Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner interview

CR91

After thinking about this trade I like it a lot. 

I know some don't like us using the #13 pick for this guy but I would rather see a guy I am confident will bring an A game when he is on the field. It was defiantly a position of need and him being on the field will make this defense much better. 

Getting a proven all pro player sits better with me than an unknown draft pick. 

:1colts:

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Especially when that player is a baaaaaaaaad man. :gym:

The one stat that stands out to me besides the obvious ones is his ability to bat passes down. With his height and wingspan it makes it tough for QBs to dink passes over the middle that get turned into 15-20 yard gains. (that is something that has killed us for a while now)

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The one stat that stands out to me besides the obvious ones is his ability to bat passes down. With his height and wingspan it makes it tough for QBs to dink passes over the middle that get turned into 15-20 yard gains. (that is something that has killed us for a while now)

Our team is looking good on paper right now and we still have the draft. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our team is looking good on paper right now and we still have the draft. 

I think the majority of the fan base has to be pretty excited with what has transpired already. 

Like you said we still have the draft to fine tune the depth. 

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think the majority of the fan base has to be pretty excited with what has transpired already. 

Like you said we still have the draft to fine tune the depth. 

I can't remember an off season that has been more exciting than this for the Colts. I would have to think about it.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't remember an off season that has been more exciting than this for the Colts. I would have to think about it.

the last 12 months have been pretty crazy. Exciting, but I long for the days of normalcy and being spoiled with a franchise QB lol. I guess you need this type of season every decade to make you appreciate things. I always try to remind myself that at the very least, we're not the Bengals or Browns lol. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

the last 12 months have been pretty crazy. Exciting, but I long for the days of normalcy and being spoiled with a franchise QB lol. I guess you need this type of season every decade to make you appreciate things. I always try to remind myself that at the very least, we're not the Bengals or Browns lol. 

Ain't that the truth. 

Now it seems we can add the Texan's to that list after that debacle-fiasco that O'Brien has lead his team on. Bob McNair has to be rolling in his grave. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ain't that the truth. 

Now it seems we can add the Texan's to that list after that debacle-fiasco that O'Brien has lead his team on. Bob McNair has to be rolling in his grave. :dunno:

Yup, some sure head scratching things going on with Houston lol... I'm not going to complain. With TN on the rise, more than happy to worry less about Houston. With Watson, they'll always be decent though unless more wheels fall off. I think Jax is a bit underrated too.

With the two additions, I think we're at minimum equal favs to win the AFCS with TN.

Enjoyed hearing the enthusiasm in his voice...he has a lot of big things happening in the next few months...moving, new baby and a new team.

I really like the move to get this guy...real difference maker and a huge boost to our defense.

I think he and Houston should each wear #99.5 :)

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Buckner should get it. 99 just looks weird on Houston imo. Have him wear 93 since Sheard is hitting the market

Give him 92, Michael Strahan and Reggie White wore those, maybe that will bring us a SB too. :thmup:

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

After thinking about this trade I like it a lot. 

I know some don't like us using the #13 pick for this guy but I would rather see a guy I am confident will bring an A game when he is on the field. It was defiantly a position of need and him being on the field will make this defense much better. 

Getting a proven all pro player sits better with me than an unknown draft pick. 

:1colts:

Ballard has said that Eberflus' defensive scheme hinges on the 3T play. I can appreciate that. Ballard indicated that improving the 3T would be a major objective. Mission accomplished.

4 hours ago, TrueBlue12 said:

Ballard has said that Eberflus' defensive scheme hinges on the 3T play. I can appreciate that. Ballard indicated that improving the 3T would be a major objective. Mission accomplished.

Yep.  It's crazy that people are surprised about anything the Colts do, He tells us.   He said 3Tech. 

Said he needs to put more weapons on offense.  He said he needs to build depth at every position. And he said the QB situation (passing game) needed to be improved.

I haven't surprised about anything he's done. He said it all starts with t he trenches  

The Buckner signing was only a surprise because of who it was and that it was by trade, but I did listen to him talk about 3 tech a lot and knowing quite a bit about the Cover2 D I knew he meant it. Figured he'd use 13 on Brown or Kinlaw, was hoping for Kinlaw but Bucker is a dream signing to me.

Need wise he will want another speed rush, another NT for depth and a stud SS.  I think the lbr's are in pretty good shape with depth.   

On offense I see 1-2 WR .  a TE  and RB for skill positions . Thats where the depth is needed

OT  or  G for depth in the trenches 

He has also said that he would not get caught without a quality back up QB.   

These are the things he said.

In which order he does it will depend on who is available when he drafts, of the value in FA 

I dont expect all the holes fixed this yr, But I see the WR, TE thing getting taken care of in the draft early, because the quality will be there

I know I am in the minority but I do not see JB going anywhere and I do not see a QB getting drafted.  I say this because I listen to what he has been saying.

56 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yes, and hopefully the leadership.

IMO his high motor play will rub off on the other D-linemen like Big Qs did with the O-linemen. 

I have watched quite a few of his plays and he is a beast in the same mold as Big Q. 

I think it will go down as one of the greatest moves by Ballard. 

6 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

Yep.  It's crazy that people are surprised about anything the Colts do, He tells us.   He said 3Tech. 

Said he needs to put more weapons on offense.  He said he needs to build depth at every position. And he said the QB situation (passing game) needed to be improved.

I haven't surprised about anything he's done. He said it all starts with t he trenches  

The Buckner signing was only a surprise because of who it was and that it was by trade, but I did listen to him talk about 3 tech a lot and knowing quite a bit about the Cover2 D I knew he meant it. Figured he'd use 13 on Brown or Kinlaw, was hoping for Kinlaw but Buckner is a dream signing to me.

Spot on. Of course things can change...especially when the roster trimming deadline approaches. 

13 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

The Buckner signing was only a surprise because of who it was and that it was by trade, but I did listen to him talk about 3 tech a lot and knowing quite a bit about the Cover2 D I knew he meant it. Figured he'd use 13 on Brown or Kinlaw, was hoping for Kinlaw but Bucker is a dream signing to me.

Need wise he will want another speed rush, another NT for depth and a stud SS.  I think the lbr's are in pretty good shape with depth.   

On offense I see 1-2 WR .  a TE  and RB for skill positions . Thats where the depth is needed

OT  or  G for depth in the trenches 

He has also said that he would not get caught without a quality back up QB.   

These are the things he said.

In which order he does it will depend on who is available when he drafts, of the value in FA 

I dont expect all the holes fixed this yr, But I see the WR, TE thing getting taken care of in the draft early, because the quality will be there

I know I am in the minority but I do not see JB going anywhere and I do not see a QB getting drafted.  I say this because I listen to what he has been saying.

Well if you are implying JB is a quality back up, i strongly disagree!

I love this trade. 

Proven game wrecker, team capt, good attitude. Plus it makes the LB's and secondary jobs easier. 

Imagine Buckner up the middle, Turay off the side, and my guy Kenny Moore coming off the blitz. 

I don't care what offensive coordinators come up with, that's hard to handle. 

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I love this trade. 

Proven game wrecker, team capt, good attitude. Plus it makes the LB's and secondary jobs easier. 

Imagine Buckner up the middle, Turay off the side, and my guy Kenny Moore coming off the blitz. 

I don't care what offensive coordinators come up with, that's hard to handle. 

Don’t forget Leonard blitzing. I can see him streaking in there a little more now.

5 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

Ok so.   What are your requirements for a backup?

Well for starters, someone who has enough confidence in himself to throw beyond 15 yards. Also, someone who is accurate enough to make the throws when needed to keep drives alive. Can't play QB when all you have in your bag of tricks is chicken hockey. JB needs to be on another team next year irregardless of leadership (LOL) or a money situation.

Archived