Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Haeg Signing w/ Tampa

aReggie7

3 minutes ago, egg said:

I know some like Haeg. 

But I'm glad that Ballard wants to do better. 

I had high hopes for him. He always had a strength/power issue that he never overcame.
 When he needed to get heavier and stronger he came in last season down to 297 as his listed weight.
  I will be watching him. I am sure Arians knows he is a high caliber person, and i wish him the best. 

18 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That’s a huge hit to our OL depth, he could competently play multiple positions.

We really need to pick up some tackle and guard depth now.

I'm curious how much he got because it seems like we could have spared a few million for the guy who's essentially the primary backup to 4 out of 5 positions.  (They said he could play center but it never seemed like he was the top backup there.)

That hurts. Especially since they have literally NO quality depth behind the O line that is signed. And for $2.3 million? It had to be for the chance to start and prove himself. I wish him well. Ballard needs to get busy and sign Andrews. 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

I had high hopes for him. He always had a strength/power issue that he never overcame.
 When he needed to get heavier and stronger he came in last season down to 297 as his listed weight.
  I will be watching him. I am sure Arians knows he is a high caliber person, and i wish him the best. 

Good Luck Joe Haeg let Brady get smeared just once just kidding or am I lol...

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I'm curious how much he got because it seems like we could have spared a few million for the guy who's essentially the primary backup to 4 out of 5 positions.  (They said he could play center but it never seemed like he was the top backup there.)

my guess is he wanted a chance to start and earn starter type money. 

1 minute ago, KB said:

Glad for Joe. Best of luck to him.

Does anyone know if he will equate to a late round comp pick?

highly highly doubtul.

I think Joe probably took less money on a short deal to have a chance to start and earn a big pay day. Hey...play on a possible SB winning team with Tom Brady and since he gets rid of the ball so quick probably don't have nearly the sack numbers so you can turn that into a multi year contract. Good for him.

Damn... that's not a ton of money. I personally would have given him more to stay in Indy. Maybe he just wants a chance to prove himself. This is a big loss. 

IMO he was among the players I wanted us to retain the most. Now we have a big void at multiple of the backup OLine spots.. We probably will need to address that in FA or in the draft. 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Throckmorton, sounds like someone out of a Harry Potter novel

56 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Ballard is resigning Clark. Yeah right he wants to do better.

Wow. I'm shocked.

Anyway, he would have signed Haeg if he he thought Haeg was his best option.

He obviously thinks he can do better than Haeg. 

Joe Haeg is a sleeper agent against the evil empire. He goes to Tampa for pennies and earns the starting spot protecting Brady’s blindside. Playing against Cam Jordan he completely avoids him giving him a free shot at Brady. Brady’s black soul leaves his frail and avocado sustained body as Jordan banishes him to the shadow realm. Joe Haeg, his mission complete, returns back to the land of corn and takes his rightful place as a key backup to 4/5 of our offensive line. 

22 minutes ago, egg said:

Wow. I'm shocked.

Anyway, he would have signed Haeg if he he thought Haeg was his best option.

He obviously thinks he can do better than Haeg. 

I'm guessing it was Haeg's decision and not Ballard's.  Most like got an offer from us, but he wants to be a starter and that's not happening here as long as our OL stays healthy.

Archived