Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Logo/Uniform Tweak

This probably isn’t the change, but the shoulder stripes need to go IMO. That’s so dated, like the Colts logo in general.

Actually if I’m not mistaken the Colts are the only team to not have a major logo change in the last 30 years. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New facemasks to be worn under the normal helmet:  

Why? Because it sucks on ice. The Colts have some of the best pro uni's going on par with the Yankees and kids who think these are a great idea want Blue on the side of the helmet or something. No tha

Leave them alone.   The all whites are the best uniform in all of sports

Posted Images

On 3/23/2020 at 6:31 PM, ThinBlueLineColts said:

That would be cool. Personally, I like the all white look on the road but it would be fun to mix in at home. Could even give it some flare..make it a matte blue helmet with the horseshoe having some shine to it! 

image.thumb.jpeg.048dd8fefb6c84a1d2fecdf2ebae1bb6.jpeg

yes... shoes on the sides

On 3/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, FalseStart said:

image.thumb.jpeg.03fece4a6f0cb9f2c2d8d383a6c9aaf3.jpeg
old school blue but with the shoes

on the sides would be cool...and the 50 yard line logo needs to change to a giant horse shoe... not that generic helmet... 

don’t like those helmets. Want the horseshoe at midfield for sure. 

Was there ever a time where there was a gray outline on the numbers (was thinking it might have existed back in the Bert Jones days but maybe Im crazy) ? Introducing our 3rd color besides belt and face mask wouldn't kill a brother lol

Okay why can’t we do something like this!! These jerseys are so dope! Which irsay would totally get new design and stuff! Like just go all out on them not just a tweak

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Okay why can’t we do something like this!! These jerseys are so dope! Which irsay would totally get new design and stuff! Like just go all out on them not just a tweak

Can we stop bringing up dope and Irsay in the same sentence?   Wait, sorry.  I see that it was two sentences now. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

Okay why can’t we do something like this!! 

Why? Because it sucks on ice. The Colts have some of the best pro uni's going on par with the Yankees and kids who think these are a great idea want Blue on the side of the helmet or something. No thanks to the tweeks or the updating. 

This is one area Jim Irsay is 1000% correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

indianapolis-colts-riddell.jpg

6_8508329.jpg

The top helmet would be cool to wear once or twice a year. But the bottom pic I don’t care for. Reminds me of Duke. If we’re gonna emulate our unis off any college team I would pick Texas just remove the team name on front of jersey.  All white helmet with horseshoe in same spot, shoulder stripe would be moved to the sleeves. All white pants with no stripes and place a horseshoe on hip where they have the Bevo logo. 

Saw another page people speculating the change is a slightly bigger/wider horseshoe on helmet. Apparently in the video Irsay posted recently from his desk the helmets had a slightly bigger horseshoe. Dunno if true but it would make sense if true. It would explain why no one from the Colts has hinted at a tweak. Cause the change is sooooo small only Colts fans would really notice. 

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Colts are very fortunate to have one of the few true "classic" uniforms in the league (top 10 uniform, easily) and I don't want to see any significant color/style changes to the helmet or uniform.

Only change I would like to see is removing the captain's patch from the armpit of the jersey.  Colts were the only team I saw with this awkward placement. 

s-l300.jpg

This placement (nearer the chest, as opposed to the armpit) looks much better:

usatsi_13364058.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I'm with majority of you on this topic. LOVE our jerseys - especially the white on white, but I also would love to see a few 'risks' taken with them. Several mocks out there but I could envision a large decal on the helmet and a matte white finish to the helmet with white face mask (not gray) - this would be the only matte white in the NFL). 

Do all blues for home game and add a black or gunmetal grey to the color rush jersey. Nike has been able to produce some exotic but GREAT uniforms over the last few years and I would like for them to take a risk or two especially with the color rush. 

April 1, 2015 there was the all white April fools - what if those were real with blue decals on helmet and the numbers outlined with blue? I could see that looking great on camera and in person and would be worn once or twice for a season.

All this said, the announcement has been clear it is simply a TWEAK - so NOT holding my breath for something 'exotic'. 

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/09/how-do-you-spell-train-wreck-try-a-t-l/

I now know what the Colts’ upcoming uni changes will be. I can’t tell you what they are, but I can assure you that they are teeny-tiny. Most fans won’t even notice (although seasoned uni-watchers will, of course).

I don’t know when they’ll officially announce these teeny-tiny changes, but I think we can safely assume that it’ll be before the start of the draft, which is slated to begin on April 23.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, tweezy32 said:

Hell no! go become a Falcon fan if you are that in love with their unis!

On 4/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, tweezy32 said:

the Falcons would welcome people switching their favorite teams to them with their "sweet/awesomesauce/rad/lit/fresh/cool af/dope jerseys"! the black on black has been to done to death from college football to arena football , let me explain why I feel this way.. the players change yearly, the rules change yearly, the stadiums change every generation, the uniforms are the only common link. almost every sports team that updates their uniform eventually goes back to their original look (Bucs & Bengals are exceptions)   Pistons with teal horse, navy and gold Rams, black alt. unis for Blue Jays, Mets, Royals, Reds,and NY Islander fisherman logo,Capitals with eagle logo, Buffaslug,Houston Rockets ship with teeth,Astros, Padres,etc.. these teams have zero identity due to shifting color schemes& logos, familiarity of laundry might seem boring but the alternative is ATL

On 4/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, CheezyColt said:

https://uni-watch.com/2020/04/09/how-do-you-spell-train-wreck-try-a-t-l/

I now know what the Colts’ upcoming uni changes will be. I can’t tell you what they are, but I can assure you that they are teeny-tiny. Most fans won’t even notice (although seasoned uni-watchers will, of course).

I don’t know when they’ll officially announce these teeny-tiny changes, but I think we can safely assume that it’ll be before the start of the draft, which is slated to begin on April 23.

Hey.... I found it!!

...you can barely tell the difference....

142155067_coltshelmet.thumb.jpg.bba5073d08e1ed7691d939ba571f0531.jpg

:peek:

Why do I feel like it's gonna be something stupid like the horseshoe is wider

• Like 1

This is one main difference between American football and European football (soccer), the strips for our main teams change year in and year out with the home kit being very similar in the main, but there us greater leeway with the change kit, there is also a 3rd kit and sometimes even a 4th option. For instance my son has 9 separate Arsenal tops in the space of 3 years. With most costing approx $75 it can be quite an expense. 

This chopping and changing does seem at odds with most nfl teams, is there a reason for the teams sticking to traditional colours in this way. 

15 hours ago, Kccolts said:

This is one main difference between American football and European football (soccer), the strips for our main teams change year in and year out with the home kit being very similar in the main, but there us greater leeway with the change kit, there is also a 3rd kit and sometimes even a 4th option. For instance my son has 9 separate Arsenal tops in the space of 3 years. With most costing approx $75 it can be quite an expense. 

This chopping and changing does seem at odds with most nfl teams, is there a reason for the teams sticking to traditional colours in this way. 

As an American who has lived in the UK since 2002, I can tell you that the way kits work in the UK would not fly in the US. People would voice and show their displeasure very quickly. I was shocked at how much football teams over here in the UK get away with it tbh. The entire population just sees it as normal though... which is just odd. 

15 hours ago, Kccolts said:

21 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

As an American who has lived in the UK since 2002, I can tell you that the way kits work in the UK would not fly in the US. People would voice and show their displeasure very quickly. I was shocked at how much football teams over here in the UK get away with it tbh. The entire population just sees it as normal though... which is just odd. 

So do you guys see it as just a money grab? Just curious. 

On 3/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, WifiGuy said:

Leave them alone.   The all whites are the best uniform in all of sports

Of course it's a biased opinion. But my bias agrees 100%

The way they sparkle under the lights at night games is magic

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, greenacres said:

logo is classic ,,, I know I will get blasted , but not a fan of all white (storm trooper) would rather have white with blue pants, looks sharp 

I love the blue pants with white jersey but I freely admit it may be a nostalgia thing (they were doing that the first season I really paid attention to football)

On 4/12/2020 at 4:53 PM, crazycolt1 said:

So do you guys see it as just a money grab? Just curious. 

Yes, it is a good way for teams to make money as people will always want to wear the newest kit to games. 

The only good thing is that you can get older kit for reduced prices a lot if the time. 

kit for half price later in the year.