Indianapolis Colts
Luck2Hilton4TD

Colts Should Highly Consider Signing Jadeveon Clowney on a Short-Term Deal

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. I have a feeling Speed will bump one of them. Franklin played 0 snaps on D, and I just don't know if they're going to keep someone on the 53 they know is purely a STs guy (and not a returner), on top of a 3rd SAM (a position we don't use a lot anyway). We're going to be adding draft picks to the roster, and just not sure he'll survive.

Their 7th round picks. Not exactly saving much.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Their 7th round picks. Not exactly saving much.

I think it's more about roster spot than saving. The 0.7M is just what I expect (not specifically to save).

12 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

He's going to have a hard time getting that much too.

Agreed, but he is into Trey Flowers type money who got a 5 year $90 million contract from the Lions in 2019. He could get it, but finding a match will be hard.

12 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If he signs for around 15 mil per season, I wouldn't mind the Colts showing interest for a 1-2 year deal. Could make this DL ferocious. 

I’d be close to seeing if he would take a 2 yr deal. 30 million, 17 guaranteed. I don’t want another 1 year deal unless they are fringe player. JC is certainly not a fringe guy, he has super talent. He does bring baggage and for the money, I’m not sure I’d want committed to him longer term. He has too many games missed in his career so far. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Ballard just bought Juice for 25M and Buck for 24M

Obviously, however, those two players didn't turn down big money elsewhere, and wait. 

My comment was in regard to "The locker room". Ballard paid dedicated, hard working players and fit them into the locker room. Paying Clown because he is waiting for more money, is quite a different add to the locker room. 

31 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Obviously, however, those two players didn't turn down big money elsewhere, and wait. 

My comment was in regard to "The locker room". Ballard paid dedicated, hard working players and fit them into the locker room. Paying Clown because he is waiting for more money, is quite a different add to the locker room. 

Not really.  It's called negotiation.  All of the FA players Ballard added were added through negotiation.  No different for Clowney no matter where he signs.  His contract will be larger that's all.   Criticizing him for trying to get the best contract he can holds no water really.  

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Not really.  It's called negotiation.  All of the FA players Ballard added were added through negotiation.  No different for Clowney no matter where he signs.  His contract will be larger that's all.   Criticizing him for trying to get the best contract he can holds no water really.  

Right. I don't think Ballard just offered Buckner a massive 4/$84M out of the blue and that was that. 

Sort of a double standard...lauding Ballard for staying firm on his valuations and negotiations...but when a player does it...it's a potential issue.

• Like 1

Ballard's Law: "You'll pay more for a free agent than you expect, even considering Ballard's Law."

7 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I disagree. Ballard just commented that the locker room was to a point they could add a big name. That could be interpreted in several ways, but I assume he is talking about a player like Clowney, not really guys like Rivers and Buckner.

I'm middle ground when it comes to Clown. I'm not breaking the bank long term on him, but I'd absolutely give him a 2 year 30M deal.

• Like 1