Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Jdubu

Is Ballard just Meh?

This fan base is awesome, and Chris Ballard is raved about around the league. 

We also a very good crew around Ballard as well. 

Sometimes I get flustered as well with things that we do or don't do. 

But you have to remember, Ballard and these guys knows a lot more about building a dominant football team than we do. Nobody in the world would have imagined Andrew Luck retiring last year. Had he not, we very well could of went to the SB. 

Ballard said when he first got here that it would take 3 or 4 years to build the team that they envision. We're only a WR, CB, and some good depth away from having one of the most complete rosters in the NFL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not ready to label him meh yet. The roster is in a better overall space than it was with Grigson, that is not in doubt. He has had some head scratchers for sure though. Drafts are a mixed bag with 2018 being awesome in the early rounds. While Luck retiring was not his fault, we really don't know if he could have managed the whole Luck 2017-2019 situation better perhaps. The JB solution in 2017 was fine given the short term nature, but the 2019 management of the QB position and early extension of JB is pretty muddy and could be argued either way.

I almost did a re-grade thread for Ballard's drafts last week with some pros and cons about different FA and other decisions. Still may do that after I cook up a storm tomorrow. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

No offense, but I feel more like the fan base is just....meh. 

Ballard freaking rules. If I ever get to meet Jim Irsay, I'm high fiving him on this hire. 

Ballard/JB 2020 ticket for you, right lol... 

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

This fan base is awesome, and Chris Ballard is raved about around the league. 

We also a very good crew around Ballard as well. 

Sometimes I get flustered as well with things that we do or don't do. 

But you have to remember, Ballard and these guys knows a lot more about building a dominant football team than we do. Nobody in the world would have imagined Andrew Luck retiring last year. Had he not, we very well could of went to the SB. 

Ballard said when he first got here that it would take 3 or 4 years to build the team that they envision. We're only a WR, CB, and some good depth away from having one of the most complete rosters in the NFL.

I agree things aren't as bad as they seem some time, and "meh" is likely an overreaction. It's OK to have conversation though and weigh pros and cons. There have definitely been both. CB has had both home runs and strike outs.

As far as the league raving about anyone, I'm old enough to know today's hero can quickly become tomorrow's zero. And you don't even have to be old lol... Just last year... JB was raved about early even though his stats were pretty mediocre. He went from likable media darling to demoted in half a season.

And let's not forget two things about Ballard. 1) This is Ballard's first stint as GM. 2) the roster he inherited was pretty awful, so improving early on was much easier to do (now that talent and depth have improved, it's not near as easy to improve).

Time will tell. 2020 is a big year for both Ballard and Reich. I like both their chances.

• Like 5

I think he ranks closer to wowza than meh.   Maybe even woohoo status.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Are you serious? Ballard has way improved our OL, this thread seems like a joke. People get mad when he doesn't spend during Free Agency, now people are mad because he spent money on a QB and DT which filled our biggest holes.

Now on the Drafts, no front office hits on every pick its impossible, they'll have some good drafts and bad drafts the key is to have more good then bad.

I think he meant similarly to how Grigs couldn't fix the O-line, Ballard couldn't fix the QB situation.. I was also very confused when I read that lol.

Anyway, I have said a few times that I think Ballard did a poor job of handling the QB situation last season by giving JB the contract that he did and bringing in Hoyer who is just garbage. Brissett would've surely played the season with or without the new contract I'd have thought - then we wouldn't have this issue of trying to trade him off last minute to create more cap space. Having said that I still have faith in Ballard - his drafting has for the most part been very good and I love that we signed Houston last season and now have Buckner. Jury is out on Rivers, I'd rather we went a different route but I do think Rivers could shock us and have a decent season.. Just very curious to see what Ballard does in regards to bringing in a more permanent solution for the position.

I think last season really lit a fire under Ballard's * though and has changed his mindset, as we can see he is more ruthless now and willing to make those big splashes to get our team where it needs to be. So, I am excited to see this new version of Ballard.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not ready to label him meh yet. The roster is in a better overall space than it was with Grigson, that is not in doubt. He has had some head scratchers for sure though. Drafts are a mixed bag with 2018 being awesome in the early rounds. While Luck retiring was not his fault, we really don't know if he could have managed the whole Luck 2017-2019 situation better perhaps. The JB solution in 2017 was fine given the short term nature, but the 2019 management of the QB position and early extension of JB is pretty muddy and could be argued either way.

I almost did a re-grade thread for Ballard's drafts last week with some pros and cons about different FA and other decisions. Still may do that after I cook up a storm tomorrow. 

I’d have to disagree about 2019. Ballard handled it fairly reasonably I think. Luck’s retirement was obviously an unforeseen circumstance. The JB extension allowed the team to show commitment in a player that they really thought highly of during an uncertain time while also being structured in a way that gave them leverage should JB have performed well.

It’s played out quite nicely either way since the Colts now have a solid backup for this coming year or can trade/release him with no long-term ramifications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

No offense, but I feel more like the fan base is just....meh. 

Ballard freaking rules. If I ever get to meet Jim Irsay, I'm high fiving him on this hire. 

I completely agree our fan base seems awful because of a select few.. they boo players that retire and they complain about every player we sign or don’t sign. They complain about every draft pick, And every trade. it just seems like as of lately it’s just a toxic bunch.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Restored said:

I’d have to disagree about 2019. Ballard handled it fairly reasonably I think. Luck’s retirement was obviously an unforeseen circumstance. The JB extension allowed the team to show commitment in a player that they really thought highly of during an uncertain time while also being structured in a way that gave them leverage should JB have performed well.

It’s played out quite nicely either way since the Colts now have a solid backup for this coming year or can trade/release him with no long-term ramifications.

I can understand your line of thought, but it's all entirely arguable/debatable. One could easily say that Ballard should have his finger on Luck's pulse over the 3 years, and managed the entire span better. One could also say given his scouting days, he should have evaluated JB more honestly (the combine/draft scouts nailed JB). And saying it worked out nicely is a horrible take lol.... Paying this much for a back up is not nice. Having a good back up is nice. Paying 15M is not nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ballard/JB 2020 ticket for you, right lol... 

I agree things aren't as bad as they seem some time, and "meh" is likely an overreaction. It's OK to have conversation though and weigh pros and cons. There have definitely been both. CB has had both home runs and strike outs.

As far as the league raving about anyone, I'm old enough to know today's hero can quickly become tomorrow's zero. And you don't even have to be old lol... Just last year... JB was raved about early even though his stats were pretty mediocre. He went from likable media darling to demoted in half a season.

And let's not forget two things about Ballard. 1) This is Ballard's first stint as GM. 2) the roster he inherited was pretty awful, so improving early on was much easier to do (now that talent and depth have improved, it's not near as easy to improve).

Time will tell. 2020 is a big year for both Ballard and Reich. I like both their chances.

Hmmmmm.....inherited bad roster?  Franchise qb....elite wr and LT.  1st time gms would kill for that to build a team around.  He did some good things; no argument there.  However, he has had some misses like all gms.  I do think his handling of the qb position all the way back to Tolzien has been some what perplexing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The handling of the QB situation is questionable imo as well. I understand giving JB the new contract but when he didn't perform they should have given Chad Kelly the opportunity to play before the season ended. Now signing River for ONE year?!?! Do I think we're competitors now? Yes, but what happens after the fact? We'll be worse off than before. No QB and chances are we're good enough that we pick 20+ in the draft. There's no way we get our franchise guy in that draft range and we won't have enough capitol to trade up. 

The only possible plans that I think Ballard could have 1) They do believe Chad Kelly can be the guy but they want him to learn behind a vet that has played at a high level. 2) They have talked to Andrew and he does want to come back but he wants to hold off one more season to spend time with his newborn and be 100% sure about his body[yes, I know this is doubtful]. 3) He doesn't exactly have one. He put a bandaid on the problem to save face.

Now let me say, I like what Ballard has done w the team. I think he's a good GM, but, the QB situation is mind boggling. I hope he has a plan and I hope it pans out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm.....inherited bad roster?  Franchise qb....elite wr and LT.  1st time gms would kill for that to build a team around.  He did some good things; no argument there.  However, he has had some misses like all gms.  I do think his handling of the qb position all the way back to Tolzien has been some what perplexing.

Yes, it was a bad roster. All teams have good pieces. What he inherited was horrible in terms of depth, and the D was awful. It (D) was ranked 3rd worst in 2016, and 7th worst in 2015. Our running game was bottom ten in 15 and 16 too. The OL had all kinds of holes pre-Ballard. There's no way objectively you can say the roster wasn't bad lol... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

He inherited a bad roster that had the franchise qb so beat to hell, he retired 10 years early. I don’t care if he rushed the qb spot or not, he was dealt a % hand and set back with Andrew on that. He’s built a roster that is set up for success long term, regardless who is under center, and he’s made moves to put this team in a contention mode for the next couple years while they figure the qb spot out. 

I think Chris has done an unbelievable job of finding talent at different levels, being approachable with the media. He handled the Pagano situation with class. He handled the McDaniels fiasco with class. He’s brought in high character players, and put high emphasis on that with Brian Decker leading the cause on that aspect. He put together a top notch front office with Ed Dodds, and previously Rex Hogan who left for the Jets. 

All in all, if you only point out the misses, as you did, and not the positive highlights that encompass the overall body of work, you miss big time... and your post missed big time. 

There are a lot of great hits, and a lot of misses. I'd remind you that "meh", doesn't mean bad, or horrible. So mix in all the good you posted, with the bad that others have posted. To me, he's in that C+ to B range taking everything into account, and that's above average and better than most GMs out there. It's only a few more misses and losing seasons away from "meh" though, or even potentially worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I think too many in here don't have a memory of what having a truly bad team is. 

Complaining has become an epidemic for some. 

It always the same few that no matter what the FO does it's never good enough. 

Sometimes I think some negative posters just do it for the attention it brings them. 

• Like 5

Ballard has definitely made his share of mistakes so far. However, he's done a lot of good as well. The concerning thing is Ballard may turn out to be a one-dimensional GM (a guy who's a skilled drafter), that will never get close to a championship because he's too nice a guy, and he only wants high character players on the team.

Both Brissett and Kelly have been handled poorly (for different reasons). Adam was allowed to ruin last year for us. We need to stop this loyalty to bad or declining players. Who cares if you trade Brissett to a situation that's good for him. He didn't earn that right, and he's an overpaid backup at this point. Trade him for whatever you can, no one will judge you. 

Although I love Buckner, we won't have a 1st round pick for two straight years now. For someone like Ballard, whose strength is the draft, that hurts the overall development of young players for the future. We can't survive on 2nd round picks. We also never know where we're picking in the future or how next year's QB class will be. We certainly aren't getting Trevor Lawrence.

He's acquired a solid number of players the last 3 years. What happens when we have to pay them? We seem like a short-term, win now team. We have band-aids at the QB position. Ballard is getting away from what made him great, the draft. Not sure if I like it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think too many in here don't have a memory of what having a truly bad team is. 

Complaining has become an epidemic for some. 

It always the same few that no matter what the FO does it's never good enough. 

Sometimes I think some negative posters just do it for the attention it brings them. 

So what are you saying? Do you want the team to do bad so it humbles the people who complain so they can truly feel what a bad team is? Your comment was unnecessary and adds nothing to the conversation except bait to start a fight. Ballard is not above having a discussion over his pros and cons. He hasn't won or even made a SB yet. We have a 3 year sample size. If anything, this is a proper time to start discussing how good or bad he's been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So what are you saying? Do you want the team to do bad so it humbles the people who complain so they can truly feel what a bad team is? Your comment was unnecessary and adds nothing to the conversation except bait to start a fight. Ballard is not above having a discussion over his pros and cons. He hasn't won or even made a SB yet. We have a 3 year sample size. If anything, this is a proper time to start discussing how good or bad he's been.

Instead of hearing what I did say you take it personal. Why? 

I think some here have wildly unrealistic exceptions of what Ballard should do/has done and will always point to his mistakes as proof he’s not cutting it.

I also think some here will turn a blind eye to anything bad Ballard does do/has done because they like him and will attack anyone who dares to suggest he doesn’t walk on water.  

IMO Ballard has done a good job with the cards he’s been dealt but he has made some mistakes.  I don’t get as hung up on them because all GM’s have them and I don’t think he’s made one to set the franchise back for a long period of time.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Instead of hearing what I did say you take it personal. Why? 

Your first sentence made this out to be like it's a "pay your dues" thing. You weren't a fan when we were bad, so you don't have a right to complain mentality. Most Colts fans were fans from 98' onward. They are used to winning with Manning, or having a QB in Luck whose short career was great. I'm in that boat. I expect a winning organization. Are we spoiled? Probably. That's what we grew up with though, and there's going to be complaining until we fix the QB position and start contending again. All we have are band-aids. 

As far as Ballard goes, he is an above-average GM, but not above scrutiny. He has a lot to accomplish still.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think some here have wildly unrealistic exceptions of what Ballard should do/has done and will always point to his mistakes as proof he’s not cutting it.

I also think some here will turn a blind eye to anything bad Ballard does do/has done because they like him and will attack anyone who dares to suggest he doesn’t walk on water.  

IMO Ballard has done a good job with the cards he’s been dealt but he has made some mistakes.  I don’t get as hung up on them because all GM’s have them and I don’t think he’s made one to set the franchise back for a long period of time.  

I agree.

Part of the problem is a few forget there are  31 other GMs in the league trying to do their jobs.

Just because Ballard didn't do what they think he should do does not mean he is not attempting to do the best job he can. Fans have a different thought process than a GM. 

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No he hasn’t but if that’s your standard for judging GMs heaven help you.  Most GMs go their whole career without even making a Super Bowl.  

Also we haven’t had a true sample size on Ballard.  He’s not had the guy the team was built around two of the three years he’s been GM.  That’s not something that can just be dismissed if you are trying to objectively judge him.  

The one year he had him his team won a playoff game on the road and looked to be headed in the right direction with a first year coach and a defense that was in transition from a 3/4 to a 4/3.  That’s not bad.  

Is he perfect?  No he’s made mistakes.  All GMs do but he’s had far fewer mistakes than he has hits.  That means he’s doing a pretty good job all things considered.  Perfect?  No.  Sure thing hall of famer?  No.  Doing a good job and better than his predecessor?  Yes.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

So the QB spot is still a mess and CB appears to have either poorly judged JB or panicked into a high signing price. Now he signed to Hoyer to a ridiculous signing last year to mentor and help JB in the film room now neither of them are the answer. Did he panic and bring Rivers here too under a 1 yr deal with what follow up plan? No option for if Rivers does well, we keep him. Was Rivers that highly sought after that we couldn’t do a deal that gave either team control of next year or lower money this season? I’m seriously questioning his talent for this QB search at this point. Add into this how confused many are at how Kelly was handled last season. On the 53 but never active, kept when we needed a spot and we had 3 QB’s with Hoyer being the bad option of back up. Now what do we have in him and if nothing, why in the heck was he kept at the end of the season games when we could have cut him and kept Cain or brought in someone else, CB or WR? 

im tired and don’t have energy tonight to look but CB has signed guys to decent contracts and they failed or cut right early or drafted and cut. Desir, he was talked up, given some money and cut this year. We have Basham, Banner (gone), Wilson, looks to be gone. Hooker, looks like an a great player except first year. Hairston gone. Cain was talked about like a 5 star guy and he is gone. The whole kicker ordeal last season. What’s Tyquan Lewis? 

his free agent picks?
Hankins

Simon

Webb

slauson

I know I’m missing some and didn’t include our failed ones. 

he has had some nice draft picks for sure. Much like Grigs, he couldn’t fix the oline. Polian couldn’t fix the defense near his end. Now CB hasn’t been able to solve the QB situation and he seems like he panics with availability and he has overpaid and n other areas with contract concerns. If you overpay, better get some future control. 

Idk, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he has had bad luck with 2019 being an absolute disaster in every way possible, he didn’t make good choices imho. If JB is his guy but couldn’t play well because of the knee, IR him, use your high paid back up. If he can’t play because he is bad, try your project guy or bring in another guy. He didn’t manage that well. 

The WR spot just got nothing from it. Ty hurt, DF hurt D. Fountain hurt, Cain cut, Ebron quit, kept a WR that was special teams at best that eventually got hurt. Just misfortune. 

at any point, just a lot of very concerning choices and odd decisions made by CB. If I were Irsay, I’d be like dude, you’ve spent my money like a 50/50 pot was on the line. You’ve guessed wrong a lot. I need to see you do better here this year. I’ve cut you a lot of checks. 

I gotta give you this....   you’re certainly nit afraid of embarrassing yourself.

Your carina virus post if a week ago looks more horrible each day.  Oh, by the way, the worst is about to hut America in the next two months.  

And now this nonsense.  A re-hash of issues that have long ago been argued and debated repeatedly....  and now this?   I won’t waste a minute if your time explaining the how and why if you being wrong.   You’d never admit it.    

I’ve been writing this all day to posters...   you're entitled to your opinion.   That doesn’t mean all opinions are equal or even good.  I think all you’ve done is expose yourself  as someone who likes football, but doesn’t know or understand it very much.  Ok...   it’s your opinion.  Enjoy it.  

You want to be standing in the neighborhood of Ballard is not very good?   Wow,  good luck with that.   Enjoy the view.... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Your first sentence made this out to be like it's a "pay your dues" thing. You weren't a fan when we were bad, so you don't have a right to complain mentality. Most Colts fans were fans from 98' onward. They are used to winning with Manning, or having a QB in Luck whose short career was great. I'm in that boat. I expect a winning organization. Are we spoiled? Probably. That's what we grew up with though, and there's going to be complaining until we fix the QB position and start contending again. All we have are band-aids. 

As far as Ballard goes, he is an above-average GM, but not above scrutiny. He has a lot to accomplish still.

I was a Colts fan in 1991 with Jeff George and watched every game for a 1-15 team.  Do I have that right?

The Colts teams of the 80’s outside of 87 and the early 90’s were bad.  This Colts team is not that and not even close to that.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard has definitely made his share of mistakes so far. However, he's done a lot of good as well. The concerning thing is Ballard may turn out to be a one-dimensional GM (a guy who's a skilled drafter), that will never get close to a championship because he's too nice a guy, and he only wants high character players on the team.

Both Brissett and Kelly have been handled poorly (for different reasons). Adam was allowed to ruin last year for us. We need to stop this loyalty to bad or declining players. Who cares if you trade Brissett to a situation that's good for him. He didn't earn that right, and he's an overpaid backup at this point. Trade him for whatever you can, no one will judge you. 

Although I love Buckner, we won't have a 1st round pick for two straight years now. For someone like Ballard, whose strength is the draft, that hurts the overall development of young players for the future. We can't survive on 2nd round picks. We also never know where we're picking in the future or how next year's QB class will be. We certainly aren't getting Trevor Lawrence.

He's acquired a solid number of players the last 3 years. What happens when we have to pay them? We seem like a short-term, win now team. We have band-aids at the QB position. Ballard is getting away from what made him great, the draft. Not sure if I like it.

Oh boy....     You’re up late.   That’s never a good thing.   And here we go.......

:peek:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No where did I say that Ballard is above scrutiny. 

If you are going to be negative toward Ballard for not being able to find QBs as talented as Manning or Luck then I am afraid you in for a huge disappointment. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

No where did I say that Ballard is above scrutiny. 

If you are going to be negative toward Ballard for not being able to find QBs as talented as Manning or Luck then I am afraid you in for a huge disappointment. 

I said Ballard was above-average in the post you quoted. Do you really consider that negative?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I said Ballard was above-average in the post you quoted. Do you really consider that negative?

Look Jared, I am not turning this into an argumentative issue with you. 

I made a comment I felt was true and just my opinion. 

No more, no less.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Are you serious? Ballard has way improved our OL, this thread seems like a joke. People get mad when he doesn't spend during Free Agency, now people are mad because he spent money on a QB and DT which filled our biggest holes.

Now on the Drafts, no front office hits on every pick its impossible, they'll have some good drafts and bad drafts the key is to have more good then bad.

Thanks for writing what you did. 

My jaw fell to the floor when I read that.   Astonishing.   Three of the five OL starters are Ballard guys.   Nelson, Smith and Glow. 

The Colts are now viewed as having a top-5 offensive line.   Dear God,  that isn’t fixed?  

These are strange times we are living in.... 

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was a Colts fan in 1991 with Jeff George and watched every game for a 1-15 team.  Do I have that right?

The Colts teams of the 80’s outside of 87 and the early 90’s were bad.  This Colts team is not that and not even close to that.  

I think being an older fan of the Colts and the NFL has taught a lot of us that this is the NFL. lol

What I mean by that is anything can and will happen in time. We have seen it all over time and nothing surprises us.  :dunno:

• Like 1

Ballard hasn’t been perfect but he’s been amazing.  He inherited a team that essentially was missing entire draft classes.  Turned it into an AFC powerhouse.  Revamped the OL and Protected his coveted quarterback in 2 years despite the previous regime not being able to do it at all!  Lost his QB the week before the beginning of the next season.  Went 7-9 and probably would’ve made the playoffs again despite some

injuries and poor QB down the stretch...not to mention, his draft classes are still contributing and our cap situation has been nothing lovely since he’s gotten with us.  Not to mention, he got flaked by a coach and made a signing right away to prevent us from going into coaching he’ll.

please.  What other teams have made the savvy moves and good drafting we have?  That list is very short.  If the teams that haven’t is longer than the teams that are, then we need to keep Ballard.

• Like 1

The other thread about Reich was asking to rank him on a scale of 1-10. I gave Reich a 7. Which to me is a good fair grade. Not ready to give him an 8-10 yet. I give Ballard an 8. He has made some mistakes but all GM's do. Ballard hired a good coach in Reich and has our O.Line in the top 5 with the Nelson pick. He got thrown a curve ball when Luck retired, not his fault. Drafting Leonard was a huge steal as well. We are in good hands with Ballard.

• Like 1

So many people don't understand what it takes to build a competitive roster. We have been spoiled for decades now with Peyton and Andrew as our quarterbacks which makes up for SO many holes on a roster. This is something that the Patriots nation will experience soon as well. 

Finding a quarterback is insanely difficult and yes Ballard might miss out here and there but his work with this organisation has been a unreal and he is further ahead where he should realistically be at this point. 

Come on now, first time in a while you can be really excited for this young defense we have. 

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Learn comprehension skills before criticizing my post or move on. It’s contrasting how Grigson had in fixing the line and how CB is now having difficulties finding the right QB. And if I can’t criticize CB for making poor choices so far on his QB selection process, what good is a forum where fans get to state their views? Don’t be so sensitive on CB criticism. 

Ballard is our first GM in 25 plus years to build the team from 

inside out, and is getting close to fielding a smash mouth team

he invisions. 

The team is getting stronger every year under his tutelage, other

than the QB fiasco he had to endure last season. Make no mistake,

the team is heading in the right direction.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I gotta give you this....   you’re certainly nit afraid of embarrassing yourself.

Your carina virus post if a week ago looks more horrible each day.  Oh, by the way, the worst is about to hut America in the next two months.  

And now this nonsense.  A re-hash of issues that have long ago been argued and debated repeatedly....  and now this?   I won’t waste a minute if your time explaining the how and why if you being wrong.   You’d never admit it.    

I’ve been writing this all day to posters...   you're entitled to your opinion.   That doesn’t mean all opinions are equal or even good.  I think all you’ve done is expose yourself  as someone who likes football, but doesn’t know or understand it very much.  Ok...   it’s your opinion.  Enjoy it.  

You want to be standing in the neighborhood of Ballard is not very good?   Wow,  good luck with that.   Enjoy the view.... 

I’ll stand firm on the virus take still. I won’t rehash that. 

you still seem to have the comprehension of a 2nd grader at best as well. So please take your little high horse, elitist self absorbed fandom and remove my stupidity from your notifications list. Spare yourself the drivel I spew out. 

He's had to face circumstances that most other GMs will never face in their whole career and has handled those impeccably but he's not perfect. His choice of the NE OC was mind boggling. This is a big season for him.