Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opinion/tweet: Jacoby Brissett may have been replaced because he’s black

Restored

Who is Kent Sterling and why should we care what he says?   Never heard of him.

Was it racism that caused the Colts to trade for JB?

Was it racism that caused the Colts to publicly call Brissett a top-20 QB?

Was it racism that had Ballard say he wouldn’t trade Brissett unless he was overwhelmed by an offer?

Was it racism that made Ballard say  JB has ELITE leadership skills?

Was it racism that had Ballard make Brissett the starter after Luck retired?   We could have traded for someone.

Was it racism that drove Ballard to give Brissett a two year contract worth $30 mill when JB was already signed to a contract?   The Colts were under no obligation. 

Was it racism that now made Ballard keep JB as the highest paid backup in the NFL?   The Colts could’ve cut him and saved good money. 

Look....   a nobody has a blog.  But he doesn’t have the brains to back it up.  Very disappointing.    He’s clueless and he’s wrong. 

What a tool.  Ironic his last name is Sterling.

Another white journalist (if i can say that) acting like they understand the deeper issue. 
I have ALOT of trouble giving credibility to whites (especially ones named Sterling) who talk about the struggles of blacks.  Its almost like me describing menstrual cramps.

(for the record i’m a white male)

The Colts themselves are to blame for much of this.  They gave Brissett the contract.  They built him up in the media into something he is not and never was.  He's a backup.  He's a career backup.  They tried to speak Brissett into being and when his play didn't match their words, it led to much of the negative reaction toward him.  People suddenly viewed him as a failed franchise QB, something he never was, or conversely, as in this article, people look at him as a franchise QB, deserving of the job, only taken away by racism.  Outside of being built up artificially by Ballard and Frank, why would anyone look at Brissett as a franchise QB?  Based on what?  They should have just said, okay,  Andrew retired, Jacoby's gonna get a chance.  We'll see what happens.   Had they, when it didn't work, no one would have thought twice about Jacoby going back to the bench and the Colts would have saved millions.

Wow, I am really surprised by some of the comments here, I'm guessing that most did not bother to read/understand the article.  If you don't know who Kent Sterling is, it is not hard to find out. 

All he is saying is that he heard 4 black analysts say that they believed race was a factor in signing Rivers to replace Brissett.  Do I believe that no, and after reading the article neither does Sterling.  However, his point is that people see race differently based on their life experiences.  This is not only true for race, but also for many other things as well, i.e. politics, protests, or relationships.  This is one of the reasons that some will talk about their experiences as being true, well yes it is their truth but that is not necessarily another person's truth.

3 hours ago, #12. said:

The Colts themselves are to blame for much of this.  They gave Brissett the contract.  They built him up in the media into something he is not and never was.  He's a backup.  He's a career backup.  They tried to speak Brissett into being and when his play didn't match their words, it led to much of the negative reaction toward him.  People suddenly viewed him as a failed franchise QB, something he never was, or conversely, as in this article, people look at him as a franchise QB, deserving of the job, only taken away by racism.  Outside of being built up artificially by Ballard and Frank, why would anyone look at Brissett as a franchise QB?  Based on what?  They should have just said, okay,  Andrew retired, Jacoby's gonna get a chance.  We'll see what happens.   Had they, when it didn't work, no one would have thought twice about Jacoby going back to the bench and the Colts would have saved millions.

The Colts themselves are to blame?

Brissett was under contract. Exactly what was Ballard suppose to say? You expected for Ballard to tell the whole world Brissett was no good and they were gonna fly with that? 

Tell me something, are you serious? 

26 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Cody Jinks is a fantastic artist. 

We’ve been friends for many many years. My wife and I were going to his shows when there was less than 10 people in the crowd there to see him.

We saw him one night out in Richmond, Indiana around 2014 on a Sunday night at a little mom and pop restaurant. They were supposed to play until 10:30. By 9:00 my wife and I were the only ones in the place. So they went ahead and started playing and rehearsing new stuff in front of us. I heard stuff that night that I’ve never heard since.

About 9:30 the lady running the place came out and said she wanted to close and go home, and she’d give them 200 of the 300 dollars if they cut it short. Cody said “I’m sorry, we can’t do that. We need the full 300 to make it to the next gig.” 15 minutes later she came out and told them she’d give them the whole 300 to pack up and head out, and Cody asked us if it was ok to cut the show short. (Of course we said absolutely.)

That’s just how good of a dude he is, and when our daughter was born in 2016 we named her Codie after him. 

These people shouldn't be given a forum to peddle this nonsense.  Racism is real but you help people ignore it when you claim racism for things that clearly are not.

JB was given a more than fair opportunity to solidify himself as the starter.  He got nothing but support from the GM and HC and they handed him a huge contract to boot.

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived