Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Belichick Tank The Pats To Draft Trevor Lawrence In 2021?

Would you question the Pats & Belichick to manipulate their play to get Trevor Lawrence? I know that sounds outlandish but with the history of the Patriots it might not be. Who they choose to fill in for Brady may be an indication. Certainly if they start off losing games you know that question will come up. That's what the media does.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Would you question the Pats & Belichick to manipulate their play to get Trevor Lawrence? I know that sounds outlandish but with the history of the Patriots it might not be. Who they choose to fill in for Brady may be an indication. Certainly if they start off losing games you know that question will come up. That's what the media does.

Perhaps! But if Lawrence decides to stay his senior year it would completely screw their plan. Wouldn’t that be interesting...

Belichick will win even with Andy Dalton. His top notch  defense won so many games in the division and outside last year. Just give him an above average QB like Dalton and he can win the AFC East. HFA is another question. 

Don’t be surprised if Stidham and the Patriots win the AFC East again, driving a knife into everyone hoping for the Patriots demise.

That team is talented enough to win 8 games without Brady, IMO.

I was under the impression the Pats enjoyed picking late in the 1st, or trading back into the 2nd, since it saves money, and Belichick is a tight wad. Even in his contract negotiations with Brady, from what I read, it came down to money; Belichick wanted Brady to play for less money than last season, so Brady walked.

I doubt they would have the #1 pick but anything could happen. Having a top defense is enough to get you to win a few games. Losing Brady and plugging in someone else, they should be okay to win but probably not Super Bowl again.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:19 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Tanking is for losers with loser mentality. 

Like him or not Belichick does not have a loser mentality.

That's subjective and short-sighted. 

If you want to win long-term and ensure future success, you tank one year, get the best QB prospect since Luck, and win for another decade....doesn't seem like a loser mentality to me.

• Like 1

It's hard to see Belichick tanking.  

Somehow I think he's going to trade a 5th round pick for Deshaun Watson.  And Bill O'Brian is going to give it to him because he's Bill O'Brian.

Watson will be good for another 4 Belichick SB's minimum.

No.   The most competitive coach in NFL history is not going to tank.  

They’ll either go with Stidham, who reports say they really like, or they’ll trade for someone like Dalton and keep wining.   They may not win 13 games, but they would likely win 9-10 games. 

No tanking in their future....

NFL teams have tanked for QBs

if you dont believe that then watch the buccaneers last game of the 2014 season and get back to me.

i cant imagine BB doing it now though, hes too old to burn a season like that