Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which player are you looking at closely this preseason?

coltfaninnewyork

I am hoping that Jerry Huges makes a big leap from last year's disaster.I have heard he has looked better but let's see him in some game action.

i hope he has a big year but how do they use him unless one of our starting des get hurt, could they ever use 3 des in a passing situation

The O-Line as a unit. Ugoh started as a rookie and did fairly well, Castonzo should do better. Who will play guard(s).

I've said it before, but I hope the line is determined and practicing long before Peyton takes a snap while not wearing a red shirt.

I'm gonna be watching Lacey. I'm looking for him to have a breakout season and prove that he is very worthy of a starting CB position. I'm looking to see him jump a good number of routes, get a lot of passes defended, and lead our team in INTs. And I'm thinking 2 or more pick-6s. I'll be watching him closely.

either Chick plays out of his mind good, or he comes back home. I would personally like to see him stay in Indy, and not back with a terrible 2011 Riders team.

Chick is prolly gonna go home. Our D line sounds deeper than it's ever been, and he's one of the players in that group there has been literally no mention of coming out of camp. He could go to the practice squad, but even that's unlikely, IMO.

I'm most interested to see if Nevis is really the monster he's been hyped up to be, and if Harris is going to be the monster I want him to be.

I'm also looking forward to see what we've got in our LB corps.

I am hoping that Jerry Huges makes a big leap from last year's disaster.I have heard he has looked better but let's see him in some game action.

Delone Carter - If he (or just any RB for that matter) pans out, it gives the Colts a legit shot at the Super Bowl for the rest of Peyton's career.

Anthony Costanzo - If he pans out, Peyton's play will not drop off for the remainder of his career.

Drake Nevis - If he pans out, the Colts defense will finally elevate its play and give Freeney and Mathis some legitimate help with inside pressure.

Gijon Robinson ..I want to know WHAT it is these coaches keep thinking they're seeing in him that he continues to hold a roster spot.

I mean if he doesn't even practice good then it can only mean he has naughty pictures of someone

I will be watching McClendon mainly along the line, see if he shows that he is the future at guard for the Colts, AC of course. Nevis, I thought this guy was a great draft pick by the Colts, so now I'm waiting to see if he proves that thought correct or incorrect.

I will be watching Bullitt. His shoulder injury was very serious, so I will be watching to see if that affects his tackling at all... to see if he's a bit more hesitant to wrap up or lower his shoulder to make a hit, especially when supporting the run.

I will also be watching Conner and Angerer. Conner to see if his pass coverage is better and Angerer because he showed all the tools last year to be a probowl level LB, his biggest issue was just taking that fraction of a second to recognize the play, so I will be watching to see if that is gone in the preseason.

Other things I will be watching is the oline. How well they work together how are they passing people off, do they keep their heads up while engaged, if they play on their feet or on their toes. For tackles how their kick slide is and how they maintain position.

One thing I definitely won't be looking at is the stat sheet because the stats don't matter.

Gijon Robinson ..I want to know WHAT it is these coaches keep thinking they're seeing in him that he continues to hold a roster spot.

I mean if he doesn't even practice good then it can only mean he has naughty pictures of someone

Is Gijon really still with us?

I thought we let him go.

G. is not with the team anymore. But I never did see what the Colts saw in him.

I wonder if Jeffery Gorman is doing the games this year?

Any ways.....

I'll watch the Line play on both sides. Also would like to see people get off the I hate Curtis Painter bus. He is the backup quarterback that never gets to play. So I hope to see progression there.

I'll be watching Donald Brown, I'd really like him to develop into a big time player with us. Get him some proper blocking and I think he can do great