Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB X. Rhodes

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He hasn’t produced and the Viking brass signed him to a cap killing contract

As those posters have pointed out many of his successes came because of others

In sports if you don’t produce you get booed and/or fired

It is the nature of the game 

He has 56tds and 16ints in his 2 seasons there, and coming off a year where his rating was 107.

?

Sure looks like production to me.

Guess every team needs a scape goat.

Wouldn't want to put last years failures on Zimmers D, regressing.

• Like 3
  • Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery. Hope it works out.

I was reading a lot of your guys post on Rhodes. I was hoping I could shed some light on his play the last 2 seasons. The Vikes run a very complicated Double A scheme. In 2017 it was super effective w

He should have been a Colt all along...   I don't know how well he fits the defense, or why he fell off last year. I'll have to dig into what the Vikings were doing with him. 

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

He has 56tds and 16ints in his 2 seasons there, and coming off a year where his rating was 107.

?

Great numbers but no Lombardi Chances or NFC title games when Case Keenum took the same supporting cast the year before 

Stats are not the only thing in sports 

I trust @NFLfan @vikesfan and @VikingsFanInChennai about KC and Viking Boards

In today’s NFL you could have a perfect season but if you do not take you team To the promised land you are not successful 

I remember there were quite of a lot of the same rumblings about Peyton before 2006

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Great numbers but no Lombardi Chances or NFC title games when Case Keenum took the same supporting cast the year before 

Stats are not the only thing in sports 

I trust @NFLfan @vikesfan and @VikingsFanInChennai about KC and Viking Boards

In today’s NFL you could have a perfect season but if you do not take you team To the promised land you are not successful 

I remember there were quite of a lot of the same rumblings about Peyton before 2006

I don't feel sorry for them.

TBH, it sounds like their whining as much as Diggs and Theilen.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I don't feel sorry for them.

TBH, it sounds like their whining as much as Diggs and Theilen.

If they can’t be upset about their we cannot complain about the Coltsbye bye GIF

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, w87r said:

?

When had Keenum/Murray/McKinnon (with starting QBs and RB on IR), we controlled the clock on offense, extended drives to win Time of Possession battle in 2017. That helped the defense came out fresh everytime and had #1 ranking in free metrics. 

Since 2018, with Kirk/Cook/Murray or Mattison, our offense has played for lesser time on the field than defense. When defense stays on the field more and have to come on again after repeated 3-and-outs, of course there will be a regression in their performance. It's not scapegoating, that's how Zimmer wants him offense to keep the defense fresh, but that's not how it is working because Kirk doesn't understand the importance of extending drives, getting to field goal range often and upticking the scoreboard often to put pressure on opponents. 

I think you only look at QB rating, TD:INT and personal stats, but I think team work is much more than that. And QBs get paid enormous amount to shoulder that burden and perform. Keenum didn't have great personalities stats (though 23:7 TD: INT is good enough), but he understood the value of extending drives and scoring points against all opponents.

Only games Keenum played very badly was his first game against Steelers as a backup coming in for the team, and the last NFCCG game against Eagles. There was consistency for 15 games in between. 

If you have seen my list above, Kirk plays hot and cold, mostly cold when it matters against stronger opponents, at least 5 games in a year. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Cousins played substantially better than Keenum did in the playoffs.

Both beat Saints, Keenum beat them in regulation 29-24, Cousins lost the 20-10 lead, had to go to Over Time and win on a ticky tacky call on 3rd down, which if it had gone saints way, we'd have settled for a FG and Brees could have won the game in OT. 

Both Keenum's NFCCG game against Eagles and Cousins' game against SF are equally worse, that there's no better thing coming out of that. 

I'm not sure how Cousins played substantially better than Keenum in playoffs? I think it's recency bias because we don't remember the 17-0 lead in first half of Keenum game against Saints which is substantially better lead than any game Cousins has got in last two years!

43 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think the problem you remember only his good games and think that he's top QB. 

Watch his game against GB (twice), Chicago, SF, KC (without Mahomes), Seahawks.. 6 games in 2019.

Bills, Chicago (twice), NO, Seahawks, Patriots.. 5 games in 2018, that were very bad on his part. 

You don't pay a QB top 5 money to expect slightly above average record. Did you do so with Manning? 

Look at Tannehill contract for example. They also would pay him 29 million APY if he plays well and stays for 4 years. But, if he sucks, they could get out of his contract in two years. 

Cousins made sure to get 84 million fully guaranteed in three years with no-trade clause, that pays the same APY amount, but there's no way to get out of the deal and it also constricts the cap space all three years. Otherwise, you could move around the cap hit one year and try to retain some players. Now he gets extended, we either cut him next offseason or we get 31 million and 45 million cap hit in 2021 and 2022.. 

If we could all get in return worse record than what we had with Case Keenum, is it all worth it? 

It's not hate on Kirk, he will have earned close to 200 million and could compete with 20 years of Tom Brady's earnings very soon and he has done very well In his career for himself and family. Good for him. Now, as fans, should we or not expect good things in return? How about an NFCCG appearance that Keenum was able to bring? How about a SB appearance? 

he literally finished the season as a top QB what more do you want? you want a terrible QB take JB then come talk to me again

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think you only look at QB rating, TD:INT and personal stats, but I think team work is much more than that.

Probably forgot more football then you'll ever know.

Thanks though.

Keep bi#*!g about your qb who has a +40 TD/int rate. I'm sure that's the problem....

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

he literally finished the season as a top QB what more do you want? you want a terrible QB take JB then come talk to me again

We have had Christian Ponder, John David Booty, Joe Webb.. we have seen what the definition of terrible will exactly play out on a football field. :)

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Both beat Saints, Keenum beat them in regulation 29-24, Cousins lost the 20-10 lead, had to go to Over Time and win on a ticky tacky call on 3rd down, which if it had gone saints way, we'd have settled for a FG and Brees could have won the game in OT. 

Both Keenum's NFCCG game against Eagles and Cousins' game against SF are equally worse, that there's no better thing coming out of that. 

I'm not sure how Cousins played substantially better than Keenum in playoffs? I think it's recency bias because we don't remember the 17-0 lead in first half of Keenum game against Saints which is substantially better lead than any game Cousins has got in last two years!

Last I checked Keenum three 3 ints.? 

If you would of had Cousins the year Keenum sucked off the playoffs, you might of had a good chance at the title.

But you guys would rather roll with a career backup? To each their own.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

We have had Christian Ponder, John David Booty, Joe Webb.. we have seen what the definition of terrible will exactly play out on a football field. :)

then why on earth would you be complaining so hard over a top QB last season who has been pretty damn good statistically since becoming a starter on 2 bad franchises? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Probably forgot more football then you'll ever know.

Thanks though.

Keep bi#*!g about your qb who has a +40 TD/int rate. I'm sure that's the problem....

It improved from the previous year surely, which was 30:17 (TD: INT + FL), to 26:9. Yay, there's some optimism.

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

then why on earth would you be complaining so hard over a top QB last season who has been pretty damn good statistically since becoming a starter on 2 bad franchises? 

Mind blowing.

I think they are more complaining about having to pay a QB.

Their just not used to having good QB's, so they are not used to paying them I guess.

I'm not even a Cousins fan either. That's the most frustrating part for me.

I'm not invested at all. Just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Last I checked Keenum three 3 ints.? 

If you would of had Cousins the year Keenum sucked off the playoffs, you might of had a good chance at the title.

But you guys would rather roll with a career backup? To each their own.

I think it doesn't work like that. We can't say costume would have won a Super Bowl if he had played with Vikings in 2017. 

What has he done with the same team and improved OL in 2018 & 2019? If he didn't win SB in the rep years, no way he would have won in previous year.

Just now, w87r said:

Mind blowing.

I think they are more complaining about having to pay a QB.

Their just not used to having good QB's, so they are not used to paying them I guess.

I'm not even a Cousins fan either. That's the most frustrating part for me.

I'm not invested at all. Just doesn't make sense.

I mean when you are used to trash that costs peanuts at QB its probably pretty shocking when you have to pony up for one that is actually good 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Because we had better performance from Teddy or Keenum for a fraction of cost. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Because we had better performance from Teddy or Keenum for a fraction of cost. 

when was Teddy or Keenum ever a top QB and an MVP candidate? I mean I have always liked Teddy as well but the guy couldnt hold Kirk's jock

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@VikingsFanInChennai, @NFLfan, and @vikesfan

You are doing a great job 

Thank You for everything you guys have added to the discussion of X. Rhodes and KC

I apologize for all Colts Fans 

@Nadine

why are you so upset that people are having a discussion about cousins? we arent gonna make a separate topic to just talk about him when we are all here lol

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

when was Teddy or Keenum ever a top QB and an MVP candidate? I mean I have always liked Teddy as well but the guy couldnt hold Kirk's jock

MVP candidate is not what wins games, Keenum won 13 games out of 17. In one year. After coming in week 2 as unexpected starter for the season.

Cousins has won 19 games out of 33 games. In two years. 

Pro Bowl, MVP "candidature", popular fan votes and likes do not matter, how team performed and how many wins they achieved is the only thing that matters at the end of season.

9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

why are you so upset that people are having a discussion about cousins? we arent gonna make a separate topic to just talk about him when we are all here lol

Call it the teacher in me 

Would you want a fan of another team bad mouth your feelings on a Colts player

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

MVP candidate is not what wins games, Keenum won 13 games out of 18. In one year. 

Cousins has won 18 games out of 31 games. In two years. 

Pro Bowl, MVP "candidature", popular fan votes and likes do not matter, how team performed and how many wins they achieved is the only thing that matters at the end of season.

no but being an MVP candidate is what gets you paid as a player and that's what your biggest problem is with him. the guy has good stats so obviously the team knew they needed to pony up you dont get a player playing at MVP level for cheap unless by some miracle it's a rookie 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lame

W87r

I am "kinda"new here.  not really but anyway.

Tiger has a LOT of good insight as a coach.    He is one of the ones I read thoroughly when he posts.

May not always agree but IMO has a very good grasp on football as a whole.

Not saying you don't  Just saying hear him out 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

no but being an MVP candidate is what gets you paid as a player and that's what your biggest problem is with him. the guy has good stats so obviously the team knew they needed to pony up you dont get a player playing at MVP level for cheap unless by some miracle it's a rookie 

No he didn't play at Mahomes or Jackson level.

Saying MVP level for Cousins is a serious insult at these two young QBs, let's not repeat that. Cousins played in the same level as Tannehill. Tannehill had same TD: INT ratio and similar passing yards per game in 10 games he played, with more rushing TDs than Cousins. Tannehill was also a "MVP candidate" in theory, but really they both weren't. 

There were Only two exceptional QB performances from Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson. (Then there was Derrick Henry among other positions). 

Then there was quite a drop-off to other QBs. There were only 2 MVP candidates last year, and one became MVP candidate level in post season by winning the Super Bowl after MVP award was given to the regular season MVP. 

Let's not insult what Lamar Jackson did last year. That was league haunting stuff. That's called MVP. Or how Mahomes came back from injury and won SB.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

W87r

I am "kinda"new here.  not really but anyway.

Tiger has a LOT of good insight as a coach.    He is one of the ones I read thoroughly when he posts.

May not always agree but IMO has a very good grasp on football as a whole.

Tom Hanks Thank You GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

He lost me with his christmas lights saying Bye Bye. 

Dont know what there is to hear out about that?

• Thanks 1
Just now, w87r said:

ok.  understand.   Still one of the better posters on the board.   

I may need to read back through the interaction. So no issues brother

• Like 1

And BTW I have very much been enlightened by your input.   You too are a very good addition to this board

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

ok.  understand.   Still one of the better posters on the board.   

I may need to read back through the interaction. So no issues brother

You're good.

I agree with you. I usually check his post out as well.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Call it the teacher in me 

Would you want a fan of another team bad mouth your feelings on a Colts player

I think you have it backwards.

They are actually bad mouthing their own player, we are telling them it is ok?

Anyway.

I'm happy with the Rhodes signing.

Low risk/ potential high reward.

Saved almost $2m replacing Desir, I like it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think you have it backwards.

They are actually bad mouthing their own player, we are telling them it is ok?

They can do that

The same way we can bad mouth JB, CK, and others

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Anyway.

I'm happy with the Rhodes signing.

Low risk/ potential high reward.

Saved almost $2m replacing Desir, I like it.

I think it means more man in the secondary.  Thoughts?

I cannot believe there are Colts fan currently slobbing all over Kirk frickin Cousins right now. The guys been okay but 10 times a game makes you pull your hair out for taking a sack when he had plenty of time to get rid of ball or throws into double coverage. Jeez live sports needs to start up again..

• Like 1
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

They can do that

The same way we can bad mouth JB, CK, and others

Then I have the right to tell them their player doesn't suck.

Have to explain the rules to me better teach.

I can't tell a team their player is good, while their bashing said player, in the Colts forum?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

I cannot believe there are Colts fan currently slobbing all over Kirk frickin Cousins right now. The guys been okay but 10 times a game makes you pull your hair out for taking a sack when he had plenty of time to get rid of ball or throws into double coverage. Jeez live sports needs to start up again..

I watched Marble Olympics last week

• Like 1