe Green were just as good of a player than any QB ever was. 

Then there was offensive lineman Ron Mix. He was so good he only drew 2 holding penalties in his 10 year HOF career. Just think about that for a minute. There are players who have 2 penalties called in 1 game. That is a mind blowing stat IMO. 

Just food for thought. :hat:

Ron Mix is a good call. He was great no doubt. I forgot about him haha 

• Thanks 1
On 4/3/2020 at 5:44 PM, NFLUp said:

EVERYTHING in football is a team accomplishment.

A QB throws a TD.

His O-line protects him.

His receiver gets open.

His offensive coordinator trains the offense and calls the plays.

The QB is of course a big part of it, but every reception is because of the TEAM.

So abysmal that Edge got into the HOF.

Lol okay look at what happened when Peyton was hurt.. we got the first pick in the draft. “EvErThInG In FoOtBaLl Is A TeAm AcCoMpLiShMeNt” no Peyton no ring no Peyton no winning seasons. No luck we are cheeks. No brady, they still have winning seasons. No brady they still win games. Get out of here with your stupid statement

• Like 1
On 4/2/2020 at 9:54 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait to see what Brady does in Tampa. I have them 10-6 and a wildcard, losing in the divisional round which isn't bad (it is a good season actually) but for Brady's standards he would think it was a loss season.

Same I think he will do good cuz he has weapons but he will not do as good as if he was still on the pats. I hope he gets embarrassed on the field because I despise him. So much hatred for him haha! But that’s just me!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Lol okay look at what happened when Peyton was hurt.. we got the first pick in the draft. “EvErThInG In FoOtBaLl Is A TeAm AcCoMpLiShMeNt” no Peyton no ring no Peyton no winning seasons. No luck we are cheeks. No brady, they still have winning seasons. No brady they still win games. Get out of here with your stupid statement

Well lets look at the other side of the coin.

The Patriots won without Brady because of having a great team.

The Colts without Manning were not near as talented as the Patriots were. 

Manning was a generational QB and had the capabilities to carry a team. 

That is not the norm. 

Teams have won the super bowl with  QBs who are not even considered that good. 

You speak of Manning- Just how good was Manning when the Bronco's won the super bowl. You honestly think he was good enough to carry that Bronco's team to the super bowl? He was down to a game manager at that point in his career. 

Yes QBs get the glory because of their position but they couldn't do anything without the team around them. 

It was not a stupid statement IMO. 

15 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

So because the Patriots are better at drafting and preparing back up QBs, that means Peyton is better?

talk about *ic logic.

All things equal, if every team/game was set up the same I would like Peyton.  But things don't work that way and I am one of the few that think if you don't get a ring it is a let down.  I would rather have the Giants and Eli's results and 2 rings during that time frame then all our dominant regular seasons and only 1 ring.  I have the personality that makes it tough to have team that was capable of winning several more rings than they did.

For that reason I give the nod to Brady, based on results.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, NFLUp said:

So because the Patriots are better at drafting and preparing back up QBs, that means Peyton is better?

talk about *ic logic.

No. I think the logic is that Brady's team's were better, (as you've just admitted) thus more championships for the Patriots. Hence, the Brady GOAT talk.

Brady is a cog in an impressive, well-oiled machine.

13 hours ago, midwest said:

All things equal, if every team/game was set up the same I would like Peyton.  But things don't work that way and I am one of the few that think if you don't get a ring it is a let down.  I would rather have the Giants and Eli's results and 2 rings during that time frame then all our dominant regular seasons and only 1 ring.  I have the personality that makes it tough to have team that was capable of winning several more rings than they did.

For that reason I give the nod to Brady, based on results.

So you think super bowls rings make for the GOAT even though super bowls are team orientated? 

Look, I have been watching and following the NFL since 1962 and I honestly believe that Brady is not the greatest NFL player I have ever seen. Super bowl rings do not measure the GOAT. 

There are eras and positions to consider when you talk about the GOAT. 

Was Brady any better in his position than Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Berry Sanders were in theirs? 

Was Brady better in his position than Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White were in theirs? 

Was Brady any better at his position than Johnny Unitas?  I think Unitas played in an era when he wasn't protected like Brady has been his whole career. 

Like I said earlier, take a look at Ron Mix. An offensive lineman that drew 2 holding penalties in a 10 year HOF career. (let that sink in)

You see, it's all perspective. There is no right or wrong answer. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you think super bowls rings make for the GOAT even though super bowls are team orientated? 

Look, I have been watching and following the NFL since 1962 and I honestly believe that Brady is not the greatest NFL player I have ever seen. Super bowl rings do not measure the GOAT. 

There are eras and positions to consider when you talk about the GOAT. 

Was Brady any better in his position than Jim Brown, Walter Payton or Berry Sanders were in theirs? 

Was Brady better in his position than Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White were in theirs? 

Was Brady any better at his position than Johnny Unitas?  I think Unitas played in an era when he wasn't protected like Brady has been his whole career. 

Like I said earlier, take a look at Ron Mix. An offensive lineman that drew 2 holding penalties in a 10 year HOF career.

You see, it's all perspective. There is no right or wrong answer. 

Brady is the most accomplished and greatest winner with 6 SB Titles (in the SB era). Nobody can argue that, those are just facts. Having said that if you gave Brady and Peyton the same exact coach and talent, I would take Peyton. I think individually Peyton was better. If it were Tennis or Golf, Peyton would have more titles IMO. Peyton had better weapons on offense with Marvin and Reggie for most his career but Brady had the better coach and a defense that always stepped up in the playoffs. What good does it do if your defense can't stop nobody. The 1 year the Colts had that we won the SB in 2006. Even then we gave up 34 points against the Pats and it took a Peyton game winning drive to win the AFC.

• Like 1

Tom Brady missed a season the patriots went 11-5. Peyton missed a season the Colts went 2-14.  That alone should tell you how much more valuable Peyton was than Brady.   Also Brady was suspended and the patriots went 3-1 beating 2 playoff teams and at Arizona with gronk as well. Peyton retires the next season the Broncos with the same players dont even make the playoffs. 

To those who measures the GOAT by the amount of championship rings they wear then Brady is not alone with 6.

Fuzzy Thurston, Forrest Gregg and Herb Adderley all have 6. 

You see, it's all perspective. :dunno: -------> :D

• Like 1
On 4/5/2020 at 2:55 PM, NFLUp said:

talk about *ic logic.

cant just go by rings, peyton does have more mvps

What is strange is how Patriots fans always said Peyton choked in the big game. Yet he was 3-1 vs Brady in AFC Title Games. Peyton is far from a choker. He probably should've won 3 or 4 SB's but he still won 2 SB's and 3-1 in Title games vs the so-called non-choker. Explain how a choker can be 3-1 in AFC Title Games vs someone that never chokes? You can't. Brady also had the biggest choke in NFL history in 2007. 18-0 and a 14 point favorite vs the Giants in SB 42. A chance at 19-0, he and his offense puts up 14 points lol. Brady is far from perfect. He was able to win so many rings because he had the same great coach for 20 years. 

• Like 1

For me, it’s Joe Montana – he went 4-0 in Superbowls, and never threw an interception in any of them. People reference Brady and his numerous rings, but IMO, although he didn’t personally cheat, he definitely benefited from the cheating (Spygate) that his team was doing and that accounted for his first 3 rings!

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/kurt-warner-suspicious-patriots-deflategate-article-1.2094128

The Chargers were likely victims of Spygate as well, they were 14-2 and the AFC’s #1 seed in 2006 when they were knocked off at home by the #4 seeded Patriots, by a field goal as most of their tainted “victories” turned out to be.

• Like 3

Just watching Colts vs Patriots in Foxboro in 2006 and Manning is just unbelievable throwing dimes while under pressure and with defenders in his grill. Everyone likes to point out Peyton's weapons at that time, and sure they were great, but Peyton doesn't get enough credit for his role in their greatness. 

This may have also been one of the first games where the Colts took precautions against the Patriots cheating. 

8 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

For me, it’s Joe Montana – he went 4-0 in Superbowls, and never threw an interception in any of them. People reference Brady and his numerous rings, but IMO, although he didn’t personally cheat, he definitely benefited from the cheating (Spygate) that his team was doing and that accounted for his first 3 rings!

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/kurt-warner-suspicious-patriots-deflategate-article-1.2094128

The Chargers were likely victims of Spygate as well, they were 14-2 and the AFC’s #1 seed in 2006 when they were knocked off at home by the #4 seeded Patriots, by a field goal as most of their tainted “victories” turned out to be.

Yeah to me if someone said it was Brady or Montana or Peyton as far as greatest QB ever it would be tough to debate that any of those aren't. Montana being 4-0 in SB's with no INT's is very impressive.

That 2006 Chargers team was the best team they ever had with Rivers IMO. LT won MVP that season too. Their D was a blitzing machine too. Marty was a bit too conservative for my taste but still a good coach. That season 4 teams in the AFC alone won 12 or more games = Chargers 14-2, Ravens 13-3, Colts 12-4, Patriots 12-4. That season IMO was the greatest the AFC has ever been.

• Like 1

When I look at all-time QB's, I look at things that really stand out =

Tom Brady has won 6 SB Titles and 4 SB MVP's.

Joe Montana was 4-0 in SB's and never threw an INT in one of those games playing in 4, 4 SB Titles in total.

Peyton Manning won a SB with 2 different teams as a starter, no other QB has ever done that in NFL history, 2 SB Titles in total. Peyton also won 5 League MVP's which is the most in NFL history.

-Those are all great feats and unique things.

• Like 1

Yeah to me if someone said it was Brady or Montana or Peyton as far as greatest QB ever it would be tough to debate that any of those aren't. Montana being 4-0 in SB's with no INT's is very impressive.

That 2006 Chargers team was the best team they ever had with Rivers IMO. LT won MVP that season too. Their D was a blitzing machine too. Marty was a bit too conservative for my taste but still a good coach. That season 4 teams in the AFC alone won 12 or more games = Chargers 14-2, Ravens 13-3, Colts 12-4, Patriots 12-4. That season IMO was the greatest the AFC has ever been.

Marty was usually cautious to a fault, playing a big part in his combined 5-13 record in the postseason but in this game he was persuaded to take a chance, and it cost him big time!  Late in the 1st Quarter, no score after both teams have punted twice apiece. Chargers have it 4th & 11 at the New England 30 yard line, and it’s reported Marty was set to have Nate Keading attempt the field goal of about 48 yards but that OC Cam Cameron told him, “I have a play that will get the 1st down.”  Marty lets him run that play, Rivers gets sacked & fumbles at the 35, it’s recovered by the Pats, after which they march downfield on a 9 play drive and kick a field goal of their own for the first points of the game.

Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in that game, but the last one was intentional, and strategic – Down by 8 points with about 6 ½ left in the 4th, Brady had just been sacked by Shawne Merriman on 3rd & 5 at the Chargers’ 41. In the huddle he told his teammates that he was going to throw it right to a defender, and instructed them to strip it and that’s exactly what happened – he threw it to Marlon McCree and lacking situational awareness, he tried to return it and fumbled as planned. New England recovered and 5 plays later Brady hits our former WR Reche Caldwell for the touchdown, and succeed on the 2 point conversion to tie the game. A week later when Marlin Jackson intercepted Brady late, he had the good sense to get down before any Patriot could go for  the ball.

The Chargers go 3 & out on their next drive, the Patriots go downfield and kick a field goal with just over a minute remaining, Chargers rush down the field with no timeouts because Marty had blown the last one on a foolish challenge, and Kaeding’s rushed 54 yard attempt to tie sails wide and after kneeling once to win, several Patriots felt the need to celebrate by running to midfield and dancing on our logo,  mimicking Merriman’s famed “Lights Out” dance. An enraged LaDainain Tomlinson had to be physically restrained, and addressed New England’s  “lack of class” in his postgame comments.

• Like 1

When I look at all-time QB's, I look at things that really stand out =

Tom Brady has won 6 SB Titles and 4 SB MVP's.

Joe Montana was 4-0 in SB's and never threw an INT in one of those games playing in 4, 4 SB Titles in total.

Peyton Manning won a SB with 2 different teams as a starter, no other QB has ever done that in NFL history, 2 SB Titles in total. Peyton also won 5 League MVP's which is the most in NFL history.

-Those are all great feats and unique things.

And Peyton played in four SB's with four different head coaches. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

And Peyton played in four SB's with four different head coaches. 

That’s impressive, kinda like Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs winning 3 Superbowls with 3 different quarterbacks.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Marty was usually cautious to a fault, playing a big part in his combined 5-13 record in the postseason but in this game he was persuaded to take a chance, and it cost him big time!  Late in the 1st Quarter, no score after both teams have punted twice apiece. Chargers have it 4th & 11 at the New England 30 yard line, and it’s reported Marty was set to have Nate Keading attempt the field goal of about 48 yards but that OC Cam Cameron told him, “I have a play that will get the 1st down.”  Marty lets him run that play, Rivers gets sacked & fumbles at the 35, it’s recovered by the Pats, after which they march downfield on a 9 play drive and kick a field goal of their own for the first points of the game.

Tom Brady threw 3 interceptions in that game, but the last one was intentional, and strategic – Down by 8 points with about 6 ½ left in the 4th, Brady had just been sacked by Shawne Merriman on 3rd & 5 at the Chargers’ 41. In the huddle he told his teammates that he was going to throw it right to a defender, and instructed them to strip it and that’s exactly what happened – he threw it to Marlon McCree and lacking situational awareness, he tried to return it and fumbled as planned. New England recovered and 5 plays later Brady hits our former WR Reche Caldwell for the touchdown, and succeed on the 2 point conversion to tie the game. A week later when Marlin Jackson intercepted Brady late, he had the good sense to get down before any Patriot could go for  the ball.

The Chargers go 3 & out on their next drive, the Patriots go downfield and kick a field goal with just over a minute remaining, Chargers rush down the field with no timeouts because Marty had blown the last one on a foolish challenge, and Kaeding’s rushed 54 yard attempt to tie sails wide and after kneeling once to win, several Patriots felt the need to celebrate by running to midfield and dancing on our logo,  mimicking Merriman’s famed “Lights Out” dance. An enraged LaDainain Tomlinson had to be physically restrained, and addressed New England’s  “lack of class” in his postgame comments.

Yeah that game was nuts! I thought for sure it would be us vs you guys for the AFC Title. That would've been tough for the Colts to win at SD. We were 10-0 at home that season counting the playoffs so I didn't mind seeing Tom and BB for once. I was still rooting against them when you guys played them because I always root against them :thmup:

• Like 1