Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Current Cap space

BProland85

Does anyone know our current cap space? I wonder if Ballard has anything else up his sleeve. Particularly at TE, RG, and DB. I know we're looking at Delanie Walker which if we got him for a very cheap deal that would be a good signing on a one year deal. 

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

We have $23m and some change.

If we cut JB and Hoyer, we would have around $35m.

If we cut Hoyer and trade Brissett before Monday, we will have $41-$42m.

That may be an indication of things to come in the next couple of days...an extra 18 million or so would be nice.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

We have $23m and some change.

If we cut JB and Hoyer, we would have around $35m.

If we cut Hoyer and trade Brissett before Monday, we will have $41-$42m.

What did we have prior to all this recent activity?  Castonzo, rivers, Buckner?  Could have sworn it was closer to 100 mill. 

Anyone think that Desir and Autry could be cap casualties? They would get us 6.8 and 5.7 respectively with no dead cap. I thought Autry was serviceable but Buckner would render him to be nothing more than a 50% snap player and Desir was bad and injured. Getting an extra 12 million could get us a full time starter at a position of need rather than a couple part time JAGS. 

Based on Overthecap, Colts have ~ $21.6 M in cap space remaining. Trading Brissett would save ~ $15.8 M and cutting him would save ~ $8.9 M. Could also cut Hoyer now and save $3 M or designate him as a Post-June cut and save $4 M. Colts could potentially bring their cap space to between $32 M - $40 M. 

1 hour ago, cbear said:

What did we have prior to all this recent activity?  Castonzo, rivers, Buckner?  Could have sworn it was closer to 100 mill. 

It was before we gave Brissett the extension last year.

We really should look into WR targets. I like the Rivers move but right now our WR core consists of T.Y. Hilton and a lot of not impressive pieces.

I like what Zach Pascal showed last season, but I think he's more of a #3 than a #2. Maybe Parris Campbell can step into that role if he improves, but will he? Don't really know what to expect from him. Whole lot of unproven pieces behind Hilton. 

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

Anyone think that Desir and Autry could be cap casualties? They would get us 6.8 and 5.7 respectively with no dead cap. I thought Autry was serviceable but Buckner would render him to be nothing more than a 50% snap player and Desir was bad and injured. Getting an extra 12 million could get us a full time starter at a position of need rather than a couple part time JAGS. 

I’d like to hear peoples opinions on this.

I honestly like Autry and he’s definitely a good caliber player.

desir is a question mark. He was injured last season which could be a reason why he played poorly towards the end. But cutting him Would leave is very thin

2 hours ago, cbear said:

We had just over 86M going into free agency. 25m cap hit on Rivers, just over 23m cap hit on Buckner, 17m cap hit on AC.  

Big contracts add up fast. 

2 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

I would think we would be able to trade both, if they are wanting to shed those salaries.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think we may wait to do anything with hoyer until after the draft. Just to make sure they get who they want. Not to mention if we do something with both of them before the draft that would be signaling we are taking a QB. Ballard May just pay Brissett that money and trade him after the draft.

Hoyer is not in our plans .  Bad news is, teams know that we either have to trade JB by Monday or suffer the larger cap hit. They’re gonna use that heavily in negotiating if there even are any ongoing

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hoyer is not in our plans .  Bad news is, teams know that we either have to trade JB by Monday or suffer the larger cap hit. They’re gonna use that heavily in negotiating if there even are any ongoing

We may decide to just pay the bonus. It will Be easier to trade him too since a new team won’t be on the hook for it all. It doesn’t matter if they are in our plans. It’s about perception to not give away what we are going to do.

55 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We may decide to just pay the bonus. It will Be easier to trade him too since a new team won’t be on the hook for it all. It doesn’t matter if they are in our plans. It’s about perception to not give away what we are going to do.

No one knows what Ballard will do even his he cuts both of them and Kelly today.

5 hours ago, TheMiz said:

If those numbers are right, I really hope Ballard gets it done by Monday. 

The only issue I see with doing it so early is that we could be telegraphing our draft plans to the rest of the league.

I don't think Ballard is telegraphing any draft plans. 

At this point he has no concrete draft plans. The draft crew will have their draft board made up and any plans made will change as the draft proceeds. 

There is so many different things that can happen and probably will. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

If any team is interested in JB I don't see them making a trade till they see what is going to happen with him. 

It's funny when you think about how most say JB is worth nothing but yet think he is worth something in a trade. 

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If any team is interested in JB I don't see them making a trade till they see what is going to happen with him. 

It's funny when you think about how most say JB is worth nothing but yet think he is worth something in a trade. 

Exactly .   they would have to trade for him draft pick or player etc  AND pay his salary!!!!  

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

My thoughts exactly 

Archived