Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Second To Last Mock Draft

This could possibly be my last mock draft for the year. but it depends if anything changes from now til the draft. Keep in mind, I am factoring us signing Clowney and/or Berry.

2 - Damon Arnette CB Ohio State

Arnette is an absolute dog in man coverage and one of the best tackling corners in the draft.

2 - Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

Rivers has always had big wrs in his career from Jackson to Floyd to Williams so we need to provide him a weapon he is accustom to using.

3 - Anthony Gordon QB Washington State

Gordon can be held in the wing while Rivers hopefully mentors him to take over in a few years.

4 - Calvin Throckmorton T/G Oregon

With us losing Haeg and Andrews, we need depth for our line and throckmorton has the versatility we need.

5 - Jacob Breeland TE Oregon

Big target at 6 5 250 with 4.7 speed and six scores in 2019.

6 - Tremayne Anchrum G/C Clemson

Anchrum has been solid for Clemson playing both G and T, however his length is better off playing either G or C

6 - Rodney Clemons S SMU

Give us some depth at S 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Do you really think we sign Clowney? 

it would make sense. We haven't re-signed Sheard which leaves a hole at DE and we are creating cap room

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

it would make sense. We haven't re-signed Sheard which leaves a hole at DE and we are creating cap room

Hope your right.

Don’t understand the love that claypool

gets on this forum. 

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Hope your right.

Don’t understand the love that claypool

gets on this forum. 

needs to work on his route running, but his size and speed and hands makes him very intriguing. Reminds me of Kelvin Benjamin before he got hurt.

Just now, LockeDown said:

Do Arnette and Claypool start?

Arnette I would assume so. Claypool would probably be used mostly in the red zone in his rookie year.

I like it.  CB has definitely elevated as a need with Desir leaving.  I’m beginning to think Ballard may roll with Rivers, JB, and Kelly.  But I do like Gordon as the most likely QB for Ballard and Reich if we do draft one...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• First of all, I'd say bad fit for us. He's a 3-4 DE. In our system he'd be a tweener, or maybe even a 3T.  Great against the run, average vs the pass. Very solid 3 down guy overall in a 3-4.   IMO, even if he was a fit, we don't need run D help, and he'd be too expensive. Overall just not the benefit and value we need.    
    • Here's what we did on another board a few years ago. Worked out pretty good. 1 Round per evening 2 windows each night... picks 1-16, and then 17-32 (I think it was 7p-8p and 9-10, but could have been 8-9 and 10-11). That way, guys new pretty much when they needed to be there, and only needed to pay attention for roughly an hour per day. Really not even that long. Also gave the mods some time between windows to tidy up. 3 minute clock hence the "flash" term. If you miss a pick, you drop 5 spots (basically giving them an extra 15 minutes). If they missed it a second time, they get bumped to the end of the round and have up to an hour before the next days round starts. If they miss that, they get best player based on their primary needs.  We had 3 threads going at once, and 3 moderators. One thread for the pick announcements and general comments, one with a constantly updated order and big board, and one to manage trades. The big board management was great in terms of keeping it going and checking off who is gone. We also published team needs, but I can't remember if we tracked it except for using it when folks missed their window. Only trades allowed are pick for pick(s) so very little approval needed. No picks for existing players (We did the mock post FA fury, I think we started about 2 weeks prior to the draft).
    • I didn't say he could be as good as Leonard. I said pretty clearly that if Leonard was 95/100 That I think Oke's ceiling is about 86-90.    By in which I also added that any team would be alright that that level of play. I think you are misunderstanding. Because we both seem to agree that Oke will more than likely be a pretty darn good player. 
    • Again, I don’t doubt one bit he can turn out to be a good player. He has the traits. I watched him often when he was at Stanford... his name was not foreign to me come draft time. I was excited about Ballard loading up at linebacker which is a position we have plugged guys off the street before.    I just simply called out the inconsistency of saying he could be a good as Leonard (again, highly, HIGHLY unlikely) and then turn around saying that he could be “pretty good.”    do you know who didn’t need time to be great? Darius Leonard. THAT is the difference. Give Leonard time and see where he goes. My guess is the Hall of Fame. 
    • When he turns out to be a pretty good ILB everyone will be raving about how they knew it all along, and he just needed a little more time. 
  • Members

• Mr.NotSoCreative

Mr.NotSoCreative 265

• jvan1973

jvan1973 5,331

• dew5150

dew5150 110

• That Guy

That Guy 230

• The Fish

The Fish 1,134

• tvturner