Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Possible Even With A Rookie Qb?

horseshoepower

Have you seen what the Texans have done? They list Ryan's and Williams... there's a saying that goes "your defense is only as strong as your MLB" and Ryan's was one of the best.

Have you not been paying attention to what the colts have been doing?The colts have basically gotten tougher ,bigger and better. Now they'll have a scrambling QB who's very accurate be it Griffin or Luck. Dallas always got manhandled when blocking so he wasn't needed, the colts need a good blocking and receiving TE which they will get.

As foe WRs they're like RBs, if you have a good QB and a decent WR they can do damage so that's the last thing the colts need to worry about that.

how so? i mean sure, we have signed a couple bigger guys...but they have yet to play a single down for us.

On offense, i said that i DO think that Luck will become a very good QB in the NFL...but we're talking about his rookie season/this coming year...and as of now, our 3 WRs are Wayne, Collie and Blair White...our only real TE is Brody Eldridge...and who will be our starting C on the o line? So we replaced Melvin on D with a better player (who is still back up quality, although much much better than Melvin)...and we signed one bigger guy to play DE in a 3-4...what else have we done to make you think that we're going to be in the playoffs and have a stellar D next year?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen what the Texans have done? They list Ryan's and Williams... there's a saying that goes "your defense is only as strong as your MLB" and Ryan's was one of the best.

Have you not been paying attention to what the colts have been doing?The colts have basically gotten tougher ,bigger and better. Now they'll have a scrambling QB who's very accurate be it Griffin or Luck. Dallas always got manhandled when blocking so he wasn't needed, the colts need a good blocking and receiving TE which they will get.

As foe WRs they're like RBs, if you have a good QB and a decent WR they can do damage so that's the last thing the colts need to worry about that.

Dont get me wrong, i do like the direction that we're headed and i like a lot of the moves we've made (minus the release of the best QB of all time)...i just think that it will take a couple years to turn it around...i dont see the moves that we've made as being enough to take us from 2-14 to being in the playoffs....and you mention Houston as your example...if my memory serves correctly, they finished 2010 with a lot better than a 2-14 record, so its not a good comparison

Dont get me wrong, i do like the direction that we're headed and i like a lot of the moves we've made (minus the release of the best QB of all time)...i just think that it will take a couple years to turn it around...i dont see the moves that we've made as being enough to take us from 2-14 to being in the playoffs....and you mention Houston as your example...if my memory serves correctly, they finished 2010 with a lot better than a 2-14 record, so its not a good comparison

You should probably look at the background of some of the players, likenbach is literally poo justice is leaps and bounds better than he is... I think your down playing some of the players too much. The colts just replaced Saturday with Samson whose great at run blocking. As of right now the colts have he best tandem rushing LBs in freeney and Mathis, on of the best rushing DEs last year... and they have a very good MLB... in 2010 the Texans didn't make the playoffs did they?

The Texans will take a step back next year. They've lost 2 linemen, teams will be better prepared for their defense, and they lost Super Mario...yes I know he was hurt last year but still......

I really could see this team, with a rooke QB, making some kind of a push for the division. Heck we beat them last year!!! With Big Danny O!!!

The Texans will take a step back next year. They've lost 2 linemen, teams will be better prepared for their defense, and they lost Super Mario...yes I know he was hurt last year but still......

I really could see this team, with a rooke QB, making some kind of a push for the division. Heck we beat them last year!!! With Big Danny O!!!

Our division sucks. Which is good. We need to win a few of those games.

You should probably look at the background of some of the players, likenbach is literally poo justice is leaps and bounds better than he is... I think your down playing some of the players too much. The colts just replaced Saturday with Samson whose great at run blocking. As of right now the colts have he best tandem rushing LBs in freeney and Mathis, on of the best rushing DEs last year... and they have a very good MLB... in 2010 the Texans didn't make the playoffs did they?

did they make the playoffs? no...did they win a lot more than 2 games? yes

its crazy to claim that we have 2 of the best rushing LBs when you're talking about 2 guys who have never even played the position! and to say we have a very good MLB, is also just guess work, as he's not played in a 3-4 before either.

I dont recall claiming that Linkenbach was any good, so i'm not sure where that argument is based? i didnt expect Linkenbach to be the starter next year anyhow, i expect the starting RT to be Ijalana. SO if you're touting the fact that we upgraded some back up O line spots, then ok, i agree that we have.

as for the new C for the line, he may be good at run blocking...its yet to be seen how he works with the o line that we end up putting out there as our starters...and to so easily dismiss Jeff Saturday's experience and knowledge is just silly.

so, like i've said all along and will keep saying, in 2 or 3 years i expect the Colts to contend for the division....but next year i expect us to win about 4 games.

A lot of the people who expect us to be surprisingly good next year and compete for the playoffs, are the same people who thought we could finish with a good record last year. I applaud the fact that you love our team and imagine us doing great things this coming season...but i just hope that when it doesnt happen for a couple years, that people arent too hard on Luck and the rest of the team. It takes TIME for players to develop and to grow together into a TEAM and not just a bunch of parts that are put together without any experience playing TOGETHER

Since it's March everything is hypothetical, A year ago did anyone think the Colts would be on the bottom in 2011 and the Bengals & Texans would be playing the opening of the wildcard round? Things can change in a hurry A injury to Tom Brady next time I'm positive 11-5 won't happen not with the defense the Patriots have I'm not sure they are going to be that great next year even with Brady. I look around at some of the teams that should be better next year most are in the NFC (Bears,Panthers,Rams,Eagles,) you have to put the Broncos, Steelers,Ravens, Texans as the complete AFC teams, there are a lot of teams that seem to be mediocre that could go up or down Jets,Raiders,Chargers,Chiefs,Titans,Bengals...so many games can come down to a field goal and that is an area where we have a legend. We had a lot of bad luck last year maybe things will change. on a negative note losing a veteran center like Saturday will not help this offense at all.