Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts showing interest in Delanie Walker

Very good player when he's healthy.  Health is the caveat though.

If he can stay healthy I could see him doing Ebron type numbers with Rivers.

Decent move if they think the health thing is overblown. He'll probably have big interest in coming here so he can get back at the Titans. 

• Like 1

I'd prefer we get a nice TE in the draft. Doyle will be that veteran blanket for Phillip and then we can bring a young buck a long. I love Kmet out of ND but he may be too expensive as far as draft capital. You can find nice TE in the 4th-5th rd I believe.

49 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

It’s a shame things went south with Ebron because he and Rivers could’ve been a good combo.

Yeah, I could've just seen Rivers having a "chat" with Ebron on the sideline after the first couple of drops. 

That's one thing I look forward to with Rivers - he's fiery and he will hold players accountable. 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Yeah, I could've just seen Rivers having a "chat" with Ebron on the sideline after the first couple of drops. 

That's one thing I look forward to with Rivers - he's fiery and he will hold players accountable. 

Yeah, and Ballard said there needs to be more "friction" among the players, players holding teammates accountable for doing their job.

• Like 1
Just now, TrueBlue12 said:

Yeah, and Ballard said there needs to be more "friction" among the players, players holding teammates accountable for doing their job.

The friction Ballard wants is in the locker room.   He does not want it out on the field.   That’s what fans want.   For someone to yell at a player in public.    Well run teams want that kind of stuff behind closed doors. 

51 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'd prefer we get a nice TE in the draft. Doyle will be that veteran blanket for Phillip and then we can bring a young buck a long. I love Kmet out of ND but he may be too expensive as far as draft capital. You can find nice TE in the 4th-5th rd I believe.

Idk, the pundits are saying this draft is weak in top TEs and weak on TE depth. Getting a worthwhile one in the 4th or 5th may be a stretch.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The friction Ballard wants is in the locker room.   He does not want it out on the field.   That’s what fans want.   For someone to yell at a player in public.    Well run teams want that kind of stuff behind closed doors. 

You're probably right. I guess Reich and Siriani know what we're getting in that area though. Along with Ballard, they all seem to agree on the importance of a good locker room climate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Filling holes as to not have to do so during the draft.  Can approach it with an eye to the future more than a need for the present.

Before Castonzo was re-signed, the consensus was that our top draft needs were QB, OT and IDL in some debatable order. Guess what Ballard has done....signed a QB, an OT, and an IDL in advance of the draft. Now, just as you say, with those holes filled he will have much more flexibility in the draft and, hopefully, avoid reaching based on dire need. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I always felt Peyton Manning was great at holding players accountable.  Saw him multiple times yell(not scream) at players for running the wrong routes.  He could do that tho bc he is Peyton Flipping Manning. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I always felt Peyton Manning was great at holding players accountable.  Saw him multiple times yell(not scream) at players for running the wrong routes.  He could do that tho bc he is Peyton Flipping Manning. 

I also seen Jeff Saturday tell Manning to go sit his * down too so it works both ways. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TrueBlue12 said:

Before Castonzo was re-signed, the consensus was that our top draft needs were QB, OT and IDL in some debatable order. Guess what Ballard has done....signed a QB, an OT, and an IDL in advance of the draft. Now, just as you say, with those holes filled he will have much more flexibility in the draft and, hopefully, avoid reaching based on dire need. 

Agree.  He doesn't have to find a starting OT, a starting QB (trade up for Herbert), and has the luxury of picking those replacements at proper value.  With Buckner signed for 5 years, he doesn't have to find a DT at all, unless he wants to upgrade Autry, Grover, Lewis, or Sheard (probably should).

So what is the next need on the list, WR or TE? 

I wouldn't be surprised if a decent draft pick is spent on a RB.  Maybe not a need, but if a great player is there, its certainly possible.  Ballard has NOT committed to Mack just yet.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Agree.  He doesn't have to find a starting OT, a starting QB (trade up for Herbert), and has the luxury of picking those replacements at proper value.  With Buckner signed for 5 years, he doesn't have to find a DT at all, unless he wants to upgrade Autry, Grover, Lewis, or Sheard (probably should).

I wouldn't be surprised if a decent draft pick is spent on a RB.  Maybe not a need, but if a great player is there, its certainly possible.  Ballard has NOT committed to Mack just yet.

While any position is open as far as the draft is concerned I highly doubt that RB is very high on the priority list. 

Mack had done a fantastic job for the Colts so IMO Ballard will get a deal done with him first. Ballard takes care of players who have earned it and Mack has earned it. 

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

With Haeg, Clark and Andrews all unsigned free agents, Ballard will need to fill the OL depth by resigning, FA or draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more OL as a priority.

11 hours ago, DougDew said:

He recently spent a high pick on Lewis and is looking for him to take a step up this year. And I really like Autry and have been impressed by Grover's development. Thats not to say Ballard doesn't still want to upgrade but I'm completely fine with the group we have now with DeFo added. 

7 minutes ago, TheMose said:

He recently spent a high pick on Lewis and is looking for him to take a step up this year. And I really like Autry and have been impressed by Grover's development. Thats not to say Ballard doesn't still want to upgrade but I'm completely fine with the group we have now with DeFo added. 

I think DeFo needs more help or he might look overcompensated before the season is over.  Talent at pick 44 or 3rd, 4th, seems reasonable to me.  Or maybe a different vet.

As much as Ballard implied the dline was insufficient, I'd think he wouldn't rely upon just one vet to solve its issues.  

Could be wrong.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think DeFo needs more help or he might look overcompensated before the season is over.  Talent at pick 44 or 3rd, 4th, seems reasonable to me.  Or maybe a different vet.

As much as Ballard implied the dline was insufficient, I'd think he wouldn't rely upon just one vet to solve its issues.  

Could be wrong.

I think the double team DeFo will command will make the rest of the line instantly better. And Lewis was a 2nd round pick and has shown flashes. I think he could have a breakout year with the help of DeFo. But I can also see us adding a rookie with one of the picks you mentioned. Rotation is a big part of the line and it doesn't hurt to add more talent in the trenches. 

Either way, man am I happy DeFo is here

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I think the double team DeFo will command will make the rest of the line instantly better. And Lewis was a 2nd round pick and has shown flashes. I think he could have a breakout year with the help of DeFo. But I can also see us adding a rookie with one of the picks you mentioned. Rotation is a big part of the line and it doesn't hurt to add more talent in the trenches. 

Either way, man am I happy DeFo is here

Rashaan Evans from Alabama is a 6 foot 7 DT who would play NT for us.  Not sure where he will be drafted, but he is a bit one dimensional to command a 1st round pick.  If we could get him at pick 44 or, a trade down, or  even 75 that would be great.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Rashaan Evans from Alabama is a 6 foot 7 DT who would play NT for us.  Not sure where he will be drafted, but he is a bit one dimensional to command a 1st round pick.  If we could get him at pick 44 or, a trade down, or  even 75 that would be great.

I think you mean Raekwon Davis. Rashaan Evans was drafted by the titans.

But I agree. I think we can get him a bit later and we do have Alabama's former DL coach so there's a connection there

• Thanks 1