Indianapolis Colts
Mel Kiper's Hair

Jacoby Brissett no longer on website banner

Has anyone else noticed that JB is no longer on the banner for season ticket sales for the forum and team website? The Maniac and Big Q are now on the banner. Anyone else think this means anything?

It means JB is not going to be the starting QB for the team moving forward. 

You're welcome

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not normal for #2 QB to be on a banner I’d think.  I wouldnt read too far into it.

Or he could be headed to NE.  Haha

Just now, TheMiz said:

It means JB is not going to be the starting QB for the team moving forward. 

You're welcome

Sheesh Miz.

You’re wound up today.

• Like 1

It's interesting.   Could mean a number of things.   

That it's not typical to put the back up QB as the face of the team.

They could be starting negotiations on what will be the next step for JB.

They plan to get rid of him.

Looks like the Colts changed their FB status.

Not surprised by this...made little sense to have him up there to begin with.

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's interesting.   Could mean a number of things.   

That it's not typical to put the back up QB as the face of the team.

They could be starting negotiations on what will be the next step for JB.

They plan to get rid of him.

They are definitely moving on...it's what's best for all parties.

3 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

They are definitely moving on...it's what's best for all parties.

Thanks Thank You GIF

I don’t know or care to know about the cap or what a hit it would be to have him be the backup but with that ignorance acknowledged I hope he stays here to backup rivers.  

• Like 1

I mean, Leonard and Big Q probably lead in jersey sales on top of everything else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I mean, Leonard and Big Q probably lead in jersey sales on top of everything else. 

If I didn’t have a personalized 77 I would wear a 56  jersey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

I don’t know or care to know about the cap or what a hit it would be to have him be the backup but with that ignorance acknowledged I hope he stays here to backup rivers.  

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Sad 1

If Jacoby goes I will be the first to say good luck! I have no ill wishes towards him at all. Nice young man and a hard worker and a great teammate. That said he just wasn't enough...and no harm in that. A lot better than any back up qb I think we've ever had and honestly better than many starters we have had over the years here in Indy. I'm not sure this means he is going anywhere yet. If Foles can land you a 4th surely Jacoby can get a 5th or 6th. Hope he lands in a good place for his sake. Thanks Jacoby!

• Like 5

Let Jacoby watch begin

I hope they get rid of Brissett and his dollars.

It would be nice to get something (anything) for him.

Hoyer needs to be gone also...don't ever want to see him in a Colts uni on the field again.

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

If he 'backs up rivers' would he be considered a damn?:facepalm:

No “N” when you refer to a water block

Just now, CanuckColt said:

I hope they get rid of Brissett and his dollars.

It would be nice to get something (anything) for him.

Hoyer needs to be gone also...don't ever want to see him in a Colts uni on the field again.

oprah winfrey relax GIF

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No “N” when you refer to a water block

oprah winfrey relax GIF

Yeah, I edited it already.

1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

Yeah, I edited it already.

Someone can get in trouble when discussing water

15 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

If he 'backs up rivers' would he be considered a Dam?:facepalm:

Sorry but rivers doesn’t swear.  Haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So having your teams 2 pro bowl players on the banner means something?

Yeah, it means ticket sales.

• Like 1

In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman:

It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

FWIW...during the Free Agent Frenzy broadcast which aired this morning, NFL Network said  that they inquired about what the Colts were going to do with Jacoby and were informed that they would like to have him back up Rivers.  Not actively looking to trade him.  But we will see if a team looking for a QB contacts the Colts.  Door was not completely closed to the possibility.

My personal opinion is that when you sign a 38 year old QB you best have a solid back up behind him.  I think Jacoby is at least that. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

FWIW...during the Free Agent Frenzy broadcast which aired this morning, NFL Network said  that they inquired about what the Colts were going to do with Jacoby and were informed that they would like to have him back up Rivers.  Not actively looking to trade him.  But we will see if a team looking for a QB contacts the Colts.  Door was not completely closed to the possibility.

My personal opinion is that when you sign a 38 year old QB you best have a solid back up behind him.  I think Jacoby is at least that. 

That's exactly what you would expect the Colts to say.  Ballard and the Colt's don't tip their hands on anything. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So you don't think we need a back up QB?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

That's exactly what you would expect the Colts to say.  Ballard and the Colt's don't tip their hands on anything. 

Saying they are not actively looking to trade JB is not the same as not saying anything.

There is a difference between saying nothing and lying. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not for 21 mil

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We will have a backup QB after the draft. If not fans will get their wish and Kelly will be the backup.

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He will not be backing up rivers if we draft a QB. This is all smoke so they don’t give away draft plans. That’s why I said colts will probably keep him until after the draft. Pay that bonus due then he will be easier to trade. 

IIRC as of now NE has #87, #98 and #100 in Round Three. Wonder if ol' Bill would give up #100 to bring Jacoby back to the Pats? He'd still have 2 earlier picks in that round, and he'd be bringing in a veteran to help Stidham's development.

I understand the desire to have CB hang on to Jacoby "just in case" but that may be a luxury at some point, especially with Kelly and Hoyer still around (for the moment). And I could see Ballard then potentially using #100 or #122 for another QB.

Otherwise, I expect the most Ballard might be able to get for JB would be in the 4th round or later. Which may or may not be worth the trouble--in those cases I guess it would be more of a "financial" move than a "personnel" move.

8 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Has anyone else noticed that JB is no longer on the banner for season ticket sales for the forum and team website? The Maniac and Big Q are now on the banner. Anyone else think this means anything?

im out leap of faith GIF by Barstool Sports

Lol JB will be the backup to rivers next year ( a nicely paid backup). Just chill he won’t be starting. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He will not be backing up rivers if we draft a QB. This is all smoke so they don’t give away draft plans. That’s why I said colts will probably keep him until after the draft. Pay that bonus due then he will be easier to trade. 

Sure he could.  Any QB we draft in the second or later round likely won’t be ready to play year one.  We need a back up that can come in and play and right now Jacoby is the second best QB on the roster.  Rivers is 38, the Colts need a reliable backup who already knows the offense.  That’s Jacoby. I’ll take him over any rookie QB we draft for next year.  After that his contract is up any way along with Rivers’ and that will $51 million (combined) freed up off the books. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into it, just like I said when someone pointed out he was still on the front page after the season (perhaps suggesting he will still be the guy in 2020). 

As far as him being the backup, there's a lot of things to consider, and a lot of things could change in the next month or so. Personally, if JB is OK with being the backup, and it doesn't risk locker room divide to keep him, then I'm perfectly OK with him being the back up. That said, he might want to go somewhere with a chance to start this year (I think the takers would be very limited if not non-existent), the FO may not want to risk divide in the locker room, or we still may end up drafting a guy.

I have no ill will for JB, and hope he finds all the happiness in the world whether that's as a back up or starter somewhere else, it doesn't matter. He's a good guy.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We will have a backup QB after the draft. If not fans will get their wish and Kelly will be the backup.

I understand why some are looking at Kelly but I am not one of them. 

I didn't get all giddy with what he did against 3rd and 4th string players in a pre season game. 

Could I be wrong? Of course. 

I think Ballard will give him an opportunity like he should during training camp and maybe pre season if he is still on the roster. 

Nothing would be greater if he turned out to be a baller but IMO that is a stretch. 

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand why some are looking at Kelly but I am not one of them. 

I didn't get all giddy with what he did against 3rd and 4th string players in a pre season game. 

Could I be wrong? Of course. 

I think Ballard will give him an opportunity like he should during training camp and maybe pre season if he is still on the roster. 

Nothing would be greater if he turned out to be a baller but IMO that is a stretch. 

I agree. Definitely a stretch but Ballard and Reich see something in this kid so that makes me feel a little better about him. I don't see him being the QB of the future but who knows