Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PJ Walker back in the NFL

Thunderbolt

Saw that.  I was thinking about the what-ifs when i saw how he balled out in the XFL.  I was having Kurt Warner moments.  Haha.  
  Watch him ball-out in Carolina.  His size was a factor i’m sure, but now teams are more receptive.  Plus, he’s shown some of the skills GMs are currently wild about.

I hope he does well.  The guy has certainly paid his dues.

21 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Saw that.  I was thinking about the what-ifs when i saw how he balled out in the XFL.  I was having Kurt Warner moments.  Haha.  
  Watch him ball-out in Carolina.  His size was a factor i’m sure, but now teams are more receptive.  Plus, he’s shown some of the skills GMs are currently wild about.

I hope he does well.  The guy has certainly paid his dues.

You're right about his play in the XFL.

That said, the level of competition compared to what he would face as an NFL starter is drastically lower.  It's more akin to the 4th quarter of an NFL preseason game.

6 hours ago, zibby43 said:

That said, the level of competition compared to what he would face as an NFL starter is drastically lower.  It's more akin to the 4th quarter of an NFL preseason game.

I'd say even less so then because that's when he played and he sucked then..

7 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I know.  Hence the “Kurt Warner” reference.

Stranger things have happened.

9 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Did we missed the boat on this?  We had him on the practice squad for a good two years but yet did not see the potential.  I think Carolina saw a gem on this young man and they grab it.....

Nah, we didn't miss the boat. 

He never had an oar in the water. 

55 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No, Walker is a good QB, but he's not NFL good.  Panthers will discover that.

...and they released Cam Newton thinking they have a good backup and traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins. 

One big injury to Teddy and they will realize the ball tapping Walker ain't cutting it. :) 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

...and they released Cam Newton thinking they have a good backup and traded Kyle Allen to the Redskins. 

One big injury to Teddy and they will realize the ball tapping Walker ain't cutting it. :) 

Yup, NFL DBs and LBers will tee off the ball tapping and know exactly when he is going to throw the ball.  You could even see it in the XFL, teams were starting to key in on that.  1 INT in the first 3 weeks and 3 in the last two weeks of the season.

Archived