Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New league year mock draft

I am listening to the locked on colts podcast. He has a guy on who is from SF talking about the Buckner trade. He think Ballard Is going all in. He thinks they are going to get back in the first trading that 44th pick and still keep that 34. He also says we have plenty to even get back into the teens. I agree with him. It seems Ballard Is doing a lot of bold things.  If you think about it we get Buckner. Then we could still trade up for a QB and get a WR with the other 2nd. Or switch those take WR first then the QB. We are in such good shape to do whatever we want to do. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am listening to the locked on colts podcast. He has a guy on who is from SF talking about the Buckner trade. He think Ballard Is going all in. He thinks they are going to get back in the first trading that 44th pick and still keep that 34. He also says we have plenty to even get back into the teens. I agree with him. It seems Ballard Is doing a lot of bold things.  If you think about it we get Buckner. Then we could still trade up for a QB and get a WR with the other 2nd. Or switch those take WR first then the QB. We are in such good shape to do whatever we want to do. 

All in for what?

4 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

All in for what?

Instead of just getting foundation pieces Ballard is being more bold this year. He is going all in now to build a SB contender.  This tells you he thinks this team is ready to take the next step. That’s why rivers was so important. It gives us a better chance to win while we develop the next QB. This way the players still have a chance at something special. Then we hope the next QB is ready after Rivers retires and there is no drop off.

Just now, FalseStart said:

This has the fingerprints of Irsay... probably playoff relevancy.

When I hear all in that means to me going for the SB this yr.    If that's the case you use all draft picks to put as many starters in key positions to make that run now.  Not trading up for a QB for the future or even worrying about a QB at all this yr.  No need for a developmental QB if you have your starter and need WR's TE's  a CB upgrade and more pass rush .  Not in any order.

So that is my question   All in for what?

And I totally agree Irsay is saying we can be close this yr  go for it 

Here’s a hot take:

Jordan love falls in the draft

Colts trade 34 and 75 for Vikings pick 22(trade chart points line up) and jump in front of the Patriots to Select him. 

Next Colts trade Jacoby Brissett to the Patriots for pick 125

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Here’s a hot take:

Jordan love falls in the draft

Colts trade 34 and 75 for Vikings pick 22(trade chart points line up) and jump in front of the Patriots to Select him. 

Next Colts trade Jacoby Brissett to the Patriots for pick 125

Now just why would the Patriots trade for JB when all they have to do is wait for JB to be cut like a lot of fans in this forum thinks will happen? 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now just why would the Patriots trade for JB when all they have to do is wait for JB to be cut like a lot of fans in this forum thinks will happen? 

1. because They want him and at the very least someone would probably trade a 7th rounder just so they didn’t have to worry about competition when Trying to sign him. 

2. idk because it’s a hot take and it doesn’t have to make sense lol 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

1. because They want him and at the very least someone would probably trade a 7th rounder just so they didn’t have to worry about competition when Trying to sign him. 

2. idk because it’s a hot take and it doesn’t have to make sense lol 

Now #2 makes sense. lol

Archived