Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers Official??

BleedBlue4Shoe86

9 minutes ago, Nate! said:

His wife is in perpetual labor

lmao

I think it's the coronavirus holding things up.  I believe that was the issue with Brady and the Bucs as well.  Physicals are required for nearly every contract, and teams like to conduct those with their own doctors, but with travel restrictions and all that, it makes things more difficult.  This was a topic on the Pat McAfee Show the other day.

19 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

lmao

I think it's the coronavirus holding things up.  I believe that was the issue with Brady and the Bucs as well.  Physicals are required for nearly every contract, and teams like to conduct those with their own doctors, but with travel restrictions and all that, it makes things more difficult.  This was a topic on the Pat McAfee Show the other day.

He was supposed to get his physical Thursday. Maybe it didn’t happen and got delayed . I really think they are just trying to respect Jacoby and trade him first. Teams and the player have to agree on which doctor to see in the area. It didn’t hold up Buckner.

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

What could be taking so long to officially announce the Rivers Signing. It was reported he was getting his physical several days ago. 

What is the holdup?

Two days ago is not really "several". It's been less than 48 hours. It's also likely it was a physical done by non-Colts doctors, or done by Colts doctors virtually with local docs taking direction. If that's the case, the review process might be longer. Given the pandemic going on, I doubt the FO is in some race to announce..... 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He was supposed to get his physical Thursday. Maybe it didn’t happen and got delayed . I really think they are just trying to respect Jacoby and trade him first. Teams and the player have to agree on which doctor to see in the area. It didn’t hold up Buckner.

My sources are telling me that Rivers' doctor couldn't do the physical because he ran out of N95 masks, bought up by people standing in supermarket lines for toilet paper.... so they can have a shiny * as the world comes to an end.  :peek:

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is Ballard’s statement.

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They are probably waiting to deal or cut Jacoby. That way it doesn’t make a weird situation even weirder. It’s a respect thing towards Jacoby.

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Are you starting to see the future yet?   They didn't have to trade or cut JB .   They were not worrying about making things weird. Ballard said he is staying, there is a report he is staying.  

And you say I don't listen

Hello Colts fans from a "Broken" Chargers fan

I am known as Trumpet Man for the Chargers for decades and rarely post anymore but felt compelled to post one more time about your newest player Philip Rivers.

Congrats !!!

Let me dive right into it as I have been a fan of the Chargers since - well - 5+ decades.

River is a pure class act who is mis-characterized as a loud mouth punk. The media has done Rivers a dis-service and I am here as a "broken" Bolt fan to let you know the media got it way wrong. Rivers talks what I call "hillbilly trash" with no cuss words. For instance, River yelled at a DB who got torched on a pass .... "how do you like those corn flakes?" I mean...c'mon man how do you respond to that kind of clean trash talk ? Get ready for a whole bunch of "daggumit" and "horse mess" and "goll-leee dagumit" or any assortment of those phrases. And Rivers wears ONLY Bolo ties. Forget ever seeing Rivers in a formal tie as a Colt. It ain't happening.

Rivers has two good years left if not more and really never had an O-Line in San Diego worth a ratsazz. Yes we had pieces and made our playoff runs but NEVER with a stellar O-Line. I felt bad for Rivers for his whole career with crappy O-Lines and now he has arguably the best O-Line in football. I have no doubt Rivers gets the Colts to the playoffs and with the signing of Buckner, the Colts are now monster-like.

I enjoyed the games my Bolts played against the Colts. Bolts fans have no general hatred toward the AFC except who we play in our division and the Patriots.

Now for the "broken" Charger fan part ... San Diego is still ANGRY over the Chargers leaving. After attending Chargers games for 50+ years ... we (most of us) are still angry but watch the Bolts in "seclusion" with curtains drawn. No true San Diegan would EVER root for a team located in Los Angeles. Never (well almost never). 

So what I am proposing is offering my "fandom" to another team. I pledge to support the NFL but it can not be the Chargers anymore so the entire NFL is welcome to invite me as a fan of my next new NFL team.

My NFL fan terms are very negotiable. I do not believe in "holding out" my fandom for better offers ... well .... ok .... if another NFL team has a better offer then you all know the drill.

Signed

Trumpet_Man (a Broken Chargers Fan) 

Archived