Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any XFL targets?

Deatrick Nichols, lead league in picks with 3, had 6 passes defended,3 tfl and a sack. Young corner started at USF for 3 seasons all 3 made 1st or 2nd team all conference. Played 2 games with Arizona as a rookie, track speed, very good fit as a slot corner behind Kenny Moore.

Derron Smith, Safety, was very good in AAF and spent time with Vikings in off-season. But we had lot of safety depth then, so didn't make the 53. He joined XFL and I think he had a few good games again. Might not be immediate starter, but could play in rotation early on and there's some potential for teams looking for upside.

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Derron Smith, Safety, was very good in AAF and spent time with Vikings in off-season. But we had lot of safety depth then, so didn't make the 53. He joined XFL and I think he had a few good games again. Might not be immediate starter, but could play in rotation early on and there's some potential for teams looking for upside.

I remember really liking him in the draft in 2013 I think it was. Always wondered what happened with him.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I remember really liking him in the draft in 2013 I think it was. Always wondered what happened with him.

It sounds like he got drafted by Bengals in '15 Draft, and that was his longest stay in NFL. 

As we have lost all safety depth including last year drafted guy in waivers, and Anthony Harris might get traded, he might get a look in again after XFL players are allowed back in.

Archived