Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suddenly quiet in Coltsland

WoolMagnet

3 hours ago, Myles said:

You mean thinking that they can be Super Bowl ready in the next 4 years.  he'll be here for 4 years.  A DT at 13 may not even make the roster to start.   Very rare they they would play to an all pro level.   

You forget Rivers MVP level of play in 2018.   Also he is going from one of the worst O-lines to one of the best.   Hines is going to thrive in a Rivers led offense.  

So if you think this team isn't good, are you hoping for them to tank?

Why do you think Rivers was contemplating retiring before we offered him 25 mil. He is washed up has been that has never won any important games in his career. All I am saying is if you make the deal for Buckner you have keep spending and go for it. There are a lot of areas that we need improved on

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BigO said:

Why do you think Rivers was contemplating retiring before we offered him 25 mil. He is washed up has been that has never won any important games in his career. All I am saying is if you make the deal for Buckner you have keep spending and go for it. There are a lot of areas that we need improved on

people said the same thing about Manning.  Rivers is no Manning, but he is much better than Brissett.   

Buckner is not on a 1 year deal, so this is not an "all in" season to win now or else.  The team is still being built, but can compete now.   I love that.  10-11 wins is not out of the question as it is for many teams.

9 hours ago, BigO said:

Maybe he was contemplating retirement because he was tired of playing for a team that couldn't seem to protect him? 

Sounds familiar don't ya think? 

10 hours ago, BigO said:

Rivers wasn’t contemplating retirement because HE wanted to retire.   He was contemplating because, at his age,  he didn’t know how other teams would view him?    Hard to see your own future if no one offers you a job.

Once FA began, Rivers was ready to go. Once he signed, he’s already talking about playing two more years.  

Without getting into how good or bad Rivers will be, I think you reached the wrong conclusion. 

On 3/20/2020 at 7:32 PM, Rackeen305 said:

All the national people are saying the same as I (S.A.S, Pat McAfee, Luis Reddick, Dan Dachich, etc). Rivers is a turn over machine. JB was playing extremely well prior to the injury now certain people wanna throw him away after his injury but give countless chances to 35, and 40+ year old AARP card holders. 

BTW, The colts were 5-2 prior to the Steelers week 9 game. Over the first 7 games, the The Colts with JB beat the Chiefs at Arrow Head and Houston!. The Superbowl goes through Mahomes. Rivers cant beat Mahomes. JB has already done that.

Sure he can, he did it in a Primetime game played in KC, Week 15 of the 2018 season:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018121300/2018/REG15/chargers@chiefs

10 hours ago, BigO said:

It tells me that he’s proud of his career to this point and that he doesn’t care about individual records.  He’s only 23 touchdown passes behind Hall of Famer Dan Marino for #5 all time – the last time he threw less than that many in a season was more than a dozen years ago.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Rivers wasn’t contemplating retirement because HE wanted to retire.   He was contemplating because, at his age,  he didn’t know how other teams would view him?    Hard to see your own future if no one offers you a job.

Once FA began, Rivers was ready to go. Once he signed, he’s already talking about playing two more years.  

Without getting into how good or bad Rivers will be, I think you reached the wrong conclusion. 

The colts were the only team interested in Rivers. Maybe that should tell you something.

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

The colts were the only team interested in Rivers. Maybe that should tell you something.

he was our best option, except maybe for brady who is even older and wanted a longer contract. how many teams wanted to make jb their starter?

1 hour ago, BigO said:

Got any proof of that?    Nope.    

Teams knew Indy was where he would end up.   His Reich connection solidified it.   

7 hours ago, Myles said:

people said the same thing about Manning.  Rivers is no Manning, but he is much better than Brissett.   

Buckner is not on a 1 year deal, so this is not an "all in" season to win now or else.  The team is still being built, but can compete now.   I love that.  10-11 wins is not out of the question as it is for many teams.

C'mon Myles.  Stop feeding the troll.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you are Phillip Rivers agent now?  

Name me another team that you heard was interested in Rivers. If you watch all the sports shows they all said the only team interested was the colts mainly because of Reich and Siri.

15 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Sure he can, he did it in a Primetime game played in KC, Week 15 of the 2018 season:

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018121300/2018/REG15/chargers@chiefs

Smh ok. Let's bring up Rivers from 2 years ago. I got it. By the way, the only people who has faith in Rivers are optimistic Colts fan. I'm a Colts fan but a realist first. I hope All goes well for the reason but realistically understand Rivers is done, just Mike Mike Greenberg, Luis Reddick, Dan Dachich, and just about everyone else who covers the NFL from ESPN, to the NFL Network.

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Smh ok. Let's bring up Rivers from 2 years ago. I got it. By the way, the only people who has faith in Rivers are optimistic Colts fan. I'm a Colts fan but a realist first. I hope All goes well for the reason but realistically understand Rivers is done, just Mike Mike Greenberg, Luis Reddick, Dan Dachich, and just about everyone else who covers the NFL from ESPN, to the NFL Network.

Only time will tell but till then, your crystal ball is on notice. :thinking:

6 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Pretty much everyone that works for ESPN and the NFL Network love the move and said it was a perfect fit. 3 people out of around 50 don't like it, the 3 guys you named lmao . Dan Dakich opinion when it comes to football is usually way off, he needs to stick to college basketball. Luis Reddick said Mitchell Trubisky would be a great NFL QB as well 2 years ago, that looks about silly now.

On 3/23/2020 at 4:47 PM, BigO said:

I would classify defeating the defending SuperBowl Champions at their house in the playoffs as an “important” game – or does that not count because his backup actually scored the winning points on a QB sneak after Philip threw 3 touchdowns passes before leaving the game with an injured knee?

17 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

All that matters is that Rivers is an improvement over Brissett.   No doubt about that.   Rivers worst season was better than Brissetts best season.   Rivers now has the best O-line he has ever had.  Optimism is understandable.  

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

All that matters is that Rivers is an improvement over Brissett.   No doubt about that.   Rivers best season was better than Brissetts worst season.   Rivers now has the best O-line he has ever had.  Optimism is understandable.  

Hmmm...I believe you might have that turned around, :) 

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Only time will tell but till then, your crystal ball is on notice. :thinking:

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty much everyone that works for ESPN and the NFL Network love the move and said it was a perfect fit. 3 people out of around 50 don't like it, the 3 guys you named lmao . Dan Dakich opinion when it comes to football is usually way off, he needs to stick to college basketball. Luis Reddick said Mitchell Trubisky would be a great NFL QB as well 2 years ago, that looks about silly now.

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

All that matters is that Rivers is an improvement over Brissett.   No doubt about that.   Rivers worst season was better than Brissetts best season.   Rivers now has the best O-line he has ever had.  Optimism is understandable.  

ALL IM SAYING IS, meet me here 1 year from now (baring everything works out with CoronaVirus). AS A MATTER OF FACT,

once the season has played out, can you all do me a favor?... Please generate a post that says "Rackeen305" was right about Philip Rivers, should have saved that money and built the team properly. Philip is trash can water.

I dont know how any can say 38 year old Philip (5-11) was a better QB in 2019 than an injured JB who went (5-2). "Rivers had a bad oline" are you guys kidding me? Rivers has had a better roster than the Colts 12 out of the past 14 years. Chargers has had more pro bowlers and All Pros than the Colts, and you want to tell me Rivers had a bad Oline. What about receivers, Rbs, Defense, Special teams, etc.?

I guess its all about Oline. lol Peyton barely had an oline. Furthermore Andrew Luck mostly played around a poor oline, and did he get a pass? Nope wo shy does Rivers get a pass when his team was stacked for years. Not including HOF players Ladanian Tomlinson, and Antonio Gates.

24 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

ALL IM SAYING IS, meet me here 1 year from now (baring everything works out with CoronaVirus). AS A MATTER OF FACT,

once the season has played out, can you all do me a favor?... Please generate a post that says "Rackeen305" was right about Philip Rivers, should have saved that money and built the team properly. Philip is trash can water.

I dont know how any can say 38 year old Philip (5-11) was a better QB in 2019 than an injured JB who went (5-2). "Rivers had a bad oline" are you guys kidding me? Rivers has had a better roster than the Colts 12 out of the past 14 years. Chargers has had more pro bowlers and All Pros than the Colts, and you want to tell me Rivers had a bad Oline. What about receivers, Rbs, Defense, Special teams, etc.?

I guess its all about Oline. lol Peyton barely had an oline. Furthermore Andrew Luck mostly played around a poor oline, and did he get a pass? Nope wo shy does Rivers get a pass when his team was stacked for years. Not including HOF players Ladanian Tomlinson, and Antonio Gates.

Good Post!

9 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

When we make the playoffs, you do the same admitting you were wrong. O.Line play is critical for Rivers because he isn't that mobile. We have one of the best, Chargers had one of the worst. It doesn't do any good to have weapons when your O.Line stinks. When Luck played he was real mobile and when Peyton played the O.Line wasn't great but respectable.

10 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Mark the date on your calendar, I already have.  You have 1 year to condition yourself to eat crow.

21 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Brissett went 7-8 in games he started.   

If you are going to post nonsense, at least get your facts correct.

We'll see you in a year, but I doubt you'll show up.  

On 3/24/2020 at 2:35 AM, Myles said:

Ok well said. And with that said, is it fair to say that this is the bar for Rivers to perform at with this Colts team this year? 10 or 11 wins?

If Rivers manage to get 10 or 11 wins with this team this year then the signing will be warranted. And believe it or not that's not a hugely high expectation for a him.

I've got a felling that by having JB on this team will serve itself priceless when the time is needed.

9 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Ok well said. And with that said, is it fair to say that this is the bar for Rivers to perform at with this Colts team this year? 10 or 11 wins?

If Rivers manage to get 10 or 11 wins with this team this year then the signing will be warranted. And believe it or not that's not a hugely high expectation for a him.

I've got a felling that by having JB on this team will serve itself priceless when the time is needed.

The Colts went 7-9 last season, but lost 4 games (LAC, PIT, MIA & TB) in large part due to kicking miscues – flip those to wins and that’s 11 (and the AFC South title) right there.

8 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

The Colts went 7-9 last season, but lost 4 games (LAC, PIT, MIA & TB) in large part due to kicking miscues – flip those to wins and that’s 11 (and the AFC South title) right there.

Everything that you said are FACTS. unfortunately those facts didn't work for jb (5-2). No one wants to admit that AV alone cost Colts at least 3 games starting from the Charges game where he missed a PAT. I said right then and there, "here we go, missing an extra point on the first game of the year. He clearly is washed up since last year's Chiefs game at Arrowhead where he missed kicks."

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If I remember correctly I thought CB had a press conference last year where he announced we were primarily done in FA and were moving on to the draft. I wonder if he would do the same thing this year just on Skype or some other remote means.  

Perhaps. Honestly if I were him I’d take advantage of the fact that facilities are closed and therefore leaks are less likely to happen. Keep the league guessing on what we do next. 

2 hours ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

You can’t even say that. He made it clear why he chose Indy so quick. To say no other team was interested in Rivers is laughable. 

So name me a team that you heard was interested

Archived