Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Projected Starters for 2020

CR91

21 hours ago, P'Son said:

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but there will not be a 2020-2021 season.  Get over it and be content with what is important in life.

I think there might still be a 2020 season, but probably without fans in the stadium.

Here's my prediction.  By the fall, there will be quick diagnostic tests available using saliva.  Easy peasy.  The players and coaches will be tested daily and asked to maintain social distancing when not at practice or games, and any positives are removed from the rosters for the number of weeks necessary, maybe 4.

Since the country will still be practicing social distancing and finally doing the mass testing (which should have started last month - no excuse for that), the new infection rates will be much lower, and that will help a lot.

The owners and players will lose stadium revenue, but still get TV revenue, which is substantial.  That's better than no revenue.  The last thing the owners will want to do is have no season, and that will be a driver to make something like this happen.

By this time next year, we'll have a vaccine, and 2021 will be back to normal.

48 minutes ago, il vecchio said:

I think there might still be a 2020 season, but probably without fans in the stadium.

Here's my prediction.  By the fall, there will be quick diagnostic tests available using saliva.  Easy peasy.  The players and coaches will be tested daily and asked to maintain social distancing when not at practice or games, and any positives are removed from the rosters for the number of weeks necessary, maybe 4.

Since the country will still be practicing social distancing and finally doing the mass testing (which should have started last month - no excuse for that), the new infection rates will be much lower, and that will help a lot.

The owners and players will lose stadium revenue, but still get TV revenue, which is substantial.  That's better than no revenue.  The last thing the owners will want to do is have no season, and that will be a driver to make something like this happen.

By this time next year, we'll have a vaccine, and 2021 will be back to normal.

I appreciate your logic but still do not believe there will be a 2020-2021 season.  I've taken a lot of flack from some of the "experts" on this site that think I'm being an alarmist.  I'd like to see the games too, but given the dire situation the country/world is in, I just don't think the commissioner or owners will support a season this year; even an abbreviated one.  However, if I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my humble pie and issue a retraction.  If I'm correct, let's see if any of my detractors are big enough to admit I was correct. You can see who they are.

Archived