Indianapolis Colts
Luck2Hilton4TD

Colts Should Highly Consider Signing Jadeveon Clowney on a Short-Term Deal

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

According to that Pro Football411 Twitter... Clowney and Seattle are closing in on a deal.

Is that a worthwhile twitter handle? Haven’t followed or heard anything from them before. 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Is that a worthwhile twitter handle? Haven’t followed or heard anything from them before. 

Honestly not sure....I'm bored and trying to find any news possible lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It would be cool, but Ballard seldom get those where a bidding war is going on. I would be highly surprised if he ends here with two other suitors.

There was more than one team that was trying to work out a deal with Justin Houston last year.  I remember we were almost sure he was going to the Steelers but he wound up signing here.  I do realize there is a difference in their ages though.  We'll see if Ballard can scoop him up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

There was more than one team that was trying to work out a deal with Justin Houston last year.  I remember we were almost sure he was going to the Steelers but he wound up signing here.  I do realize there is a difference in their ages though.  We'll see if Ballard can scoop him up.

We can only hope.  The silence is deafening now.  

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We can only hope.  The silence is deafening now.  

Or good, because if he was closing in on a deal with Seattle and we haven't heard its done. All while we free up $10m in additional space(Hoyer, Desir) in same time period.

Just cant fathom that dline:

Houston, Buckner, Clowney

Turay, Autry, Banogu, Muhammad, Lewis, Stewart

Damn, teams would not want to play us.

If we could bring in Harris/ or Suh for 1 yr deal. WoW.

Or draft a guy in 2nd-4th..

• Thanks 1

What would be y'alls dollar cut off? It's been reported that seattle offered $18.5 M.

52 minutes ago, KB said:

What would be y'alls dollar cut off? It's been reported that seattle offered $18.5 M.

That reported offer has been out there for a long time now.  Seems close enough to the 20M he was looking for.  Maybe that offer is incorrect.  We will see. 

5 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

According to that Pro Football411 Twitter... Clowney and Seattle are closing in on a deal.

They said they offered him 18.5 mil and Clowney is looking for 20. 

So let me get this straight. He cries about getting tagged at 19.5 million a year, demands that he won't be tagged for 2020, so now his offer is a 1 year 13 million? Bet he wished he was tagged again this year, much like Gordon and Bell before him..

• Haha 1

This could be the day we find out on the Clowney front.  I just read where The Seahawks have only 20M in cap space left.  That makes that reported 18.5M offer somewhat unbelievable.  If he signs with the Titans he goes against our OL twice.  If he signs with the Colts he goes against an average OL in the Titans who just lost a key lineman in Conklin.  With our addition of Bruckner you would think he would have a chance of greater and higher production with the Colts.  Money wise I think the Colts will be competitive.  We might even have the highest offer on the table.  I can't wait to find out where he is going.  Hopefully today and to the Colts. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

I want to see the Colts with an intimidating and dominating defense for the first time in my lifetime and I've been a Colts fan since 1980.  I don't think I would know how to act.  lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

There you have it.  I thought we might have the highest offer.  I'm biased if course but if I were him I would take the Colts offer and join that DL.  I actually think we are the better team overall as well.  

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hopefully the Colts feeling like Clowney is "leaning toward Titans" is more posturing on Clowney's part than anything.  

I think he may not be crazy about Indianapolis tbh.  It's not like the colts are clearly better than titans or Seahawks either

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Hopefully the Colts feeling like Clowney is "leaning toward Titans" is more posturing on Clowney's part than anything.  

I wonder what plan B is.  Trade for Yannick?  Sheard again?  

Just now, richard pallo said:

I would rather just let Turay start if we can't get Clowney

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

I think he may not be crazy about Indianapolis tbh.  It's not like the colts are clearly better than titans or Seahawks either

He might not want to share the spotlight with Houston and Buckner.  

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe Griffin?  But I heard he might be something of a head case. 

20 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Seahawks and titans don't exactly have pass rushers to take attention away from Clowney especially since the Titans traded Casey. Clowney was getting double teamed a lot in Seattle. Atleast we can offer him single blocks because you're not single blocking Buckner or Houston

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Seahawks and titans don't exactly have pass rushers to take attention away from Clowney especially since the Titans traded Casey. Clowney was getting double teamed a lot in Seattle. Unless we can offer him single blocks because you're not single blocking Buckner or Houston

That's why the Colts make more sense.  He will get fewer double teams if any. 

• Like 1

Maybe he’s still bitter over this...

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

They're the only people I see really even reporting anything on Clowney.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I would rather just let Turay start if we can't get Clowney

Sign everson Griffin  I hope if we don't  get clowney 

Go with the Colts offer bro. You got less chance of playoffs if you stay with Seattle. Titans have improved but do you really trust Tannehill to do it again? Get with Indy and that gives you two elite lines and much more. Plus you get to play indoors most of the year on the turf. Great for pass rushers. Did i mention being coached by Robert Mathis?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

Go with the Colts offer bro. You got less chance of playoffs if you stay with Seattle. Titans have improved but do you really trust Tannehill to do it again? Get with Indy and that gives you two elite lines and much more. Plus you get to play indoors most of the year on the turf. Great for pass rushers. Did i mention being coached by Robert Mathis?

He only cares about who offers more cake.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don't know how to embed tweets but this site is saying Colts are taegeting:

Clowney

Suh

Travis Benjamin

DeMarcus Robinson

Brandon Carr

Morris Clairborn

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I don't know how to embed tweets but this site is saying Colts are taegeting:

Clowney

Suh

Travis Benjamin

DeMarcus Robinson

Brandon Carr

Morris Clairborn

Here you go

Just click on the icon on the bottom right of the tweet and click on the copy tweet option

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He only cares about who offers more cake.

Not if the offers are all similar

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I am a daily lurker and rarely post, but this is an underrated post, Krunk! Indy gives him an opportunity to shine where he does best as a consistent player and run stopper, while simultaneously allowing him an opportunity to rush the passer he wont have elsewhere with Houston and Buckner...

He fits the colts perfectly. With our push to reach the upper echelon of the NFL now, this is a mutually beneficial arrangement. Let’s make it happen!

Yes signing Clowney sounds appealing but what ramifications would it have on our cap space and the ability to add depth?

If it's a short-team deal, I don't know if it would hurt us beyond 2021. I'm sure we would still have some money to fill out our roster with the draft.

45 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Guaranteed he will sign the highest offer

Though we may never truly know...

4 hours ago, krunk said:

And you wouldn't have to face this twice a year...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes signing Clowney sounds appealing but what ramifications would it have on our cap space and the ability to add depth?

Don't you think Ballard has figured that all out?  That is his job.  I think he has a plan.