Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Logo/Uniform Tweak

MarquisJ

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see the midfield logo not be a helmet. They could totally pull off just a big horseshoe. 

I agree when they say tweak they probably mean something that’s not going to be real noticeable unless your looking for it. (Kinda like how the St Louis Cardinals just tweaked the STL logo used on hats)

Theres a lot of things the Colts could do and still keep a pretty classic look. My pick would be add COLTS written in the same font as the end zone on the front chest in small lettering like a few other teams do. Maybe put the retro logo on front of the left leg. I wouldn’t touch the stripes on the jersey or pants or the font to the numbers. 

32 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

This thread comes up every year. And every time, I say that I want to see an blue helmet with a white horseshoe on the side. (reversed white to blue). 

That would be cool. Personally, I like the all white look on the road but it would be fun to mix in at home. Could even give it some flare..make it a matte blue helmet with the horseshoe having some shine to it! 

35 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

You can sure tell that it's offseason when some football fans turn into fashion designers. C'mon, guys. The Colts already have the classiest unis in the NFL, both home and away. Leave a good thing alone. 

I'm guessing Irsay knows what the fans think and will not mess with them

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

You can sure tell that it's offseason when some football fans turn into fashion designers. C'mon, guys. The Colts already have the classiest unis in the NFL, both home and away. Leave a good thing alone. 

Well this post is like the 4th or 5th place I’ve seen the Colts are possibly making changes to the logo and/or uniform. Will it be happen? Who knows. But we have no sports for the foreseeable future. So why not talk ideas. 

It is possible that this "tweak" is just (finally) a change from the "flywire" collar to the new template. The Colts and Ravens were the last two teams to have the flywire still (and the Ravens may have switched too).
I would be fine with blue facemask or blue pants, and ditching the flywire template would be an upgrade. I really hope the jersey itself is totally unchanged.

I’m fine with the blue mask....   but I’m not a fan of the blue helmet with the white horseshoe.   Doesn’t work for me at all.

Im not an admirer of company’s that are doing things right...   yet still decide to fix things that aren’t broken.   The fans are happy with the look.  There’s no real movement for any real change, yet someone decides we should change our look anyway.   

I think somebody inside the executive offices has made a mistake.   I’m sorry Irsay signed off on this. 

Practically every team in sports had black uniforms at one point.  It was ridiculous.  Even the Reds were wearing black uniforms.  What sense does that make?  Their name is a color.

Don't change anything.  The blue face mask reminds me of mostly crappy Colts teams.  

Archived