Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 Gavin Mock Draft, Rounds 1 - 7 (merge)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Miami Dolphins have filled a lot of voids. They drafted their QB of the future, a top OT to protect him, and a WR to make big plays. They also drafted a safety in Grant Delpit. Good job, @twfish

If twfish does not get his card in by 5:30pm ET, who should we award to the Dolphins? How about a RB?

Thoughts??

Team needs show OG and OC as bigger needs per drafttek.com

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Miami Dolphins have filled a lot of voids. They drafted their 1) QB of the future, 2) a top OT to protect him, and 3) a WR to make big plays. They also drafted a safety in Grant Delpit. Good job, @twfish

If twfish does not get his card in by 5:30pm ET for his next pick, what player should we award to the Dolphins? How about a RB?

Thoughts??

I am here i am here lol

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Miami doesn't have a good RB and they averaged something like 1.8 yards per carry. All of their RBs are not good, and they traded away Drake. 

They definitely need an RB.. they have 15 draft picks or so to get all the needs covered, but they need a starting RB to help the QB they draft.

I agree but if I'm the Dolphins, I still wait a round or two. That OL wasn't good at all and I'd take atleast three OL guys before a RB. I really like Dobbins though.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I agree but if I'm the Dolphins, I still wait a round or two. That OL wasn't good at all and I'd take atleast three OL guys before a RB. I really like Dobbins though.

Yes, it was so bad last year. They got Center Ted Karras from pats and Ereck Flowers this Free Agency. And if a top OT gets drafted in first round, they need two guards now. They could still probably get in free agency though.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

My God. I don't know how you guys messed up so bad to let the cards get this player. Kyler is do backflips right now. That being said

With the 72nd pick of the NFL draft, The Arizona Cardinals select Denzel Mims WR Baylor

@stitches is up

I believe Mims was taken with the 26th pick

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yes, it was so bad last year. They got Center Ted Karras from pats and Ereck Flowers this Free Agency. And if a top OT gets drafted in first round, they need two guards now. They could still probably get in free agency though.

Flowers will play inside. He career has taken a turn for the better since the Jags moved him to OG.  He was brutal as an OT.

Third Round

65.Cincinnati- Tyler Johnson-WR, Minnesota
66. Washington - K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State
67. Dallas f/ Detroit - Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyme
68. NY Jets f/NYG - John Hightower, WR, Boise State
69. Carolina - Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
70. Miami -- JK Robbins, RB, Ohio St.
71. LA Chargers -Davon Hamilton - DT The Ohio State
72. Arizona -- Thaddeus Moss, TE
73. Jacksonville -- @stitches
74. Cleveland
75. Indianapolis
76. Tampa Bay
77. Denver
78. Atlanta
79. NY Jets
80. Las Vegas
81. Las Vegas f/CHI
82. Dallas
83. Denver f/PIT
84. LA Rams
85. Dallas f/Detroit f/PHI
86. Buffalo
87. New England
88. New Orleans
89. Minnesota
90. Houston
91. Las Vegas f/SEA via HOU
92. Baltimore
93. Tennessee
94. Green Bay
95. Denver f/SF
96. Kansas City
97. Cleveland f/HOU*
98. New England*
99. Vikings f- NY Giants @NFLfan
100. New England*
101. Seattle*
102. Pittsburgh*
103. Philadelphia*
104. LA Rams*
105. Minnesota*
106. Baltimore*

38 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

There are so many guys I really like still left on the board. I think the 3rd Round might be the sweet spot this year in terms of trading back and acquiring as many 3rd round picks as possible. Well, atleast the way this mock is turning out lol.

I have 3 picks in the 3rd and an early one in the 4th. :excited:

Alright, I figure I've tortured you all waiting for me long enough. Here comes the pick.

There are still a good few QBs on the board, but for those who know me, you'll know that I am much more excited about the 2021 class and am happy rolling with Rivers for another season. I know this will upset a whole lot of you, but quarterback is off the table for now.

After that, there are still a ton of talented prospects available. However, one stands out for me. My highest remaining rated player still on the board (who I have rated as the 32nd overall prospect, no less) is a great selection here, at a position of great need.

Thus, with the 75th pick in the 2020 Gavin Mock Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select:

KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State

Though we have already selected Michael Pittman Jr earlier in the draft, I feel as though Hamler is exactly what we need. He is a perfect replacement for the aging and declining TY Hilton, with elite speed and insane YAC potential. We now have, in one single draft, solved our problem at WR, and now, I feel, we are prepped to contend for a championship this year under Rivers. 

What say you, Colts Nation? Yea or Nay to this pick!

I've unfortunately lost track, so whoever has the Buccaneers is next, if someone could tag them!

Archived