Indianapolis Colts
ColtJax

Are we looking at ANYONE else?

Seems like other teams are crusing the bargain bin while we sit on the sideline. We need a wr, cb and OG at least. Would be nice to get a couple of them filled before the draft.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Seems like other teams are crusing the bargain bin while we sit on the sideline. We need a wr, cb and OG at least. Would be nice to get a couple of them filled before the draft.

Sit on the sidelines?

We just cut Desir and Hoyer today.   We didn’t do that for nothing.  We’re trying to buy more talent.   We’re not sitting on the sidelines at all....

• Like 2

Cutting players isn't signing players. You "assume" we cut those guys to sign other, but we thought that last year to, and we ended up with an average WR..

• Haha 2

I don’t want another bargain WR. I want to resign funchess and draft. We have enough depth guys. We need difference makers.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t want another bargain WR. I want to resign funchess and draft. We have enough depth guys. We need difference makers.

Agreed. I think Funchess and Rivers would go well together, and Funchess can be had at a reasonable price. He already knows the system. And I'm okay with our young guys. I don't see WR as a great need right now. I'd like to give the guys on the roster a chance with some better QBing.

Do need CB and OL depth, though.

Edit: Also, Keenan Allen is a FA after this season. Interesting...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Id like to pick Clowney or maybe good veteran cornerback. Either or and then draft the missing piece. I believe we give Funchess another shot. I like our reciever, we do need someone with size for a redzone target. Wouldnt mind drafting Claypool if we dont sign Devin.

• Like 1

Obviously Ballard isn't afraid to pull the trigger in a trade, we can hit that as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColtJax said:

The FA period isn’t over and there are still other quality players available. We should all just relax it will all play out fine. I expect them to sign a veteran CB & WR possibly a Edge rusher. Then the draft will fill other holes and provide depth.

• Like 1

Are we looking at ANYONE else? 

According to Ballard he never stops looking. I believe him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I think we need depth at T, for more than we need depth at G. 

Like or not Le'Raven Clark was signed for T/G depth.

• Thanks 1

With the release of Desir, which surprised me, maybe CB is close to something with a corner back? Anybody's guess.

I think right now we’re:

- trying to sign clowney

- we resigned Clark and I’m pretty sure we’ll grab another lineman or 2 in the draft

- looking to trade brisett so we’ll probably get something from that

- waiting until the draft for our WR.  This class is deep

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Agreed. I think Funchess and Rivers would go well together, and Funchess can be had at a reasonable price. He already knows the system. And I'm okay with our young guys. I don't see WR as a great need right now. I'd like to give the guys on the roster a chance with some better QBing.

Perfect year to draft a wr. We all know what happens when TY gets injured. The group is thin. TE is also a need. These positions need some depth. 

10 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm surprised by this post. If TY would go down with an injury early in the season, or if he just breaks down period, the Colts have no #1 receiver in waiting. I just can't see the team passing on drafting a potential replacement for TY. This is a historic draft for WR depth. The Colts need to get one early IMO. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this Supe. 

Haven’t heard anything more about Eric Berry.  CB is a bigger need but he would provide veteran leadership in the D backfield at S too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Superman said:

WR is a need!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hoose said:

I'm surprised by this post. If TY would go down with an injury early in the season, or if he just breaks down period, the Colts have no #1 receiver in waiting. I just can't see the team passing on drafting a potential replacement for TY. This is a historic draft for WR depth. The Colts need to get one early IMO. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this Supe. 

100% agree. The WR position needs to be addressed. This draft is loaded. One of the 2nd rounders should be used and hopefully another late round pick. Also the TE position needs some attention. I would love if the draft fell like this.

32nd-  WR jalen reagor

44th- CB/OT

75th- TE Trautman

If 44th is used on a CB, We need to sign a tackle or vice versa.

I think rivers will be good next year but we need some skill position depth.

we’ve focused on the defense for so long via the draft, time to get some talented players on the other side and it’s a great draft to do this. 

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Could we sign Logan Ryan to shore up our secondary?

I wouldn’t mind that.  We need another vet corner.  Logan led the league at his position in QB pressures last season from what I understand but opposing QBs had a pretty high completion rate against him.  Nevertheless he makes big plays and our defense needs more of that.  Brady’s last pass as a Patriot was a pick six to Logan.  Lol 

I'd love to see Clowny sign here. It would really solidify the line. 

Draft WR/CB with your 2 second round picks, then TE with your 3rd. 

Opening things up for the next draft to be about QB and oline depth. 

On 3/22/2020 at 5:25 AM, Hoose said:

I'm not ruling out drafting a WR. Just saying I don't think it's a FA need.

I don't think our WR corps is as bad as most others seem to think. If we keep Funchess, and he's presumably healthy, TY is healthy, and don't give up on Campbell -- plus, Pascal gave us 600 yards and 5 TDs with bad QBing last season -- we have a good foundation.

Also, I assume the offense will feature TEs and backs in the passing game, since Reich and Rivers always do both. I see our passing offense being find next year, as long as Rivers is good. 

I'll take another guy in the draft. I'll take a second or third tier FA (which is where Funchess fits in, IMO). I just don't see it as a major need. A big part of that is I haven't gone sour on Campbell, like everyone else has.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not ruling out drafting a WR. Just saying I don't think it's a FA need.

I don't think our WR corps is as bad as most others seem to think. If we keep Funchess, and he's presumably healthy, TY is healthy, and don't give up on Campbell -- plus, Pascal gave us 600 yards and 5 TDs with bad QBing last season -- we have a good foundation.

Also, I assume the offense will feature TEs and backs in the passing game, since Reich and Rivers always do both. I see our passing offense being find next year, as long as Rivers is good. 

I'll take another guy in the draft. I'll take a second or third tier FA (which is where Funchess fits in, IMO). I just don't see it as a major need. A big part of that is I haven't gone sour on Campbell, like everyone else has.

Now that Anderson has signed with the Panthers all that is left is second tier guys.  Hopefully he signs Funchess or someone else quickly before they are gone.  Maybe he has his eye on a WR who could be released.  I don't know but I would feel better if we added an additional proven WR than just relying on the draft.  It just makes sense to me to sign another weapon for Rivers.  One FA and one in the draft.  

On 3/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, Indyfan4life said:

Clowney. I wanted Sanders but the Saints got him. 

That’s who I wanted you are right on the money that would’ve been a huge difference maker for our team.  

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Now that Anderson has signed with the Panthers all that is left is second tier guys.  Hopefully he signs Funchess or someone else quickly before they are gone.  Maybe he has his eye on a WR who could be released.  I don't know but I would feel better if we added an additional proven WR than just relying on the draft.  It just makes sense to me to sign another weapon for Rivers.  One FA and one in the draft.  

I think DeMarcus Robinson could be similar to Funchess, he's a little smaller at 6'1" 205 lbs... but he's also a little faster and more athletic.  He only had 32 receptions last year, but he was also in a stacked offense in KC which limited his reps.  

Also, many sources are claiming Sammy Watkins is going to get let go.  IMO, he'd be a big upgrade over Funchess and also has pretty good size at 6'1" 211 lbs and is a lot faster than Funchess.  

1 hour ago, CurBeatElite said:

I think DeMarcus Robinson could be similar to Funchess, he's a little smaller at 6'1" 205 lbs... but he's also a little faster and more athletic.  He only had 32 receptions last year, but he was also in a stacked offense in KC which limited his reps.  

Also, many sources are claiming Sammy Watkins is going to get let go.  IMO, he'd be a big upgrade over Funchess and also has pretty good size at 6'1" 211 lbs and is a lot faster than Funchess.  

I think Watkins is going to be released and I think he is the player Ballard is going after.  Just like last year with Houston.  The KC connection will pay off for us again this year. 

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Watkins is going to be released and I think he is the player Ballard is going after.  Just like last year with Houston.  The KC connection will pay off for us again this year. 

Problem with that plan is, isn't Watkins on the sidelines not dressed about half the time? Or am I thinking of someone else?

12 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Problem with that plan is, isn't Watkins on the sidelines not dressed about half the time? Or am I thinking of someone else?

You are probably thinking about someone else.  I think he played 14 games last year and he is only 26.  So he did miss some games but I think most if not all of our primary receivers missed games last year as well.  It's a long season.  He is the far superior player when compared to what's left on the street.  I would certainly bring him in when he hits FA.  Huge upgrade for us at the position.  We paid Funchess and Houston 10M a year last year.  I could see that for Watkins.  Not really expensive.   

I see Evan Boehm is a FA now.  I was really surprised we traded him away last year.  He can play a lot of positions so maybe we bring him back for depth on the OL.  I think he might be in his mid 20's.