Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

Needless to say, this week's FA moves were huge, and open up some nice draft possibilities.

 

We get offensive weapons.... Anthony Gordon.... and some "down the middle" defense......

 

Round 2 #34 – TRADED to Atlanta for #47 & #78

 

Round 2 #44 – Jalen Reagor / WR

Round 2 #47 – Cole Kmet / TE

Round 3 #75 – Anthony Gordon / QB

Round 3 #78 – Kyle Dugger / S

Round 4 #122 – Davon Hamilton / NT

Round 5 #160 – Gage Cervenka / C

Round 6 #193 – Michael Warren / RB

Round 6 #197 – Saahdiq Charles / OT

 

Your thoughts?

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pacolts56 said:

Needless to say, this week's FA moves were huge, and open up some nice draft possibilities.

 

We get offensive weapons.... Anthony Gordon.... and some "down the middle" defense......

 

Round 2 #34 – TRADED to Atlanta for #47 & #78

 

Round 2 #44 – Jalen Reagor / WR

Round 2 #47 – Cole Kmet / TE

Round 3 #75 – Anthony Gordon / QB

Round 3 #78 – Kyle Dugger / S

Round 4 #122 – Davon Hamilton / NT

Round 5 #160 – Gage Cervenka / C

Round 6 #193 – Michael Warren / RB

Round 6 #197 – Saahdiq Charles / OT

 

Your thoughts?

That is thinking out of the box no doubt. With our original picks I was thinking maybe:

#34 Cole Kmet TE = I agree 100% with you picking him. We need another TE to go with Doyle. Rivers loves the TE. Better grab him at #34 if he is there.

 

#44 Anthony Gordon QB = I agree again with you picking him but he could be gone by #75? He is interesting and can be good.

 

#75 Gandy-Golden WR (tall WR) he is 6'4 and he will probably be there at 75. My steal of the draft. Some team may snag him before #75 but not sure??

 

*We need to keep WR-Funch on the roster and hope he stays healthy. We have enough speed and youth with Hines and Campbell but we have to stay healthy!! TY needs to just pace himself. TY can still catch like 65 balls and be effective as a #1. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is thinking out of the box no doubt. With our original picks I was thinking maybe:

#34 Cole Kmet TE = I agree 100% with you picking him. We need another TE to go with Doyle. Rivers loves the TE. Better grab him at #34 if he is there.

 

#44 Anthony Gordon QB = I agree again with you picking him but he could be gone by #75? He is interesting and can be good.

 

#75 Gandy-Golden WR (tall WR) he is 6'4 and he will probably be there at 75. My steal of the draft. Some team may snag him before #75 but not sure??

 

*We need to keep WR-Funch on the roster and hope he stays healthy. We have enough speed and youth with Hines and Campbell but we have to stay healthy!! TY needs to just pace himself. TY can still catch like 65 balls and be effective as a #1. 

I'm definitely out on Gordon if it's that high

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this draft, but my biggest takeaway is that this goes to show how much more in a position we are to be able to fill our other needs now. WR, TE, and and QB to develop seems easier, even if you hadn't traded. Right now I'd be okay with any of Hurts, Gordon, Morgan, or McDonald to debelop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

I really like this draft, but my biggest takeaway is that this goes to show how much more in a position we are to be able to fill our other needs now. WR, TE, and and QB to develop seems easier, even if you hadn't traded. Right now I'd be okay with any of Hurts, Gordon, Morgan, or McDonald to debelop.

Yeah.... I was tempted to do a mock earlier but held off on the remote possibility that Ballard might make a big move in free agency with all that cap space.

 

Who knew?!!

 

The Buckner deal... for me.... surpasses any realistic projected Top 12 player falling to us at #13.

 

Its been a good week with that plus AC re-upping and Rivers coming in.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Watson started this recent public trade thing by stating that the organization has flawed hiring practices.  And I think he never debunked the idea that the current owner was a lot like his father, simply because he is his son.   Its not really about the next season or even the team's won loss record over the next three years.  Its bigger than that.  I think it would be smarter to not accommodate whiners, and in a legal manner, not set the precedent of accommodating someone who conducts detrimental actions that undermines the new coach and the authority structure of the organization.   If you accommodate Watson, you set the precedent that all whiners need to be accommodated or else you end up singling some out for disparate treatment.  This shows what a cancer players like Watson are to an entire organization.    And, I would think a player like that has limited trade value, despite the rumors.  I would  simply move on from him....forget he even exists...would be the less time consuming and smarter move.  If he wants to sit out, fine, but I'm drafting this spring with the idea that he's going to try to put me at a disadvantage and wait until after FA and the draft before he tells me he wont play next year.   There is some root of the problem that has yet to be revealed.   If its about making bad personnel decisions, resulting in a losing record, I get that....but the HC, OBrien who was responsible for those moves was fired months ago.  Seems like Watson and Watt are still holding some kind of grudge over something, or simply launching their marketing brand by grandstanding.   If I were the GM, I'd just ignore Watson until he apologized for those statements instead of honoring his wishes, and then if the team struggles, show to the whole world what people like that can do to a team, blame the teams failure's over a whiner sitting out the season too arrogant and stubborn to apologize for something he should not have said in the first place.       
    • The 2006 team was the greatest and it is not even a debate. They went 10-0 at home including the playoffs, 16-4 overall, and most importantly won the SB = they finished. The 2005 team during the regular season beat teams by a wider margin but lost in the divisional round. That team did not have Adam Vinatieri either, the 2006 team did. In 2006 we seen the best of Bob Sanders in the playoffs and we went through Ray Lewis/Ed Reed/Steve McNair at Baltimore, and beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the AFC Title Game. Also in respect to the 2009 team, that team didn't have Vinatieri either, nor did it have Marvin Harrison or Bob Sanders, Dungy wasn't the Coach as well. It is 2006 hands down.
    • Probably 2005, that  team was loaded and then played a tragically bad game to the sixth seeded Steelers in the playoffs.    
    • In addition to some of the examples from @stitches:   - Was your offense restricted last season by having a less mobile QB? If so, in what ways? - Your offense was bottom third in play action attempts last season. Can you talk about how play action fits in your offense, and how it might be affected by the physical ability of the QB? - Your defense had some really good stretches, but was less effective against good QBing. (Example, short clock but long TD drives against the Bills/Packers, etc.) What will it take for the defense to take another step forward this season? - What will be Press Taylor's role on the staff? Will that differ from his role in Philly? - You went from a RB coach with decades of experience, to one who hasn't played or directly coached RBs so far. What went into that decision and what kind of impact might it have on the RB group? - At what positions do you think you most need improved playmaking? - How do you think the limited college season, no Combine, and restricted travel might impact prospect evaluation? - To what extent, if any, do you think being the primary play caller impacts your game management and decision making? - Do you still have weekly protection meetings like you did in 2018? How might those be impacted by the changes on the coaching staff?   Just saying, there's a lot of meat out there. Don't have to keep gnawing at the same bone.   Imagine this group trying to cover Gregg Popovich...
    • In your opinion what team was the best Colts team ever?
  • Members

    • PureLuck

      PureLuck 154

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • throwing BBZ

      throwing BBZ 1,147

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 9,185

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 212

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 31

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts.sb41

      Colts.sb41 18

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 1,963

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 1,107

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 1959Colts

      1959Colts 1,149

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 21,849

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...