Indianapolis Colts

Pick 34  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What position will the Colts draft at 34?

• WR
    • TE
    • QB
    • OT
    • CB

This assumes the Colts don’t move up or down.

Let’s also assume that in all positions listed,

there’s a top 5 player available 

Honestly, it's anybody's guess. We have a lot of holes to fill still. We need to fill at least 2 of those needs before the draft because we cannot expect 3-4 rookies to come in and all start. 

We HAVE to get one more TE, WR, and CB in FA. I'll be interested to see what happens.

Watkins, Walker/Graham, and Logan Ryan would be great lol

• Like 1

I’m hoping Mims drops to our pick 34 and we take him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

With the 34th pick in the 2020 NFL Entry Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select.. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson.

• Like 1

First of all...there is no way to know what player(s) will be available when the Colts name is called. But.........all things equal? 

OT

Same as it was when the Colts had a #13 overall: quarterback. As of today, the team has no one under contract beyond 2020 season. 

• Confused 1

We have a QB for at least two yrs in Rivers and I don't think he'll play beyond that. So pick# 44 would be the logical choice to pick a QB  moving forward. Get a quality receiver at #34 should help our offense in our needy receiving corp.

As long as 6 WRs don't go in the 1st round...my guess would be WR. I think teams that missed out on WR early are going to be all over the WRs that slip to the top of the 2nd round. 

The highest graded player by enough margin that CB will feel compelled to draft him will be a WR.
 But if the draft trade value is there, he will trade back. We have depth issues and need rookie contracts to fill them.

I think it's either OT or WR, unless a QB like Jordan Love were there.

There will be a very good OT or WR at that 34th pick, whereas it would be a slight reach to draft a TE or CB in my opinion at that pick. 

There's only 2 guys I'm really looking at for 34 (realistic chance of being there). If neither of them are available, I'm open to a trade back (not far) for an extra pick.

QB - If Love somehow drops to 34, he's a take.

CB - If Henderson is available, he's a take. If not, there are plenty of tier 2 CBs that will be available between 44 and 75.

As far as the other top needs.... 

WR - I'm not looking at anyone under 6-3 in the first 4 rounds. X WR is by far our biggest need. Claypool, Pittman, or Edwards at 44 or 75. Mims to me is a big Z, and would be a project at X.

OT - Only if one of the right guys fall at 44. We've got some room to breath with AC locked up for 2 years, and can wait if needed. Still need to address OT and/or OG depth. A swiss army type G/T like Haeg would be nice in the mid rounds. 

TE - I'd love Kmet, but we've got bigger needs early. There are several detached TE types that will be available in the mid rounds.

• Like 3

I think Mims at 34 and Kmart at 44 would be a nice duo.  Then maybe QB at 75.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's only 2 guys I'm really looking at for 34 (realistic chance of being there). If neither of them are available, I'm open to a trade back (not far) for an extra pick.

QB - If Love somehow drops to 34, he's a take.

CB - If Henderson is available, he's a take. If not, there are plenty of tier 2 CBs that will be available between 44 and 75.

As far as the other top needs.... 

WR - I'm not looking at anyone under 6-3 in the first 4 rounds. X WR is by far our biggest need. Claypool, Pittman, or Edwards at 44 or 75. Mims to me is a big Z, and would be a project at X.

OT - Only if one of the right guys fall at 44. We've got some room to breath with AC locked up for 2 years, and can wait if needed. Still need to address OT and/or OG depth. A swiss army type G/T like Haeg would be nice in the mid rounds. 

TE - I'd love Kmet, but we've got bigger needs early. There are several detached TE types that will be available in the mid rounds.

I'd take Kmet at 44. TE is most definitely a need, and Kmet could be a stud for the Colts for many years. I agree with you about Love; he'd be a great pickup at 34. I doubt he falls there but you never know. And I think both Claypool and Pittman have a decent chance of being there at 75. Give me Love, Kmet and Pittman and I'd be a happy camper. 

However, given that I believe Love will be gone, I voted for WR at pick 34. The team badly needs an upgrade there, and given Funchess' signing in GB, the need just got higher. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I'd take Kmet at 44. TE is most definitely a need, and Kmet could be a stud for the Colts for many years. I agree with you about Love; he'd be a great pickup at 34. I doubt he falls there but you never know. And I think both Claypool and Pittman have a decent chance of being there at 75. Give me Love, Kmet and Pittman and I'd be a happy camper. 

However, given that I believe Love will be gone, I voted for WR at pick 34. The team badly needs an upgrade there, and given Funchess' signing in GB, the need just got higher. 

I think you have to address CB by end of the second. Latest 1st half of the 3rd. I'd absolutely love to have Kmet, but an X and CB are by far higher on my priority list. Claypool is almost like a TE and basically would be a TE (same routes) running out of the slot. He's kinda a two-for.. 

With Desir gone believe we will target a top CB to replace him and than a SS later in R2.  Best available TE in R3 and finally a WR in R4 like Quez.

QB or WR at 34 (guessing WR since the top QBs will be gone)

WR with the 2nd pick that round, if they take a QB prior....otherwise a CB or Kmet if he’s still there. 

I like to see a WR who drops. k. allen was a great route runner who dropped to 3rd rd for Chargers. This could help free TY for deep balls.

Need a burner at WR or best TE at 34  if the colts want to win the Division .....a must .

4 hours ago, Rivers4SB said:

I like to see a WR who drops. k. allen was a great route runner who dropped to 3rd rd for Chargers. This could help free TY for deep balls.

KJ Hamler is a WR I think can have one hell of an impact for the colts .Kid has huge heart ,Pull away speed ,gets open a lot of the Go ,I would actually pick the kid at 34 over many of the WR projected .TY ,Hamler ,Campbell that’s a fantastic trio .Rivers needs dynamic players and these 3 would be hard to stop .