Indianapolis Colts
ThorstenDenmark

Prepare for NO NFL Football this year.

56 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

I have no problem believing China's numbers are dodgy. 

That wasn't really my point. 

What was your point?

22 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

One swallow does not an end of pandemic make. Other countries saw similar dips followed by ramp ups on subsequent days. 

Do you ever own when you state something as fact and get it debunked? I mean it's happened a lot in this topic and you conveniently ignore it. Then you wonder why people get frustrated with you. 

You  don’t live in the USA? Is that right.

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

the problem is even if the cases are slowing in NY they aren’t in other parts of the country

There were 16 new cases in SW Indiana and Western Ky. and about 100 new cases in Indiana today

One of the Ky cases was a 21 yo who got at a Coronavirus party

New cases doesn’t mean new infections. Keep that in mind. Use means we are testing more.  

The fact they are down today in NY is a good thing. Anyone that wants to put a damper on that is ridiculous. We will see what happens the next few days.

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

the problem is even if the cases are slowing in NY they aren’t in other parts of the country

There were 16 new cases in SW Indiana and Western Ky. and about 100 new cases in Indiana today

One of the Ky cases was a 21 yo who got at a Coronavirus party

We’ve had a reported death of a 21 year old with no underlying conditions. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

New cases doesn’t mean new infections. Keep that in mind. Use means we are testing more.  

The fact they are down today in NY is a good thing. Anyone that wants to put a damper on that is ridiculous. We will see what happens the next few days.

They are 49 other states and it does matter

I am a Hoosier not a New Yorker and I am always concerned about what happens to my neighbors

As @Nadine said earlier today I am worried about Indiana and my fellow Hoosiers

I can tell you what will happen the positive tests and deaths will continue to rise in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

We’ve had a reported death of a 21 year old with no underlying conditions. 

Not good

It is bad and I fear it will get worse

In about a week it went from Zero cases to 50+ in the Tri-State 

I have begun to isolate myself from the news since I can’t handle things well

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

They are 49 other states and it does matter

I am a Hoosier not a New Yorker and I am always concerned about what happens to my neighbors

As @Nadine said earlier today I am worried about Indiana and my fellow Hoosiers

I can tell you what will happen the positive tests and deaths will continue to rise in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee 

Most of the other states aren’t seeing anything like NY.  Where I live in Indiana my county I don’t believe has reported any new cases today and has only 7.  I can tell your worried. That is a very normal reaction. I will pray for everyone.  All we can do is protect ourselves as much as possible and try not to put others at risk. As a nation we will come out just as strong as we were before. 

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Most of the other states aren’t seeing anything like NY.  Where I live in Indiana my county I don’t believe has reported any new cases today and has only 7.  I can tell your worried. That is a very normal reaction. I will pray for everyone.  All we can do is protect ourselves as much as possible and try not to put others at risk. As a nation we will come out just as strong as we were before. 

To protect ourselves we must do what Governors Holcomb,Beshear,Pritzker, DeWine, and others have proclaimed and stay in home

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

To protect ourselves we must do what Governors Holcomb,Breshear, Pritzker, DeWine, and others have proclaimed and stay in home

For now. Eventually things have to start going because we can’t sustain more then a month or so. Like I said some things won’t come back for a long while. No sporting events, concerts, ect. We will need to keep groups small and continue the social distancing for a long while. But as far as businesses that are being shut down by Gov that can only last so long.  The balance has to be found and it will be found.

I have been through lot in my life. A four month hospital stay and almost dying. Nothing really panics me. I control what I can control.

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

To protect ourselves we must do what Governors Holcomb,Beshear,Pritzker, DeWine, and others have proclaimed and stay in home

For a few weeks sure, for months? Not happening can't afford to.  I have health problems of my own but I can't just go broke sitting at home.

We already have record unemployment and a stock market barely hanging on to the hope of a stimulus.  They would have to give everyone a lot of money if they expect us to stay home for months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Sorry what I should of said  deaths are down 75% today compared to yesterday in NY.  New cases are also down. Going to be interesting to follow that. Especially since they started those trials yesterday. Doctor said on tv they are seeing less cases in NY that require hospital.

Yes Chloe.  Of course the levels can ebb and flow so you can't make a trend with just a few numbers, but I think you're noticing the same thing I am.  The media is focusing on testing and then infection rate, like this is some Bond movie nerve gas that causes death just by being infected.  Most cases resolve themselves with little or no hospitalization. 

Maybe we'll work on a treatment and will never find a good one.  Maybe society has a new ailment that can't be treated well.  Does the government impose martial law to keep things shut down until people stop dying.....from this?   

People die from obesity and heart disease. From strokes.  From Lupus.  Lingering ailments and deaths that have no cure that people die from all of the time and the economy and people go on their daily lives hoping they don't get it and take preventative measures against getting it.  Science is still working on a cure while people die from those ailments.  Maybe we'll just have to accept that for this one too.  Maybe all we can do is to make 50 times the ventilators we used too year after year.

I hope it doesn't come down to where people are going to criticize government policy because "too many" people died, or those officials being blamed for anybody who got infected one day after the ban.

For now. Eventually things have to start going because we can’t sustain more then a month or so. Like I said some things won’t come back for a long while. No sporting events, concerts, ect. We will need to keep groups small and continue the social distancing for a long while. But as far as businesses that are being shut down by Gov that can only last so long.  The balance has to be found and it will be found.

I have been through lot in my life. A four month hospital stay and almost dying. Nothing really panics me. I control what I can control.

Under state of emergencies The Government can shut down businesses for however too go they want

Lincoln canceled Habeas Corpus

Try living with physical issues for your entire life

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

For a few weeks sure, for months? Not happening can't afford to.  I have health problems of my own but I can't just go broke sitting at home.

We already have record unemployment and a stock market barely hanging on to the hope of a stimulus.  They would have to give everyone a lot of money if they expect us to stay home for months

Every state has fastracked unemployment claims and the new stimulus bill forbids laying off of people and provides financial assistance for almost everyone

Every state has fastrack unemployment claims and the new stimulus bill forbids laying off of people and provides financial assistance for almost everyone

i was laid off before this ever happened it's really a mess.  Unemployment Won't do it it's going to take a whole lot of stimulus if this goes on for a long time.  That could cause a big inflation problem too

I don't think the president will sit back and let that happen on his watch even if it means taking a risk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Every state has fastracked unemployment claims and the new stimulus bill forbids laying off of people and provides financial assistance for almost everyone

Doesn’t matter. Jobs just don’t come back after being closed for months. I do think the stimulus is doing a lot of good to keep small business open and employees off the unemployment roles. But we still can’t sustain this.  

I am mostly worried about retail and service workers. They will be hit the hardest.  If they do lose their jobs then they have no health insurance.

Just now, aaron11 said:

i was laid off before this ever happened it's really a mess.  Unemployment Won't do it it's going to take a whole lot of stimulus if this goes on for a long time.  That could cause a big inflation problem too

I don't think the president will sit back and let that happen on his watch even if it means taking a risk

The President has little to do with it since it is a state to state and local jurisdiction thing

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

What people don’t understand is  Trump is a problem solver. Give him a problem and he will solve it in ways you couldn’t imagine.  We have a business man as prez. He will find the balance of keeping people as safe as he can while getting business opened again. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The President has little to do with it since it is a state to state and local jurisdiction thing

While I agree with this and we need to be more pro active in certain areas. If trump and his team are making plans to get people back to work and getting info out on how to keep yourself safe,  people in most areas are not going to put up with gov strict actions if they don’t see a plan to end it or a reason why. You can’t keep people from there right to work and not give them a plan on how they are going to go back or how long.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He has a lot to do with it as far as the economy goes 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Doesn’t matter. Jobs just don’t come back after being closed for months. I do think the stimulus is doing a lot of good to keep small business open and employees off the unemployment roles. But we still can’t sustain this.  

I am mostly worried about retail and service workers. They will be hit the hardest.  If they do lose their jobs then they have no health insurance.

We are not even at a month and most businesses are still open 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

He has a lot to do with it as far as the economy goes 

wrong john c mcginley GIF
     The Governors and local leaders put the stay at home orders in place and are the only one s who cab lift them

Except retail stores like kohl’s don’t sell food so they are not open. So the employees who work in their retail stores aren’t working. I did hear they are paying everyone for two weeks. They shut down temp before this hit the fan for two weeks.  I order stuff from a CA company. Because they ship out of CA they can’t even keep their online business open. Eventually this has a ripple effect. I think states like CA went to far with their order. Indiana order is only through April 8th I believe. I am not sure in CA even has a date.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

While I agree with this and we need to be more pro active in certain areas. If trump and his team are making plans to get people back to work and getting info out on how to keep yourself safe,  people in most areas are not going to put up with gov strict actions if they don’t see a plan to end it or a reason why. You can’t keep people from there right to work and not give them a plan on how they are going to go back or how long.

Yes they can 

• Like 1

They are open but no one in my field is hiring now.  They are in real danger of going out of business, the market is killing them. I can't just work at a grocery store either I have respiratory problems myself.

• Like 1

Except retail stores like kohl’s don’t sell food so they are not open. So the employees who work in their retail stores aren’t working. I did hear they are paying everyone for two weeks. They shut down temp before this hit the fan for two weeks.  I order stuff from a CA company. Because they ship out of CA they can’t even keep their online business open. Eventually this has a ripple effect. I think states like CA went to far with their order. Indiana order is only through April 8th I believe. I am not sure in CA even has a date.

Heard this all yesterday

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

wrong john c mcginley GIF
     The Governors and local leaders put the stay at home orders in place and are the only one s who cab lift them

What does that really mean though?  Lots of people are out in my area right now.  My problem is with the economy

Its not wrong tons of people are out there

Yes they can 

It won’t jive with people that live there. Eventually there will be pressure and they will have no choice. You can’t tell people to lock down with no plan to end it.

Makes me wonder how we ever survived Sars and the swine flu without shutting everything down.

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

What does that really mean though?  Lots of people are out in my area right now.  My problem is with the economy

Businesses are already rioting against it. So bad the mayor of LA had to tell business If they don’t shut down he will shut off the utilities. They are over reaching  so bad and taking away people’s lively hood.

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

States and local governments have as much if not more power than the executive branch

Gov Holcomb had the right answer when he said he ordered food from Indy area restaurants every day

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

They are open but no one in my field is hiring now.  They are in real danger of going out of business, the market is killing them. I can't just work at a grocery store either I have respiratory problems myself.

This. If they aren’t getting business they are going to let a lot of people go.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What people don’t understand is  Trump is a problem solver. Give him a problem and he will solve it in ways you couldn’t imagine.  We have a business man as prez. He will find the balance of keeping people as safe as he can while getting business opened again. 

My comment here is not politics.  Its broader. 

I seriously don't care for it when somebody gets continuously gets picked on for made up reasons.  Its pretty obvious when a person is exaggerating something just to justify it.  It just makes me wonder what the motivation is to do that.  Seem so unreasonable, and even reasonable people like scientists are capable of doing it.

Its like school kids picking on that one kid because all of the cool kids pick on that one kid.  They're one of the cool kids if they pick on the guy, so they find a reason to do it.

Even you get picked on in this forum for exaggerated reasons.  I don't like it.

• Like 2

So, are we still talking about how we'll prepare ourselves if there's no NFL season this year or is this topic in the wrong section? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

So, are we still talking about how we'll prepare ourselves if there's no NFL season this year or is this topic in the wrong section? 

You are right, this is way off topic

Closing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Final last word for a derailed topic--

• Like 1