Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the next pick series

CR91

Love it. A couple things for me on this first episode.

#1 we should feel very good about having and retaining Ed Dodds. He clearly is Ballard’s right hand man and is over scouting and the process. He made a comment about drafting a player of any position, that Ballard has made many times specifically on Drafting a qb, and that was “we won’t force the issue.” I have said on this forum on several occasions that Ballard and his group have their way of grading players, and a great deal of it is what is shown in this episode... it’s character and up close evaluation that a lot of experts don’t do... Dodds said there has been many times they were hot on a player based on film, until they talked with them and saw them up close and they weren’t a fit. That’s a HUGE thing to keep in mind every year during FA and the draft. They aren’t bringing just anyone that fits the scheme in, and they aren’t going to force what is needed or seems to make sense if it isn’t a fit for the team in the overall picture.

#2- This was a great job in showing Brian Decker and his role in the organization as the “gate keeper” of the culture. I can only imagine how many of these 21-22 year old kids, many from challenging upbringings, fold when they are pressed with the questions he asks. I’m sure they get a lot of information from his system of interviewing and “controlling the room.” He’s no nonsense and as Ed Dodds said in last seasons series, they work names off their board pretty quickly and bring it down to a very manageable, easy to pick, draft board. 

Excited for the rest of the series.

11 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I really liked banogu saying after he met with decker that he wanted to be a colt.  Very cool.  

I did too.. It impressed him and spoke volumes on what they were looking for. 

basically if you are wanted by this team, it should speak volumes to you on your character. 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:11 AM, Chloe6124 said:

That was very good. Decker just gets right to the point. 

Made me wonder how much input Decker had, with regards to Chad Kelly? Especially since their philosophy is; that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior 

Archived