Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

41 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Hmm...I like his personality.  Seems like a cool, down to earth guy.  I always thought he was a jerk after the flipping off moment in Indy.  Looking forward to getting to know him better as one of our own.

I don’t recall exactly what happened but I’m not gonna fault him if we were booing him off the field when he was injured. That’s what I remember from that day. I admire his passion for the game. 

2 minutes ago, P'Son said:

This guys is an interception machine.  Should have saved the money and stayed the course with Biscuit.

Yes being in QB purgatory and going 7-9 is the place we want to be. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I don’t recall exactly what happened but I’m not gonna fault him if we were booing him off the field when he was injured. That’s what I remember from that day. I admire his passion for the game. 

Yes being in QB purgatory and going 7-9 is the place we want to be. 

LOL  this guys is going to be mediocre at BEST.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

One other tidbit that Rivers revealed that I like.....

Said he's never iced his arm once in his career.    Of course,  this interview is not new...   at least not to my knowledge....    still,   that's a good sign for a QB,   any quarterback.

• Like 2

I live in San Diego but been a Colts fan since i was in my teens. I must admit I used to hate Rivers because he was always yelling at the other team. But over the years I've grown to enjoy him, particularly his talent.

Watching that video it's hard not to like him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, P'Son said:

Maybe you're right. That'd still be an improvement to JB. I'd have been tickled to death to have had the 16th best QB in the league behind our line and running game last year...

25 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Pretty cool, now why don't you show a video of why he is 123-101 and has thrown for 60,000 yards in his career. We all know he hasn't won a ring :facepalm:. He has been a top 10 QB in the league so long I forget how long. Roll with it or root for another team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, P'Son said:

You’re just upset we didn’t draft a unknown QB. Mediocre is better than what we had last year. So I’m gonna save this quote and at the end of the 2020 season, I’ll be reminding you of it. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, P'Son said:

This guys is an interception machine.  Should have saved the money and stayed the course with Biscuit.

Interceptions come with the position. Players have bad games and bad seasons. It happens.

I really think he will thrive in the Colts system.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I like Rivers but I did find this funny. Especially the game show music .

Music and editing was funny. That said the score, time on the clock, and down and distance on 90% of those was losing by a TD and 4th and long....should he just check down and call it a day? He is a gun slinger. We will lose a couple games I'm sure like that next year...but I also am confident he will help us win more than we lose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, P'Son said:

That’s what they said about Manning and Luck.

I wasn’t thrilled at first with the trade (mostly because I thought he was a hot dog), but this vid made me this is a guy I can get behind for a year. Maybe the change will help. 
     I  would rather have Rivers than Brissett for 2020.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

That’s what they said about Manning and Luck.

I wasn’t thrilled at first with the trade (mostly because I thought he was a hot dog), but this vid made me this is a guy I can get behind for a year. Maybe the change will help. 
     I  would rather have Rivers than Brissett for 2020.

Trade meaning for Buckner...Rivers was FA.

Personally I was pretty intrigued with Winston on 1+1 flyer but his agent probably was looking at big money. I thought we really was just bidding against ourselves with Rivers. Not many takers for him and thought we could have played the market a little and still came back to him later. Not like he probably was being overwhelmed with offers. I don't care about the money since it's just 1 year but more about taking a shot at a young talented qb that maybe we could fix some things with. That said Rivers is a much needed upgrade and a great locker room presence.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty cool, now why don't you show a video of why he is 123-101

you do realize how damning it is to have a winning regular season record with practically no real payoff wins.

He's not a bad QB, just not the guy I wanted if we were determined to get a guy to put us over the top. 

I will concede that other than Brady, Rivers was probaly the best available free agent QB, and once we traded our first for Buckner, which in and of itself is an excellent move, the Rivers signing is understandable.  But I hope people are prepared to temper their expectations. 

When the moment gets big, this guy plays small. He has a bad habit of shooting himself in the foot by forcing throws when the open man isn't there.  Not nearly as bad as Winston at this, but not good either.  Since we don't have a world beating receiver corps outside of the oft-injured TY, it's a concern.

Hopefully the defense and run game will allow us to compete if and when he starts to falter.  If we can grind out a few tough wins like we did last year before things fell apart, maybe Rivers can get some confidence and get on a roll.  That's the hope.  

If this guy gets us to the playoffs and wins a playoff game, he'll have officially exceeded expectations as far as I'm concerned.  God knows I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

you do realize how damning it is to have a winning regular season record with practically no real payoff wins.

He's not a bad QB, just not the guy I wanted if we were determined to get a guy to put us over the top. 

I will concede that other than Brady, Rivers was probaly the best available free agent QB, and once we traded our first for Buckner, which in and of itself is an excellent move, the Rivers signing is understandable.  But I hope people are prepared to temper their expectations. 

When the moment gets big, this guy plays small. He has a bad habit of shooting himself in the foot by forcing throws when the open man isn't there.  Not nearly as bad as Winston at this, but not good either.  Since we don't have a world beating receiver corps outside of the oft-injured TY, it's a concern.

Hopefully the defense and run game will allow us to compete if and when he starts to falter.  If we can grind out a few tough wins like we did last year before things fell apart, maybe Rivers can get some confidence and get on a roll.  That's the hope.  

If this guy gets us to the playoffs and wins a playoff game, he'll have officially exceeded expectations as far as I'm concerned.  God knows I'd love to be proven wrong.

Hell.

he beat us in the playoffs a couple of times.

I sat through one of those. owwwww

On 3/19/2020 at 4:41 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Good tape...   love the explanation of how he came to use the side arm whip throwing motion.   Makes perfect sense.

I strongly suspect Rivers will mix with our locker room really,  really well. 

Well, both Reich and Sirianni spent time coaching him.  Reich's a huge locker room guy.  Highly doubt they'd have went after him if they thought he'd do anything aside from mix well with the locker room.

On a side note, I notice Rivers often has a hat on that says 'nunc coepi.'  I just googled it -- it means 'Now I begin.'  Here's an explanation of it from his perspective.

https://www.espn.co.uk/video/clip/_/id/24979334

• Thanks 1