Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indyfan4life

Ebron to Steelers

Recommended Posts

On mobile so can’t post directly from twitter, but it’s per Schefter. 12 mil for two years. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barry Sears said:

you mean Ebron?

Yeah. Auto correct and being in Wendy’s drive thru got me! haha

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad contract ....... if he catches the ball and keeps his mouth shut.

  I can see him having a big 1st year and then disappearing in the 2nd.

  It would have been nice to have his talent back.  I just dont like some if the other stuff he brings.  After he quit on the team, i dont know how we could have brought him back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He better hope Ben comes back strong. He will be crying is those backups have to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how Ebron was a legend here for one season 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he didn't drop the pen signing the contract. :) 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's roughly the same contract as he got with the Colts. I'm glad he's moving along and I hope he does well except in games against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get he left in a bit of controvert, and has body drops. 

I still would have taken him back for 6M/year for 2..... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

So that explains the big oil slick from Indy to Pittsburgh

Good luck steelers he is a bum.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got to admit, I'm disappointed in how Ebron's time here concluded.  His first year, he was the consummate "team" player (when the ball was coming to him).  We saw the real Ebron the 2nd year.  The Ebron Detroit didn't want.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how much of a problem he was causing in the locker room his 2nd year, but it would have been nice to have his talent back with a QB who can take advantage of it.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joecolts said:

I've got to admit, I'm disappointed in how Ebron's time here concluded.  His first year, he was the consummate "team" player (when the ball was coming to him).  We saw the real Ebron the 2nd year.  The Ebron Detroit didn't want.  

I'm perfectly fine with calling him selfish, but I can certainly understand and appreciate some things he must have been feeling. 1) he had a QB that simply wasn't that good. 2) he had a QB that hated to throw deep and to the seam where he thrived. 3) his snaps decreased due to running it more and prioritizing Doyle's blocking...

 

Given all the above, his value tanked by no fault of his own, and it happened after a year where his value was probably at an all time high. It is a business, and I can understand him being unhappy to see his stock rise in 2018, and fall drastically in 2019. And because it is a business, why not get his ankle cared for earlier than later to make him more ready for 2020. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm perfectly fine with calling him selfish, but I can certainly understand and appreciate some things he must have been feeling. 1) he had a QB that simply wasn't that good. 2) he had a QB that hated to throw deep and to the seam where he thrived. 3) his snaps decreased due to running it more and prioritizing Doyle's blocking...

 

Given all the above, his value tanked by no fault of his own, and it happened after a year where his value was probably at an all time high. It is a business, and I can understand him being unhappy to see his stock rise in 2018, and fall drastically in 2019. And because it is a business, why not get his ankle cared for earlier than later to make him more ready for 2020. 

 

I can certainly agree with the bolded part.  In one year he went from getting a big time top 10 contract to a small time deal through no fault of his own.  

 

Happens a lot in the NFL but it sucks if it's you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I can certainly agree with the bolded part.  In one year he went from getting a big time top 10 contract to a small time deal through no fault of his own.  

 

Happens a lot in the NFL but it sucks if it's you.  

Yup. I understand folks don't like his body drops, and think he should shut up and be happy lol, but it's a business. He's an incredible threat in the RZ and seam. And teams cut people all the time to further their interest, so I really don't have a problem with Ebron having a conversation with Reich about snaps, or getting surgery earlier given the season was lost anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty funny how the man put up almost a record year here and this is how fans treat him. Pathetic if you ask me. If take him and 62 drops a year over Doyle. At least the guy was a playmaker. He declined when captain can't read a defense took over

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll say this: 

 

People acted like he dropped every pass, when realistically he had less drops than Kelce. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’ll say this: 

 

People acted like he dropped every pass, when realistically he had less drops than Kelce. 

He also played less games than Kelce and had far fewer targets

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He also played less games than Kelce and had far fewer targets

Oh I understand. It’s just annoying to see people act like he dropped everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Oh I understand. It’s just annoying to see people act like he dropped everything. 

Oh drop it already...

 

 

 

 

 

:peek:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Oh I understand. It’s just annoying to see people act like he dropped everything. 

From the 2018 season:

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/07/ex-lion-update-eric-ebron-having-a-fascinating-and-frustrating-season-for-colts/

"He also leads all tight ends in dro"pped passes, with five. His 5 drops on 62 total targets give Ebron a drop rate of 8 percent, just under double the league average. Ebron dropped 8 passes in 86 targets in Detroit in 2017."

 

From last season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/disgruntledericebrondropsproverbialball

"Ebron has been targeted 31 times and has four drops, and that latter assessment is generous. An argument could be made that he’s had two or three more."

 

"If I’m general manager Chris Ballard, Ebron making his grievance public is enough reason to let the tight end sign elsewhere after this season. "

 

He's a chronic pass dropper with an obvious me-first attitude, 'nuff said.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

From the 2018 season:

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/07/ex-lion-update-eric-ebron-having-a-fascinating-and-frustrating-season-for-colts/

"He also leads all tight ends in dro"pped passes, with five. His 5 drops on 62 total targets give Ebron a drop rate of 8 percent, just under double the league average. Ebron dropped 8 passes in 86 targets in Detroit in 2017."

 

From last season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/disgruntledericebrondropsproverbialball

"Ebron has been targeted 31 times and has four drops, and that latter assessment is generous. An argument could be made that he’s had two or three more."

 

"If I’m general manager Chris Ballard, Ebron making his grievance public is enough reason to let the tight end sign elsewhere after this season. "

 

He's a chronic pass dropper with an obvious me-first attitude, 'nuff said.

 

 

Nobody was saying that when he caught 13 touchdowns. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Nobody was saying that when he caught 13 touchdowns. 

Not even me. haha

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll probably be good for them at first.  Then his drops will make Big Ben a little more hesitant to throw to him and he won't be getting as many balls, then the same thing will happen that happened here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I understand folks don't like his body drops, and think he should shut up and be happy lol, but it's a business. He's an incredible threat in the RZ and seam. And teams cut people all the time to further their interest, so I really don't have a problem with Ebron having a conversation with Reich about snaps, or getting surgery earlier given the season was lost anyway. 


I don’t have a problem with it...that’s his prerogative...but I also became indifferent at that point. There were also rumors he was going to hold out to get a huge new deal...I am just glad Ballard didn’t give him one.
 

Ultimately, I think Reich (scheming wide open seam and corner routes) and Luck (being Luck) played a huge role in Ebron’s 2018 season. They played a huge role in changing the trajectory of his career...and he’s still able to trade in on it. We will see how he does in PIT. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Nobody was saying that when he caught 13 touchdowns. 

Actually, several on here did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shastamasta said:


I don’t have a problem with it...that’s his prerogative...but I also became indifferent at that point. There were also rumors he was going to hold out to get a huge new deal...I am just glad Ballard didn’t give him one.
 

Ultimately, I think Reich (scheming wide open seam and corner routes) and Luck (being Luck) played a huge role in Ebron’s 2018 season. They played a huge role in changing the trajectory of his career...and he’s still able to trade in on it. We will see how he does in PIT. 

 

I've laid out the stats before for Ebron's 2017 vs 2018 season in terms of how he was used (where, when, and how much). Indy/Reich basically increased his RZ targets by a ton over his Detroit days. His routes were significantly different too looking as his pass charts. So sure, we schemed him open, and the QB threw passes to him, but that's their jobs lol... And Ebron did his job by catching it.

 

Last year, the situation just sucked for everyone. Honestly if I were him, contract year, knew I needed surgery, knew a SB was a pipe dream, reduced snaps, QB that wouldn't throw to the seam, etc. I would have done everything possible to put to myself into the best position and be attractive to teams for the 2020 season. It's a team sport, but it's a business. Teams look out for themselves, and players should too. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot that we play the steelers this year. 

 

If Ben is healthy and back fully Ebron will probably have a good year. IF not he will cry like a baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Anyone have any evidence that he had surgery on his ankles? I'll wager the answer is no.

He did. Not sure if it was both though. HE had pictures on IG with one of his ankles in a cast but never showed both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure if he did it more then anybody else or it just stood out to me but I hated watching him call for a pass interference flag after every single drop.  I know everyone does it nowadays but I felt like he did it more.  I think the league should  just make a rule that the PI flag gets picked up if you are asking for it, drives me nuts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has the skills to entice teams but his attitude should scare teams. The Steelers don't care 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

Nobody was saying that when he caught 13 touchdowns. 

It’s not hard when they threw it to him every time  in the end zone..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s face it. Ebron had butter fingers. He had some great moments too. Just not reliable though. I wish him well. Now go get Kmet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...