Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suddenly quiet in Coltsland

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much else to do now until the draft. Ballard finally gave everyone want we wanted as in spending money, getting a great 3Tech in a trade, a Vet QB who is an upgrade over JB, and re-signing AC for

Been watching highlights on him going back to college.  Dude not only is talented, but seems to play with a lot of fire and energy. Very high motor and plays full throttle until the whistle every snap

Buckner signing is tremendous. Can his influence on the d-line be similar to Q’s influence on the o-line?  If so, and the d-line becomes that good, it should positively impact the linebacker and secon

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't know what Ballard will be thinking but I would like him to draft Kmet if at all possible. 

Maybe if he is there at #44? 

I love Kmet. I'm still struggling with my top 3 picks, but I'd be happy to end up with him in Blue.

Here's my current (changes every hour lol) draft strategy.

A - If Love or Herbert fall, no brainer take here

B - BPA WR/OT/DT/TE

A - BPA from whatever you didn't take from 34B

A - Gordon if he is available

B - Hurts or Eason if no 75A

C - BPA from whatever you didn't take from 34B and 44A

Signing Rivers and Buckner frees us up to do so much with the first 3 picks.

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I expect CB to add his backup center, a backup T/G, and likely a safety very soon.
You would think a blocking TE also.

disagree on blocking TE. With Doyle and MAC likely to be back, I think you need a detached receiving TE.

28 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Everywhere except Walmart. 

I went there day before yesterday and it was a mad house. 

No meat, no butt wipe, no can goods and no cleaning supplies. 

I went to Walmart at 6:00 in the morning with my mom and aunt. We only found a little over half our lists, and the toilet paper was 1 package per customer. Was packed full of people, and a line of about 50 people were waiting to get in. Definitely a mad house here too.

Hope you're able to find the basic essentials ok. Only way to do it consistently IMO right now is to go early in the morning before they sell out.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not much else to do now until the draft. Ballard finally gave everyone want we wanted as in spending money, getting a great 3Tech in a trade, a Vet QB who is an upgrade over JB, and re-signing AC for 2 years. He can relax until the draft now.

Not much else to do?  Are you high?

We have zero proven depth behind Castonzo-Nelson-Kelly-Glowinski-Smith. Zero.  We need 4 guys there.

There are 4 qbs on the roster right now.  Something needs to be done there.

Who backs up Stewart at NT?

We have 2 tight ends, 1 of which is proven at the NFL level.

We have 4 wide receivers, 2 of which are proven at the NFL level (Pascal is even a stretch)

The safety position is deficient.

The draft will not even come close to addressing what needs addressed.  We have 6 draft picks, not 15.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, MacDee1975 said:

We have zero proven depth behind Castonzo-Nelson-Kelly-Glowinski-Smith. Zero.  We need 4 guys there.

We have 4 wide receivers, 2 of which are proven at the NFL level (Pascal is even a stretch)

The draft will not even come close to addressing what needs addressed.  We have 6 draft picks, not 15.  

we actually have 7 draft picks still. Two 2nds, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th, and two 6ths. Still in decent shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

we actually have 7 draft picks still. Two 2nds, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th, and two 6ths. Still in decent shape.

What happened to our 7th round pick? Also we lose our second 6th round pick from the Hairston trade

Just now, CR91 said:

What happened to our 7th round pick? Also we lose our second 6th round pick from the Hairston trade

Our 7th was upgraded to a 6th in the Evan Boehm trade. Yes, we lost the 6th rounder in the Nate Hairston trade. It was conditional.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Our 7th was upgraded to a 6th in the Evan Boehm trade. Yes, we lost the 6th rounder in the Nate Hairston trade. It was conditional.

Got it. :thmup:

• Like 1

I'm sure Ballard knows what he's doing by waiting, but I'd like to see another nose tackle to share snaps with Stewart and a resolution at end with either Sheard or someone else - that would pretty much lock in the defense, except for perhaps another corner or safety for depth.

If things dont de-escalate when it comes to the coronavirus I wouldnt be surprised to see the league year be suspended just like the NBA. These players arent even allowed to come in for a 1 on 1 physical because of this virus, and so far it hasn't slowed down much if at all. 

You all can pretend that the NFL will start week one, but unless they figure something out by training camp, there will be no training camp. There just wont be. This thing started in Dec and has only escalated. In 24 hours, over 400 more people have died in Italy related to Covid-19. 

The question is will this thing be on the down trend by July in about 4 and a half months? 

I guess we will see. 

I love the FA acquisitions so far. Looking forward to seeing them play this year! Go Colts, and be safe out there. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I didn't know that either.  Good.

Still those draft picks will not address our needs.  Still work to be done in free agency.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

I didn't know that either.  Good.

Still those draft picks will not address our needs.  Still work to be done in free agency.

It'd be nice if we could salary dump Brissett to re-sign a few FA Colts and get an additional need filled in FA. Right now, I just want to get a bunch of depth moves to go with the starters, and the draft can do the rest. Luckily, we have a good core.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Agree...there are several moves to be made...here is my hope:

- Figure out QB situation...ideally releasing Hoyer (could see him retiring) and trading JB.

- Sign DT depth...would love to get Andrew Billings to compete with Stewart at NT.

- Add a TE...would love to work out a trade for one of the young TEs...to give Rivers a proven playmaker

- Address WR in the draft...however...a cheap depth signing wouldn't hurt

- Sign a S...there are a handful available at various prices depending on what they are looking for

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I do think we still go after Berry, but are waiting to get him in for a physical

I just saw a tweet about this. He is a guy I would think this is a player they would want to actually work out and have their own doctors look at him. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Pretty sure Ebron burnt a bridge with the FO, but I'd love to see both sides put business first, and find a way to get a team friendly deal done.

I think they did burn a bridge 

Ebron. would seem to catch the hard passes but drop the easy

i hated it when they threw to him on 3rd down.....  he is a drive killer

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Take a look at the front page of the website.   They have a list on the status of all the Colts free agents.   There’s probably about 15-20 of them.  

Not much else left to do?”   

Come on now.    There’s plenty left to do.  But there’s always been a gap of a few days between wave 1 and wave 2.   Ballard let’s the asking price come down.   Been that way every FA season.   He’ll be back in signing mode soon enough. 

@MacDee1975, Looks like some didn't understand my post. Of course we have to re-sign our own and decide what we are going to do with JB, everyone knows that. What I meant by "not much else left to do" was signing anymore big name Free Agents outside of Indy, if anyone is expecting that it isn't happening folks, sorry.

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Haeg can play any position on the OL so I would say we should offer him a couple million to be a backup.  

I would have to ask Rivers how he feels about Inman.  He worked with him enough with the Chargers that if Rivers likes the guy I would say bring him back.  If Rivers isn't a huge fan than look at bringing back Funch.  

No sign DeMarcus Robinson 

6 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

It's all quiet everywhere. Drive around town and it's like having free reign of a post apocalyptic world  

I guess you must not be writing from a beach city in Florida. They're rockin with spring breaking Millenials.

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

they spent most of their money, i wouldnt expect any more big moves until if/when they do something with Jacoby.  if they keep him on his current contract they they are going to have to be frugal 

10 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Like Funchess, he's a body dropper. Throw it in front of him, or at eye level and above and he's fine. Just don't hit him in the numbers. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Dammit...CLE has been really busy. It's nice to have a QB on a rookie deal.

I had been hoping to get Billings for awhile. In fact, I had hoped Grigson would take Billings in the 2016 draft. Instead Grigson took Hassan Ridgeway as a DT just 6 picks before Billings was taken by the Bengals. Billings must be one strong dude. I think he set the 2016 combine record for presses.

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

I had been hoping to get Billings for awhile. In fact, I had hoped Grigson would take Billings in the 2016 draft. Instead Grigson took Hassan Ridgeway as a DT just 6 picks before Billings was taken by the Bengals. Billings must be one strong dude. I think he set the 2016 combine record for presses.

I wanted him too. He's a beast...and he's only 25. I think the difference between him and Stewart would have been very noticeable.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

That's why I would like Perriman.  Very sure handed.  Maybe one drop last year.  

39 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Dammit...CLE has been really busy. It's nice to have a QB on a rookie deal.

Cleveland winning yet another off-season. They need to win just a couple more and they might make the playoffs. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Cleveland winning yet another off-season. They need to win just a couple more and they might make the playoffs. 

They should have an off season Lombardi........ Cleveland would win most years.......

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Take a look at the front page of the website.   They have a list on the status of all the Colts free agents.   There’s probably about 15-20 of them.  

Not much else left to do?”   

Come on now.    There’s plenty left to do.  But there’s always been a gap of a few days between wave 1 and wave 2.   Ballard let’s the asking price come down.   Been that way every FA season.   He’ll be back in signing mode soon enough. 

This. 

Only difference is this time he had to act early to secure Rivers.  The top QB's were not going to wait until wave 2 to be signed.  The Buckner acquisition was a trade and not a FA signing.  It just coincided with the start of the legal tampering period.  I fully expect Ballard to follow his usual modus operandi when it comes to free agency from here on out.  

They said that fa announcements could Be delayed because of the coronavirus concerns players can’t take physicals with team because they can’t meet in person yet. The NFL doesn’t want announcements made until then.  But not saying anymore has been Done in fa by the Colts though

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

IF they could figure out how to hire good coaches...they would be a very good team. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

IF they could figure out how to hire good coaches...they would be a very good team. 

I agree... I actually really like a lot of the players they have. Lets see if Stefanski can do something good with them. 

5 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Ballard was very quiet about the Buckner and Rivers deals before they hit too... I wouldn’t sleep on him making more moves. Dan Orlovsky said the Rivers move means we want to win now and will continue bringing free agents in to put pieces around him to do so. He’s likely going to have some input on what receivers he wants, and I doubt very seriously he’s ok with TY and a bunch of rookie/second year players on the offense. He’s going to want at least one or two veteran proved receivers, and I don’t blame him... it’s what we need.

However, you need enough cap space to do it. We have only 7 draft picks and we have a whole host of roster spots to fill. From now on we're going to have to be fairly frugal in the FA market and spread the money out to be able to fill all the voids.

48 minutes ago, TrueBlue12 said:

However, you need enough cap space to do it. We have only 7 draft picks and we have a whole host of roster spots to fill. From now on we're going to have to be fairly frugal in the FA market and spread the money out to be able to fill all the voids.

Draft picks are going to account for less than $6 million, which leaves $14 mil before any moves in the qb room. I think I read they can clear nearly $12 with moves there? That’s still a serious chunk of change for a team that has filled holes already. And with major upgrades. They are going to address some needs in the draft, but it would be nice to go into the draft without a pressing need so you can focus on value regardless of position. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I agree... I actually really like a lot of the players they have. Lets see if Stefanski can do something good with them. 

When several of your players get signed by other teams on Day 1 of FA...that's a pretty good sign of a talented team IMO. 

And if I am being honest...I am envious of their talent on offense...it (arguably) dwarfs the Colts. OBJ, Landry, Hooper, Chubb, Hunt, Njoku...all better than their Colts counterparts. They can draft a WR and be completely set at the skill positions for a year or two.

I am also a big Baker fan. He had a bad season...but I think the OL and Freddie played a role. But the upside is still there. If they get the OL figured out (Conklin is a big pickup)...they could be a top 5 offense...and possibly rival KC.