Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Luck2Hilton4TD

Report: Colts Have ‘Met’ with LSU Offensive Guard Damien Lewis

By what I’ve read here...   Lewis seems like a pure guard.   And he seems like a Day 2 draft picks.  Hard for me to see us spending a 2nd or 3rd round Pick on a pure guard.     Even if he can also be a backup center, this doesn’t seem like a natural fit.   Unless we think he might somehow fall to our fourth round pick,  but I just don’t see that happening with Lewis. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

By what I’ve read here...   Lewis seems like a pure guard.   And he seems like a Day 2 draft picks.  Hard for me to see us spending a 2nd or 3rd round Pick on a pure guard.     Even if he can also be a backup center, this doesn’t seem like a natural fit.   Unless we think he might somehow fall to our fourth round pick,  but I just don’t see that happening with Lewis. 

Yeah, there will be plenty of teams looking to fix their lines this year. Someone will likely grab him before the 4th. 

It would be great if we could add someone that is superior to Glow.
 Glow playing at last years level would be a problem if we are going to dominate at the LOS.
 Someone that has G/C capability and could play LG if needed. 
  That person in the 3rd would be great value.

29 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Glow playing at last years level would be a problem if we are going to dominate at the LOS.

With Rivers quick release I bet we see most of Glows problems go away.

We have talked with a lot of oline players. This will be a good time to draft some very good depth since we really don’t have a lot of holes to fill.

• Like 1

I think we need a tackle, either to push Smith inside or to be ready to take over at left tackle eventually.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Glow took 1,076 snaps last season and gave up 3 sacks. 

He was also very good at his run blocking. 

For some reason you think he is not good enough? 

Not every player on the team is an all star so why be negative to those who are not? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I think we need a tackle, either to push Smith inside or to be ready to take over at left tackle eventually.

I agree.... even with AC re-signed we need quality depth now that Haeg has gone. 

As long as we address WR as well.... I would be fine with a solid OT prospect in Rounds 2-4.... and then an interior O lineman for depth in Rounds 5-7.

• Like 1

Would be quality depth at minimum. No way the line stays healthy all year, like last. Would still need a tackle for depth and development.

• Like 1

I think Ballard will always work on the trenches. We can never have enough depth.

• Like 1

Imo, It’s okay to keep pushing for excellence on our Oline. It is a position of strength and will always have a domino effect on our other offensive positions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

For the last time....Smith does not need to be pushed inside. He’s consistently graded out as one of the better RTs in the league.

79.8 by PFF with a QB who held the ball way too long. Bet that rating goes up this season with Rivers who isn’t scared to let the ball go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not every player on the team is an all star so why be negative to those who are not? 

Of course he isn't good enough. His PFF grade put him at 45th.
 LMAO at All-Stars. Desir got fired when many here were surprised. 
 Did you watch Glow last season? His pass blocking was not good. 
 3 sacks? How many pressures? That is what counts.
 621 pass blocking snaps with a 56.9 grade. The 5th WORST of the top 64 highest graded players.
 I didn't need to see that number to know he was a Problem.
 455 run blocking snaps. A grade of 64.9. Nothing Very Good about that. A little above average.
  I wasn't being negative. His play is what it is. Give me a guard with a 70+ pass blocking grade with his 64.9 run blocking grade and our line would be better balanced. Period.
 I guarantee you his starting spot isn't a lock where the other 4 are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

For the last time....Smith does not need to be pushed inside. He’s consistently graded out as one of the better RTs in the league.

79.8 by PFF with a QB who held the ball way too long. Bet that rating goes up this season with Rivers who isn’t scared to let the ball go.

There are a lot of QB's that hold the ball to long.
 That said, Rivers will help with Smith's pass blocking issues.
  His PFF pass blocking grade was 68.1.  44th in the top 50.
 His run blocking was Elite to get his overall grade so high.
  Just going by this, a move inside, Not for the last time, looks like a reasonable move.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly. If we get a guard it's because we could use some depth. We definitely COULD take one round 3, but probably not and doubtfull no earlier. I could wee OT in round 2 though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

621 pass blocking snaps with a 56.9 grade. The 5th WORST of the top 64 highest graded players.
 455 run blocking snaps. A grade of 64.9. Nothing Very Good about that. A little above average.
  I wasn't being negative. His play is what it is. Give me a guard with a 70+ pass blocking grade with his 64.9 run blocking grade and our line would be better balanced. Period.

Isn't good enough? 

Well he was good enough for Ballard to sign a new contract that is worth over  16 million dollars.

Not all the players on the team can be all pro players. Nor can we afford to pay them like all pro players. 

Glow is good enough no matter what you opinion is. 

I agree that taking a stud tackle in round 2 is a distinct possibility.  

On 3/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I think Ballard will always work on the trenches. We can never have enough depth.

He's said it a thousand times - games are won with the lines.  His actions tell us the same - drafting Nelson 6th, taking Smith in the 2nd, giving up a first for Buckner.  There are other examples as well.  Why anyone would doubt that Lewis, or any other linemen, in the 2nd is not a possibility is a mystery to me.

• Like 2

Speaking of things, whatever happened with Adrian Magee? Or was he just a 1 play highlight reel.

22 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Speaking of things, whatever happened with Adrian Magee? Or was he just a 1 play highlight reel.

He is not listed in any of the guides(Lindys, Athlon, DraftScout) that I have

On 3/28/2020 at 1:15 PM, throwing BBZ said:

Was it just me or didn't Glow have a bunch of penalties too.  

I'm not saying that he is priority #1 to replace at all.  But he's the weak link in the OL.