Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Prepare for NO NFL Football this year.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

We have more people in this country than all those countries combined.   They may test more per capita,   but not near the same volume

South Korea was testing 50,000 a week in the beginning and we just recently passed that mark earlier this week.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I like the NFL and how it takes us away mentally from everyday problems this virus has to be contained at any cost. When you realize just how many people are effected with their jobs a

Meanwhile on Wall Street....    

Chances are you don’t know what you’re talking about. It is most not certainly going to be “done” in a month. 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

China seem to have brought it under control now. Good news for everyone. I hope some of you saw the video of someone's door being welded closed to keep the occupants from going outside. Good old communism serving the people.

 

Meh, regardless of your politics I think it's fair to question China's numbers on this.  China initially told the world there was no virus.  

 

They don't have a free press and have been known to lie to make their regime look better.  Don't get me wrong I hope they do have a control on this.  But it would not in the least shock me if they are covering up the real numbers because the real numbers show that they don't have a handle on it.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, runthepost said:

Reason why it didn’t grow out of control in China like it will here is quarantine or die that was used. The US is already 5000 cases ahead of Italy before their lockdown. By end of March we will have between 100,000 and 200,000 cases. People won’t listen here and will say a lockdown infringes on their constitutional rights.

 

Not that I think it's a good thing but they might be accurate on that.  As far as I can tell most of the restrictions are just suggestions which is helped a good deal by private companies following through and closing.  I'm trying to find a legal precedent that would give any official in this country the authority to institute a legally enforced lock-down.

 

The good news is that most people seem to be abiding by the suggestions.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

I am curious about heat and humidity together. Iran stays dry for the most part and was not warm enough when the cases started arriving (70s for high and 50s for low). While it is not the deciding factor, I am keeping an eye on Mexico and countries closer to the equator where it is hot and humid, like India. The virus will spread, no matter what, because that is just the nature of viruses. The numbers, we will have years to study it later, with the impact of weather etc.

 

Nevertheless, it is not an excuse for us to not to do our part to flatten the curve. A good cautious April and May from us will lead us to better times, only if we do our part.

 

For the young ones that say "we don't have to worry about it", this article should give them pause:

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-age-victims/index.html

 

I have heard that viruses of this sort are water-born, meaning carried by droplets (sneezing, rubbing eyes, etc) but are able to survive in the air and on dry surfaces by a protective dome around the virus.

 

That dome "melts" in ambient air temperature above 70 degrees, so that's why they tend to be seasonal.  They are spread much easier in colder weather.  Researchers are unsure if this virus has a stronger dome. 

 

It can still be spread by water droplets entering the body...getting directly sneezed on.  But spreading it by that method is very slow as long as people use common sense.  

 

Places like South America and Australia could still have cases, but watching the pace of the infection rate in those warmer countries may say something about the strength of the dome around this virus.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougDew said:

I have heard that viruses of this sort are water-born, meaning carried by droplets (sneezing, rubbing eyes, etc) but are able to survive in the air and on dry surfaces by a protective dome around the virus.

 

That dome "melts" in ambient air temperature above 70 degrees, so that's why they tend to be seasonal.  They are spread much easier in colder weather.  Researchers are unsure if this virus has a stronger dome. 

 

It can still be spread by water droplets entering the body...getting directly sneezed on.  But spreading it by that method is very slow as long as people use common sense.  

 

Places like South America and Australia could still have cases, but watching the pace of the infection rate in those warmer countries may say something about the strength of the dome around this virus.

Very possibly. A lot of correlation with the weather conditions in Wuhan China and the outbreak in wet Washington state. That said the virus is here and moving around. Temp alone won't kill it off but certainly combination of actions and behaviors plus weather could help slow the spread. Wouldn't be surprised to see it kinda fall off and then come back this winter before we can have vaccine in mass production. Best we can do is avoid as much contact as possible and let the virus run it's course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Come on. I suggest those that are so negative to shut the tv off and quit listening to the media who is panicking everyone. Chances are this does out in a month or so. 


Chances are you don’t know what you’re talking about. It is most not certainly going to be “done” in a month. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

It is most not certainly going to be “done” in a month. 

zero chance it will be over in a month globally. the bigger markets and more crowded countries are going to be dealing with this for months, it could span into next year

 

places like indiana might be able to recover faster but  the 500 in late may is very much in jeopardy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest fear is sure it goes away in the summer but what happens if it comes back but more aggressive? Remember it took less than 2 weeks to transfer from animal to human then human to human. That’s unheard of. There’s no telling what could happen in the future

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

zero chance it will be over in a month globally. the bigger markets and more crowded countries are going to be dealing with this for months, it could span into next year

 

places like indiana might be able to recover faster but  the 500 in late may is very much in jeopardy 

 

You'd be fortunate to have reached the tipping point for the virus alone (recovery outstripping confirmed cases) within a month, let alone see a return to full normality. The economic and sociological effects will be felt for a good long while. 

 

I'm not sure how much awareness there is in the US in just how poor the government's response has been to all this. So far the modelling suggests you're going to be looking more like Italy than China. This is calm before the storm, believe me. I'm not an epidemiologist, but I do work for the NHS at a pretty senior level I'm living the operational data day to day. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 2:02 AM, ThorstenDenmark said:

If you / americans don't take this seriously, you will have infected in the 100.000 within weeks, your number just exploded and it sounds like its a joke to many of you. instead you buy more guns and ammo... wth... get your % together and start acting like you should and take responsibility.

 

I believe that the person you replied to agrees with you. I do as well.

 

So many are downplaying the seriousness of the virus and COVID-19. Many believe only those over 65 or so will be infected and/or will succumb to the illness. They believe the media is exaggerating. Because of that mindset, many are not taking precautions and are putting themselves and others at risk. If too many people become infected, that will strain the healthcare system. Many don't seem to get that. :facepalm:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 6:59 AM, jvan1973 said:

The US tests more than any other country.   There are tens of thousands of infected worldwide who don't know it

 

It is mostly New York, California and Washinton state that has done most of the testing. NYS has done almost more than CA and Washington combined. There are many out there who are infected but just have not been tested. The whole country needs to do more testing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, dgambill said:

I think everyone is taking it seriously.

 

Do you really believe that? Read some of the posts here. At least one person said that this will die in a month or so (I'm paraphrasing).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'm not sure how much awareness there is in the US in just how poor the government's response has been to all this.

 

There is a lot of denial. And despite the numbers of cases going up, we aren't doing all that we could to get companies to manufacture medical supplies despite pleas from healthcare workers, governors and other elected officials. (If you don't know what I am referring to, I can send an article via PM.)

 

This morning I was listening to sports talk radio but COVID-19 was what was on everyone's mind. Several of the callers to the show said that they thought this was media-driven and that it is not as severe as is being reported. So, yeah, many don't seem to have awareness of how serious this is. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 8:41 AM, ColtJax said:

The virus, like just about every other virus will die off when the weather gets warm. In fact the curve is already down with China reporting no new cases, and that's huge..

First, let me say I believe that the corona virus is serious, but there is no need for EVERYTHING to be shut down like it is. 
 

However, with the media & everybody freaking out, I don't see how this is fixed anytime soon. And the weather theory isn't necessary relevant either because in that case, people in warmer states wouldn't get the flu very often. 
 

I do hope this becomes true tho

Link to post
Share on other sites

The destruction to the economy is going to do more harm then this virus could ever do. Shutting down everything is not the right action. Shut down the most vulnerable. Shut off nursing homes ect. Tell the elderly and sick or anyone with a compromised immune system to stay home. We can protect the most vulnerable and keep the economy running. When unemployment figures come out next month it’s going to be in the millions of mot tens of millions. 

 

I have a compromised immune system from a arthritic auto immune disease and I take a biologic. I stay in. Don’t go anywhere. 

 

Two states have had half the cases. Lock those states down. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The destruction to the economy is going to do more harm then this virus could ever do. Shutting down everything is not the right action. Shut down the most vulnerable. Shut off nursing homes ect. Tell the elderly and sick or anyone with a compromised immune system to stay home. We can protect the most vulnerable and keep the economy running. When unemployment figures come out next month it’s going to be in the millions of mot tens of millions. 

 

I have a compromised immune system from a arthritic auto immune disease and I take a biologic. I stay in. Don’t go anywhere. 

 

Two states have had half the cases. Lock those states down. 

 

You think national governments are doing it just for fun? Get over yourself and wake up. If you don't at least try and buffer the outbreak the medical services will not cope, and more people will die who should have lived. This isn't speculation, it's fact.

 

We're "lucky" here in that in our new Chief Medical Officer just so happens to be a leading epidemiologist, so you know what, I'm gonna listen to what he has to say. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

You think national governments are doing it just for fun? Get over yourself and wake up. If you don't at least try and buffer the outbreak the medical services will not cope, and more people will die who should have lived. This isn't speculation, it's fact.

 

We're "lucky" here in that in our new Chief Medical Officer just so happens to be a leading epidemiologist, so you know what, I'm gonna listen to what he has to say. 

The old saying is you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink is true in this case.

For those who don't think this is that serious are the ones who haven't lost a loved one. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

You think national governments are doing it just for fun? Get over yourself and wake up. If you don't at least try and buffer the outbreak the medical services will not cope, and more people will die who should have lived. This isn't speculation, it's fact.

 

We're "lucky" here in that in our new Chief Medical Officer just so happens to be a leading epidemiologist, so you know what, I'm gonna listen to what he has to say. 

Look your opinion is no better then my opinion. There is no reason to be rude. There are lots of opinions on how this is going to turn out. Your opinion is no better then anyone else’s. Half these models are built on faulty info. Italy’s death rate it turns out was reported  incorrectly and isn’t even close to as high as what is reported. Go ahead ruin people’s lives in faulty info. And by the way just because I think we have taken things to far doesn’t mean I don’t take it serious. I have parents over 60 and my dad has afib. I have a compromised immune system. We are doing our part and staying in as much as possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look your opinion is no better then my opinion. There is no reason to be rude. There are lots of opinions on how this is going to turn out. Your opinion is no better then anyone else’s. Half these models are built on faulty info. Italy’s death rate it turns out was reported  incorrectly and isn’t even close to as high as what is reported. Go ahead ruin people’s lives in faulty info. And by the way just because I think we have taken things to far doesn’t mean I don’t take it serious. I have parents over 60 and my dad has afib. I have a compromised immune system. We are doing our part and staying in as much as possible. 

 

I mean, I'd argue it's perhaps more informed, given what I do professionally. I have literally been building models to work out the impact on cancer services, because we're already at the point of having to change clinical guidelines and potentially withhold treatment rather than compromise someone's immune system. Wider scale, as services are put under more pressure, you will hit the point where hard caps are put in as to who is and isn't treated. I.e. people who are normal circumstance may well have lived with intervention, may not. 

 

I really don't get how you can look at Italy and not realise the consequence of delaying social distancing. 

 

In all seriousness, if you are immunocomprimised, take extreme care. 

 

As side note to all - for the "best" most up to date info this guy has done a good job. All based on WHO/John Hopkins:

 

https://datastudio.google.com/embed/reporting/f56febd8-5c42-4191-bcea-87a3396f4508/page/GQFJB

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Once the cold weather passes, this virus will die out swiftly. You're looking at probably May-June to see things drastically decline and likely be over.

Then why is it spreading in hot climates?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, NFLfan said:

 

There is a lot of denial. And despite the numbers of cases going up, we aren't doing all that we could to get companies to manufacture medical supplies despite pleas from healthcare workers, governors and other elected officials. (If you don't know what I am referring to, I can send an article via PM.)

 

This morning I was listening to sports talk radio but COVID-19 was what was on everyone's mind. Several of the callers to the show said that they thought this was media-driven and that it is not as severe as is being reported. So, yeah, many don't seem to have awareness of how serious this is. 

Neither you or the author can possibly know this. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Then why is it spreading in hot climates?

It's not, not as rapidly in areas where it is colder, ie China and Europe. 

 

The southern hemisphere is not having nearly as many cases right now, and partly because they are in their waning summer months. 

 

Flu viruses do not last on surfaces nearly as long is warmer weather than in colder weather, this virus is no different and it has been shown in studies already that it can last up to 9+ days in colder environments and 3 days or less in warmer.

 

However, your question has nothing to do with my statement, as you speak towards how its spread and I am speaking on its viability. Obviously, this virus is spread by contact, and therefore there are more variables that go into how it spreads than just temperature. In hotter environments, people will still be getting out, in 3rd world countries they cannot afford to avoid marketplaces.  Spread is unavoidable, but how long the virus is viable for contraction is dependent on it's environment. 

 

All the research is pointing towards this being a seasonal issue, and by the summer it will virtually die out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

And you know they are doing enough? 

I never claimed to know.  But it sounds like political bias is starting to enter the mindset of people who get paid to deliver or publish commentary.

 

"not doing enough" is a judgmental state of mind.   People are actually claiming that senior officials ....somebody else.....aren't doing enough.  Ready to judge what others are doing or not doing, as if they are in a better position to know and the people in position to know are ignorant.  Its revealing how people who are not in the know see themselves relative to others who are in the know.   

 

I'm sure 5 weeks after December 7, 1941, there were plenty of paid mouths looking around and saying we weren't doing enough to make more radars (detection devices) or battleships (remedies) and people were at risk of dying because FDR wasn't doing enough.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I never claimed to know.  But it sounds like political bias is starting to enter the mindset of people who get paid to deliver or publish commentary.

 

"not doing enough" is a judgmental state of mind.   People are actually claiming that senior officials ....somebody else.....aren't doing enough.  Ready to judge what others are doing or not doing, as if they are in a better position to know and the people in position to know are ignorant.  Its revealing how people who are not in the know see themselves relative to others who are in the know.   

 

I'm sure 5 weeks after December 7, 1941, there were plenty of paid mouths looking around and saying we weren't doing enough to make more radars (detection devices) or battleships (remedies) and people were at risk of dying because FDR wasn't doing enough.

 

 

 

 

It's not political bias, I mean there is some, but not current research.

 

It started off as the Wuhan virus, then somehow it turned out that saying the name of the district is racist, even though Chinese isn't technically a race anyways, but that's besides the point.

 

The mortality rate of the COVID19 is less than your typical seasonal flu, hardly anyone is reporting on that. This virus has shown to be substantially less viable in warm dry climates, so as summer roles around, this virus will become less viable and therefore reduce contraction rates. 

 

Yes a pandemic is big deal, but this isn't a shutdown the world and collapse of human society situation, anymore than your typical seasonal flu should be. This thing just hit at the right time. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

It's not political bias, I mean there is some, but not current research.

 

It started off as the Wuhan virus, then somehow it turned out that saying the name of the district is racist, even though Chinese isn't technically a race anyways, but that's besides the point.

 

The mortality rate of the COVID19 is less than your typical seasonal flu, hardly anyone is reporting on that. This virus has shown to be substantially less viable in warm dry climates, so as summer roles around, this virus will become less viable and therefore reduce contraction rates. 

 

Yes a pandemic is big deal, but this isn't a shutdown the world and collapse of human society situation, anymore than your typical seasonal flu should be. This thing just hit at the right time. 

 

 

Since there is no remedy, testing is really a bit moot at this point.  You're either bad enough to be hospitalized (by being short of breath) or you're not, whether you are tested for it or not.  IOW, if you test positive but are not bad enough to be hospitalized, the treatment, go home and isolate, is the same as the prevention.

 

When we get a viable remedy, then testing becomes more useful because we can knock out the virus in mild cases.  If the drugs can be produced fast enough.  Until then, stay home as much as possible.

 

The re calibration of production facilities to fight a war take time to implement.  Just like they did in 1941.  And every country wants those products, not just the USA.  In the meantime, isolate yourself as much as possible, wash your hands, and keep your fingers out of your nose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

 

Since there is no remedy, testing is really a bit moot at this point.  You're either bad enough to be hospitalized (by being short of breath) or you're not, whether you are tested for it or not.  IOW, if you test positive but are not bad enough to be hospitalized, the treatment, go home and isolate, is the same as the prevention.

 

When we get a viable remedy, then testing becomes more useful because we can knock out the virus in mild cases.  If the drugs can be produced fast enough.  Until then, stay home as much as possible.

 

The re calibration of production facilities to fight a war take time to implement.  Just like they did in 1941.  And every country wants those products, not just the USA.  In the meantime, isolate yourself as much as possible, wash your hands, and keep your fingers out of your nose.

 

Absolutely correct. All these people, wearing masks and gloves, but still touch their face, is pointless and just spreading panic. Heck the masks are useless after about an hour anyways, less so if you breath more through your mouth and produce more moisture. 

 

pointless to test unless you're pretty sure you have it anyways. 

 

The bigger issue we just realized, is that much of our medicine is produced in China. Talk about an instability and national security risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, SteelCityColt said:

 

You'd be fortunate to have reached the tipping point for the virus alone (recovery outstripping confirmed cases) within a month, let alone see a return to full normality. The economic and sociological effects will be felt for a good long while. 

 

I'm not sure how much awareness there is in the US in just how poor the government's response has been to all this. So far the modelling suggests you're going to be looking more like Italy than China. This is calm before the storm, believe me. I'm not an epidemiologist, but I do work for the NHS at a pretty senior level I'm living the operational data day to day. 

 

 

lol, working for NHS but condescendingly talking about response?

:pkb:

 

The UK has been the slowest to respond and take action because the NHS was so inadequately prepared and under-funded for this. Before you say anything, I live here in the UK and am dealing with it just like you. 

 

Of all European countries, the UK has been the slowest to put in measures. The PM even came out and just blatantly said, (paraphrase) 'some of our loved ones will die, but we will continue to drive on.'

 

Postponed closing schools because they didn't want to affect work and put more strain on the NHS for increased testing. 

 

That's why the policy is if your sick, stay home unless your old or have an immuno-deficiency. 

China has been the worst of all, they knew about this virus back in November and did not take measures until the global community pressured them, after it already spread to multiple nations.

 

Coincidentally, the Chinese scientist that came out and whistle-blowed how he warned the Chinese government back in November and they did nothing....caught corona a died.

 

For the US, only .01% of the population has it and only 471 deaths.

For the UK, .08% of the population has it and 665 have died.

 

Those who live in glass houses.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, SteelCityColt said:

 

we're already at the point of having to change clinical guidelines and potentially withhold treatment rather than compromise someone's immune system. Wider scale, as services are put under more pressure, you will hit the point where hard caps are put in as to who is and isn't treated. I.e. people who are normal circumstance may well have lived with intervention, may not. 

 

Let's be honest, you guys have been doing that before this situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, aaron11 said:

zero chance it will be over in a month globally. the bigger markets and more crowded countries are going to be dealing with this for months, it could span into next year

 

places like indiana might be able to recover faster but  the 500 in late may is very much in jeopardy 

Months yes, next year though?  No, the virus's viability is drastically reduced in warmer drier climates. It will be a minimal nuisance by the end of the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:37 PM, NFLfan said:

 

Do you really believe that? Read some of the posts here. At least one person said that this will die in a month or so (I'm paraphrasing).

Oh..no doubt there are individuals that aren't. I mean honestly we have seen some pretty dumb takes on a WHOLE HOST of topics over the years on this forum. Just because a few people aren't doesn't mean the gov't and leaders and our medical community and society (as a whole) aren't.

 

I'm pretty encouraged by the responses by our leaders in the private sector and the direction the govt is taking. Companies and people see a need..they see how they can fill that need and they get cracking. This whole issue shows the positives and sometimes negatives of capitalism. Negatives of course being price gouging and how crippling people being laid off and quickly the economy can be shut down but positives of where we see companies all over the country realize where there is demand and need they can quickly turn their production lines to producing what there is great demand for. What makes it great is that it isn't the govt coming in and mandating changes/taking over...these are people that have much better expertise in how to efficiently and effectively produce goods and services unleashed to meet the needs of the public and community...and yes they get compensated for it. In the long run the advances in study in viruses and medicine will be jump started from this. The advances and unleashing tele-md and fast tracking life saving medicines hopefully will benefit. It goes on and on. We will come out stronger because of it and hopefully society will have learned a lesson as well about caring for those in need and less fortunate and those we often overlook like our elderly. I don't take this lightly when I say this will be a net positive for the country.

 

There are some people that don't understand that in a case like this...over-reaction will be what saves lives and brings this to an end sooner. Hopefully we also learn that it will be the actions of all of us...families, caregivers, production workers, grocery stockers, delivery men and so on can band together and be the ones that make a difference...and while I appreciate the steps the govt is taking...the best thing they have done is slow it's spread into the country and then freeing the private sector to make solutions for us. I wish they would have done that sooner but as much as we are disgusted sometimes by huge corporations and drug companies etc they are the ones right now at the forefront providing solutions and products to fight this. Hope we realize that answers often don't lie with the govt and giving more power to them and putting more assets of our precious society in their control but the free markets and ingenuity of it's citizens. They already control so much and they show time and time again that they are often poor stewards and poor at providing answers and solutions. Thankfully we continue to have one of the strongest and brightest economies in the world to lean on in helping get us through this time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

lol, working for NHS but condescendingly talking about response?

:pkb:

 

The UK has been the slowest to respond and take action because the NHS was so inadequately prepared and under-funded for this. Before you say anything, I live here in the UK and am dealing with it just like you. 

 

Of all European countries, the UK has been the slowest to put in measures. The PM even came out and just blatantly said, (paraphrase) 'some of our loved ones will die, but we will continue to drive on.'

 

Postponed closing schools because they didn't want to affect work and put more strain on the NHS for increased testing. 

 

That's why the policy is if your sick, stay home unless your old or have an immuno-deficiency. 

China has been the worst of all, they knew about this virus back in November and did not take measures until the global community pressured them, after it already spread to multiple nations.

 

Coincidentally, the Chinese scientist that came out and whistle-blowed how he warned the Chinese government back in November and they did nothing....caught corona a died.

 

For the US, only .01% of the population has it and only 471 deaths.

For the UK, .08% of the population has it and 665 have died.

 

Those who live in glass houses.

 

To me, what is irritating is that the media has to continually go down the path of "this could have happened, that could have happened" and disrupting the unity of thought. How is it useful except for some nonsensical click baits (he said this, she said that)? Is anyone doing that in Italy or Spain? The media is not crucifying them for letting it get to this level, are they? The reason is there is a time for reflection and finger pointing, and there is a time for recognizing water under the bridge and focusing more on actions moving forward to save people's lives.

 

Gone are the days of just reporting the facts without a slant, disgusting.

 

How about dealing with what is going on "now" and what should be done for the "future"!!!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh..no doubt there are individuals that aren't. I mean honestly we have seen some pretty dumb takes on a WHOLE HOST of topics over the years on this forum. 

 

paragraph and points of discussion breaks my man, totally helps in ease of reading. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Absolutely correct. All these people, wearing masks and gloves, but still touch their face, is pointless and just spreading panic. Heck the masks are useless after about an hour anyways, less so if you breath more through your mouth and produce more moisture. 

 

pointless to test unless you're pretty sure you have it anyways. 

 

The bigger issue we just realized, is that much of our medicine is produced in China. Talk about an instability and national security risk.

It looks like a very strong remedy is the anti-malaria drug combined with a typical ZPAK.  If that's the case, its likely that every other country will hoard those pills and we will be in short supply.

 

Hopefully Dr.Funechi will acknowledge the success before his cherished scientific methods are implemented in too much detail.  Too slow.  Too late for many. 

 

A test that takes only 45 minutes, which sounds like could be available in some places later this week, combined with a prescription that requires taking two pills, could reduce this pandemic to about the same level as seasonal flu. 

 

Crossing fingers, but if that happens life could get back to looking like something more reasonable.

 

And keeping the thread on topic, it could result in the NFL season starting normally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

To me, what is irritating is that the media has to continually go down the path of "this could have happened, that could have happened" and disrupting the unity of thought. How is it useful except for some nonsensical click baits (he said this, she said that)? Is anyone doing that in Italy or Spain? The media is not crucifying them for letting it get to this level, are they? The reason is there is a time for reflection and finger pointing, and there is a time for recognizing water under the bridge and focusing more on actions moving forward to save people's lives.

 

Gone are the days of just reporting the facts without a slant, disgusting.

 

How about dealing with what is going on "now" and what should be done for the "future"!!!

 

 

Ya, go back and point fingers after the dust settles, people want stand and point fingers than lend a hand and help put out the fire.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

lol, working for NHS but condescendingly talking about response?

:pkb:

 

The UK has been the slowest to respond and take action because the NHS was so inadequately prepared and under-funded for this. Before you say anything, I live here in the UK and am dealing with it just like you. 

 

Of all European countries, the UK has been the slowest to put in measures. The PM even came out and just blatantly said, (paraphrase) 'some of our loved ones will die, but we will continue to drive on.'

 

Postponed closing schools because they didn't want to affect work and put more strain on the NHS for increased testing. 

 

That's why the policy is if your sick, stay home unless your old or have an immuno-deficiency. 

China has been the worst of all, they knew about this virus back in November and did not take measures until the global community pressured them, after it already spread to multiple nations.

 

Coincidentally, the Chinese scientist that came out and whistle-blowed how he warned the Chinese government back in November and they did nothing....caught corona a died.

 

For the US, only .01% of the population has it and only 471 deaths.

For the UK, .08% of the population has it and 665 have died.

 

Those who live in glass houses.

.08 per cent of the UK population is 52,800. They have 5,683 cases. Your figures are miles off. They also have less then 300 deaths. Not 665.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

It looks like a very strong remedy is the anti-malaria drug combined with a typical ZPAK.  If that's the case, its likely that every other country will hoard those pills and we will be in short supply.

 

Hopefully Dr.Funechi will acknowledge the success before his cherished scientific methods are implemented in too much detail.  Too slow.  Too late for many. 

 

A test that takes only 45 minutes, which sounds like could be available in some places later this week, combined with a prescription that requires taking two pills, could reduce this pandemic to about the same level as seasonal flu. 

 

Crossing fingers, but if that happens life could get back to looking like something more reasonable.

 

And keeping the thread on topic, it could result in the NFL season starting normally.

 

Forget those malaria pills man. Terrible on your stomach and liver, especially mefloquine. Took those things on numerous occasions during deployments. 

 

ZPAK is the go to anti-viral, but handing them things out like candy help to develop viruses that are resistant, that's why they try to not give out so many. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

Forget those malaria pills man. Terrible on your stomach and liver, especially mefloquine. Took those things on numerous occasions during deployments. 

 

ZPAK is the go to anti-viral, but handing them things out like candy help to develop viruses that are resistant, that's why they try to not give out so many. 

Well, I'll let the medical professionals determine the health risks and at what point in a patient's ailment cycle they should be given.  Still, most people afflicted with Covid-19 seem to recover on their own so even after they test positive, they may not be prescribed the remedy until necessary.

 

The issue is that other countries may find that it works because their standards are lower, so they will drain the world's supply of these drugs and we will be late to the party, especially if the drugs are not produced in the USA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Good news for Jack!  No sign of Rock out there, tho.
    • No, but there are some questionable ideas on this board....just sayin...
    • Try the Portland area in Oregon. We are still at stage 1, and our cases are very low. 
    • He inherited a team with a franchise level QB, and in Ballard's three seasons as GM prior to 2020, that QB played 16 games. Not to mention the other nonsense and drama that's happened. Ballard has been dealt a rough hand to start his tenure as GM.   That said, the winning has to start this year. He's completely revamped the roster, he's chosen and invested in a QB (still a bridge, but Rivers was brought in to help elevate the offense, so Ballard and Reich will be judged on how this move plays out), and he's selected a coaching staff. The drama is done. Now it's time for results on the field. 
    • Hilton is only 30 years old. I don't think he is washed up by any means. Especially not with him saying that he legitimately feels the best he has felt in his career.    I played WR and receivers go through dry spells. Sometimes it's your fault & sometimes it is not.    The two drops at the end of week 1 were both tightly contested. It's not like he was wide open. However; he's a great receiver and should of caught them.    He should of caught the deep pass. No excuses. However; let's give him the benefit of the doubt.   Now, if he plays the next 3-4 games like the first two, I'll be worried.    I'm not even sure if we resign him if he is asking for $15 million+ per year. However; people saying that he's washed is ridiculous.    Michael Thomas had an awful week 1. Is he washed?
  • Members

    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 11,522

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 916

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Virtuoso80

      Virtuoso80 537

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Smoke317

      Smoke317 1,207

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FastStarts

      FastStarts 69

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,469

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrichard

      cjrichard 100

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,104

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 4,220

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 4,150

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...