Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens offseason moves

chad72

Michael Brockers, DT: Agreed to a three-year, $30 million deal with the team, with $21 million fully guaranteed, per Garafolo and Rapoport.

Calais Campbell, DE: Acquired in a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for a fifth-round pick, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Rapoport reported. Per Rapoport, the Ravens are finalizing a two-year, $27 million deal with Campbell that will include $20 million guaranteed.

Matt Judon, Edge: The team placed the franchise tag on Judon.

Jihad Ward, DE: Agreed to a return on a one-year deal, the team announced.

They have actually strengthened their defensive line, IMO, and are going to be a difficult out in the AFC. Lamar's margin of error offensively went up, IMO.

3 minutes ago, will426 said:

If they get some more WR for Lamar they’ll be even more explosive plus fix the line 

Once the Titans played press with DBs on the TEs that Lamar went to often, no one else beat press coverage well. Marquise Brown is good in space where the scheme generates the separation over winning 1-on-1s with route running, at least at this point in his career. Maybe we will see the jump in Year 2.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Once the Titans played press with DBs on the TEs that Lamar went to often, no one else beat press coverage well. Marquise Brown is good in space where the scheme generates the separation over winning 1-on-1s with route running, at least at this point in his career. Maybe we will see the jump in Year 2.

In one of my mocks I had Ravens making huge trade up to get Jeudy.

I think they could pull it off and it would do wonders for Lamar.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

In one of my mocks I had Ravens making huge trade up to get Jeudy.

I think they could pull it off and it would do wonders for Lamar.

Their FO knows what they are doing. Been that way for years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• True, but the usual assumption is first round drafted player starts and plays many snaps however, teams look for players who can grow into higher ceiling than they're currently. For example, DE Chop Robinson is said to be raw but has all the traits to develop to be a quality edge rusher one day. I'd not be surprised if Ballard drafts him for the potential. Or similar players who would've higher ceiling in future than being an instant starter right now.    Another assumption people generally make is that the perceived holes need to be filled in and the team needs to be complete after the draft while Ballard may not draft for this year alone but with the aim to get the roster much better and near complete in a couple of years.    The way Ballard has not yielded to the pressure of competing and paying more to bring in expensive free agents, even after acquiring rookie QB, seems to indicate that he's not looking at this year alone.   Ballard may just stand pat and go BPA for any position as long as they've the player ranked higher, even if fans think another player available in position of need could play as immediate starter in this team. 
    • Welcome once again to Dr. T’s annual, official, Colts Draft Contest for 2024! Believe it or not, this is the 25th year we are doing this since the first contest was the Edgerrin James draft of 1999! With only seven choices this year, we needed to be creative again. So, contestants will be asked to select an A, B, and C choice for ALL rounds. Correctly choosing choice A merits 5 points, while correctly choosing choice B or C instead will merit 4 and 3 points respectively. If one of your "A" selections is chosen, but in a different round than you predicted, you get 2 points, if one of your "B" selections is chosen in a different round than you predicted, you get 1 point, and if one of your "C" selections is chosen in a different round than you predicted, you get 0.5 points. In addition, we will have a bonus question again this year and give everyone the opportunity to predict if the Colts will trade their #15 pick! The choices will be: trade up, trade back, stay put or you can also abstain from guessing. Like last year, if you predict correctly, you earn one point, but if you are incorrect, you will be DEDUCTED one point. If you don’t want to risk it, you can also abstain (no harm, no foul). For those that do not answer this question, the default is that this is a vote to abstain. If AND ONLY IF there is no clear winner at the end of the 7 rounds of the draft, the contest will be extended for ALL participants in which everyone will also be awarded one point for each collegiate free agent you predicted would be drafted by the Colts but was instead signed by the Colts after the draft.  Make your choices here by listing the round, choice A, B, or C for each round, with the name of the player, position and school AND your prediction on whether the Colts will trade the #15 pick this year. You may also write with each choice a little blurb explaining your rationale. Your 21 Colts selections and draft question this year are as follows:   Round 1 - #15 A, B, C Round 2 - #46 A, B, C Round 3 - #82 A, B, C Round 4 - #117 A, B, C Round 5 - #151 A, B, C Round 6 - #191 A, B, C Round 7 - #234 A, B, C   BONUS: Will the Colts trade the #15 pick this year?  1) Yes, they will trade up. 2) Yes, they will trade back. 3) No, they will stay put. 4) I don’t want to risk losing a point and will abstain.   Please be a good sport and do not just copy other contestant's selections. You can easily do some research on your own, since plenty of free draft services are available on the web. You also can make changes to your selections, but this can only be done before the contest is closed on Thursday at 11:00 AM CST April 25, 2024, on the first day of the draft. Good luck and let the best GM win!  
  • Members