Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

While it does not appear to be a legitimate source, this account has been in on a lot of the off-season moves. He's getting older but is an upgrade over what we have. Eagles would have a big dead cap hit this year ($16,196,000) but would free up a lot of money for 2021, where they are currently projected to have - $19,931,107.  

Bleacher Report listed the Colts as potential trade targets (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2877621-potential-trade-packages-landing-spots-for-alshon-jeffery) and suggested the proposed offer: 

Colts acquire Jeffery and 2020 third-round draft pick from the Eagles for 2020 fifth- and seventh-round draft picks. 

• Confused 1
10 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

While it does not appear to be a legitimate source, this account has been in on a lot of the off-season moves. He's getting older but is an upgrade over what we have. Eagles would have a big dead cap hit this year ($16,196,000) but would free up a lot of money for 2021, where they are currently projected to have - $19,931,107.  

Bleacher Report listed the Colts as potential trade targets (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2877621-potential-trade-packages-landing-spots-for-alshon-jeffery) and suggested the proposed offer: 

Colts acquire Jeffery and 2020 third-round draft pick from the Eagles for 2020 fifth- and seventh-round draft picks. 

I'd do that trade all day long ...

• Like 1

They are giving us a 3rd round pick with him, not us giving them a 3rd, 5th and 7th.

We would only be trading a 5th and 7th(which we dont have this year? So maybe a 2021 7th?

Have to takr that deal if its on the table.

Then we could turn around and fet a comp pick out of Jeffrey if we dont keep him the following year.

I actually would try to work Rasul Douglass(not sure that's his last name), the CB they have on the block.

Alshon

Rasul

3rd

For 

5th

6th

?

Take care of couple needs while adding day 2 pick.

19 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

The Eagles would give up a 3rd round pick and a starting receiver only to pick up later round picks? It's usually picks + player for earlier picks, not later.

35 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Eagles would give up a 3rd round pick and a starting receiver only to pick up later round picks? It's usually picks + player for earlier picks, not later.

I guess there thought process is that they are giving the Colts compensation to take on his cap hit. Even with that, I don't think they would give us their 3rd. 

While I think he could be an upgrade, it would probably be better to take someone at #34 or #44.  

9 minutes ago, Caleb3502 said:

it would probably be better to take someone at #34 or #44.

Most likely still would. Alshon has 2 yr on deal left, bit if we want to get rid of him we could.

I wouldn’t touch him he’s a locker room cancer. He’s been the source leaking information/complaints to the media about how he doesn’t like Wentz and that Wentz targets Ertz to much. Also been rumors about him and the OL getting into arguments in the locker room. 

19 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I'd do that trade all day long ...

That deal would be a steal for the Colts.  A veteran wide receiver plus a 3rd round pick for only a 5th and 7th?  That can't be true.

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well so is Rivers' career but that didn't stop the Colts from giving him $25 million for one year.  Besides Alshon is only 30. He should still have a few good years left. 

Rivers and Alshon aren’t even comparable bud! 

Bad example! 

1 hour ago, Superfly said:

Rivers and Alshon aren’t even comparable bud! 

Bad example! 

Yeah...Alshon is much younger and won’t cost nearly as much for one year.

I think Old Man Rivers is close to washed.  Sad to say.  Hopefully he has one more decent year in him. But if the Colts don’t get him more weapons then fans will get frustrated with him in a hurry...just like they did with Jacoby. 

Alshon on a short term deal wouldn’t be bad.  I’m sure Reich knows all about him and whether or not he’d be a good fit.  So if the Colts were to bring him on then you can best believe he was thoroughly vetted.  Old Man Rivers needs receivers that can help bail him out on all of his free for all type of passes.  Lol 

Looks like CB is trying to fill immediate holes by using predraft windows so he can go into the draft with the unfettered goal of BPA (within reason).

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Alshon on a short term deal wouldn’t be bad.

Alshon has 2 years at like $34m left on his deal.

His deal is a little difficult to decipher.

I think we would owe 2 years $25-$28m range.

Not too much guaranteed though.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I think we should use FA to concentrate on the Defence.  Plenty of solid Offensive weapons in the draft

Still need a vet WR though.

Only guy that makes much sense to me is:

Demarcus Robinson from KC.

1yr $3-$4m

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I think we should use FA to concentrate on the Defence.  Plenty of solid Offensive weapons in the draft

But rookie WRs usually take some time to develop and adjust to the NFL.  We need at least one WR who is proven ready to contribute now as the Colts seem to be shifting into win now mode for next season.  Don't get it twisted I want the Colts to draft young WR's too but we should also add another vet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

But rookie WRs usually take some time to develop and adjust to the NFL.  We need at least one WR who is proven ready to contribute now as the Colts seem to be shifting into win now mode for next season.  Don't get it twisted I want the Colts to draft young WR's too but we should also add another vet.

We already do--his name is T Y Hilton

1 minute ago, Kangaroo said:

We already do--his name is T Y Hilton

T.Y. needs help.  He is still the man but he is getting older and had trouble staying healthy last season.  When healthy he is a great weapon.  We need more though.