Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Buckner/Rivers Mocks

I did three 5 round mocks on Fanspeak, one with Jake's big board, one with Steves, and one with the CBS composite.

Fanspeak Steve BB

34: R2P2        QB JORDAN LOVE      UTAH STATE

44: R2P12      WR CHASE CLAYPOOL     NOTRE DAME

75: R3P11      DL RAEKWON DAVIS   ALABAMA

122: R4P16   TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM   MISSOURI

160: R5P14   RB AJ DILLON   BOSTON COLLEGE

Fanspeak Jake BB

34: R2P2         QB JORDAN LOVE   UTAH STATE

44: R2P12       WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.   USC

75: R3P11       RB D'ANDRE SWIFT   GEORGIA

122: R4P16    WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN   LIBERTY

160: R5P14    OT ALEX TAYLOR   SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

CBS Composite

34: R2P2       WR BRANDON AIYUK   ARIZONA ST.

44: R2P12      TE COLE KMET   NOTRE DAME

75: R3P11     DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE   TEXAS A&M

122: R4P16   QB ANTHONY GORDON   WASHINGTON ST.

1. Love is dropping. Available via several mocks I've done, and MSM mocks I've read.

2. Claypool and Pittman are rising.

2 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I’ve always really hated Love at 13 but at 34 I’m very okay with it and having him sit behind Rivers for a year or two. More on the Anthony Gordon train then anything though so I like mock 3 the best. 

I'd be happy with either honestly. I'd also be good with a QB room of just Rivers and Kelly... If they don't see something in Kelly this year, might as well cut the cord. 

If Love was available at 34, I'd definitely grab him though. Now that we have both QB and 3T, I'm perfectly good with going OT/WR/TE or even another DT at 34 if Love isn't available. Not sure who, but someone we think will go top 20, is going to fall to 34.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Jake's. I think Gandy is going to be good (a tall quick/target) and if Love is there at 34 that would be awesome.

I've been really up and down on Gandy. Honestly I shouldn't have taken two X WRs in one draft, but we do need help at X more than any WR position, and I didn't take a TE that mock.

#1 is my favorite easily. 

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've been really up and down on Gandy. Honestly I shouldn't have taken two X WRs in one draft, but we do need help at X more than any WR position, and I didn't take a TE that mock.

#1 is my favorite easily. 

I would go 1 or 2, mainly because Love at 34 would be a miracle.

39 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I’ve always really hated Love at 13 but at 34 I’m very okay with it and having him sit behind Rivers for a year or two. More on the Anthony Gordon train then anything though so I like mock 3 the best. 

What is funny is I like all 3 because I think Gordon might be really good.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I did three 5 round mocks on Fanspeak, one with Jake's big board, one with Steves, and one with the CBS composite.

Fanspeak Steve BB

34: R2P2        QB JORDAN LOVE      UTAH STATE

44: R2P12      WR CHASE CLAYPOOL     NOTRE DAME

75: R3P11      DL RAEKWON DAVIS   ALABAMA

122: R4P16   TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM   MISSOURI

Fanspeak Jake BB

34: R2P2         QB JORDAN LOVE   UTAH STATE

44: R2P12       WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.   USC

75: R3P11       RB D'ANDRE SWIFT   GEORGIA

122: R4P16    WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN   LIBERTY

160: R5P14    OT ALEX TAYLOR   SOUTH CAROLINA STATE

CBS Composite

34: R2P2       WR BRANDON AIYUK   ARIZONA ST.

44: R2P12      TE COLE KMET   NOTRE DAME

75: R3P11     DL JUSTIN MADUBUIKE   TEXAS A&M

122: R4P16   QB ANTHONY GORDON   WASHINGTON ST.

1. Love is dropping. Available via several mocks I've done, and MSM mocks I've read.

2. Claypool and Pittman are rising.

I love the CBS picks outside of Gordon...just have no interest in him...outside of being a backup.

Curious to know who was available at $44 and #75 on Steve's board...because getting Love, a pair of stud WR prospects and an uber-athletic TE prospect...and a RB to pair with Mack...would essentially rebuild the offense.

These mocks include many of my draft crushes...I wish I could combine them...haha.

On a side note...IF Swift is somehow there at the Colts' 3rd round pick...Ballard better (virtually) run to the podium. No offense to Mack...but Swift's would change the offense. I really wanted Sanders last year...and I think Swift is even better. Unfortunately, I see him as a late 1st - mid 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would go 1 or 2, mainly because Love at 34 would be a miracle.

Not so sure. He's been dropping in a lot of the mocks. It's going to depend on where all these FA QBs land I think. TB and Carolina are likely out of the hunt now lol.. Still a long way to go. Gonna be fun

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I love the CBS picks outside of Gordon...just have no interest in him...outside of being a backup.

Curious to know who was available at $44 and #75 on Steve's board...because getting Love, a pair of stud WR prospects and an uber-athletic TE prospect...and a RB to pair with Mack...would essentially rebuild the offense.

These mocks include many of my draft crushes...I wish I could combine them...haha.

On a side note...IF Swift is somehow there at the Colts' 3rd round pick...Ballard better (virtually) run to the podium. No offense to Mack...but Swift's would change the offense. I really wanted Sanders last year...and I think Swift is even better. Unfortunately, I see him as a late 1st - mid 2nd rounder.

I think Swift will easily be there at 44. RBs are just so devalued these days. I'm not really worried about a RB this year. I'd take AJ Dillon though in the 4th or 5th though. Bus2.0. Bid dude can flat out fly.

You can preview the big boards without drafting if you want. Green link under selection.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think Swift will easily be there at 44. RBs are just so devalued these days. I'm not really worried about a RB this year. I'd take AJ Dillon though in the 4th or 5th though. Bus2.0. Bid dude can flat out fly.

You can preview the big boards without drafting if you want. Green link under selection.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php

Dillon jumps out because of his size and his combine. He's a talent for sure. IMO, he doesn't play nearly as powerful as he should be at that size. He plays like a small, speed back. He's not a Henry type at all, which is what alot of people think looking at his size.

Here is mine from First Pick...

Indy trades 44th overall pick to Philly for their 2nd, 3rd round picks.

Round 2 Pick 2: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Round 2 Pick 21 (PHI): Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Round 3 Pick 11: Michael Pittman, WR, USC 
Round 3 Pick 21 (PHI): Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
Round 4 Pick 16: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
Round 5 Pick 14: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois
Round 6 Pick 14: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida 
Round 6 Pick 18: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida

Indy now has a dominant DL with the additions of both Buckner and Elliott in the 3rd round. Indy also gets their QB to groom under Rivers for a year or 2 with Jordan Love. (And yes there is very much a chance he could fall to the late 1st/early 2nd) 

Indy also gets a raw but very athletic OT in Cleveland to one day take over at LT. Pittman is a long, athletic WR that Ballard could want for the #2 WR role next to Hilton and Campbell. Bryant is probably my favorite TE in the draft and would be a great compliment to Doyle. Chinn is an athletic freak who could play both safety spots. And Davis and Perine help provide good depth at both the WR and RB positions. 

6 hours ago, rayski said:

I think Love is the type of qb who someone will move back to the top of the 1st round for. LJ8 style. Many say he has the highest ceiling of any qb in the draft. 

I'd love us to land Denzel Mims from Baylor in the 2nd.

Ceiling comparisons are relatively pointless

Joe Burrow and Tua are excellent prospects that Love isnt

I DO want MIMS, and this he could be a great pick with the 34th pick

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I watched a lot of Norte Dame this year.  Kmet and Claypool can play.  I think whoever gets Kmet is getting a steal.

id like to see the Colts get Tyler Johnson.  I think if he pans out he could be a player similar to a Reggie Wayne.

The reality is.... This offense NEEDS a TE......  

I think we go TE earlier than 4th

Kmet is a nice target

If Love is available at No.34, that is THE place to take a flier on a high upside pick at QB. For some reason, I have a feeling either the Patriots or Saints will have something to interfere with it. If it does happen that way, so be it.

The question for you guys is, would you be open to giving up a 1st and 5th to move from No.34 to No.32 with the Chiefs to pick up a 5th year option on Love, assuming he is available at No.32, if the coaches feel he needs to sit behind a starter for at least a year anyways? That would be just like the Lamar Jackson case with the Ravens, now I see why they did that and now they can invest another 3 years in him.

The value proposition would be great there, getting 1 additional year on a rookie contract for a 5th rounder, especially if you believe in him. 

5 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Here is mine from First Pick...

Indy trades 44th overall pick to Philly for their 2nd, 3rd round picks.

Round 2 Pick 2: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Round 2 Pick 21 (PHI): Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
Round 3 Pick 11: Michael Pittman, WR, USC 
Round 3 Pick 21 (PHI): Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri
Round 4 Pick 16: Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
Round 5 Pick 14: Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois
Round 6 Pick 14: Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida 
Round 6 Pick 18: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida

Indy now has a dominant DL with the additions of both Buckner and Elliott in the 3rd round. Indy also gets their QB to groom under Rivers for a year or 2 with Jordan Love. (And yes there is very much a chance he could fall to the late 1st/early 2nd) 

Indy also gets a raw but very athletic OT in Cleveland to one day take over at LT. Pittman is a long, athletic WR that Ballard could want for the #2 WR role next to Hilton and Campbell. Bryant is probably my favorite TE in the draft and would be a great compliment to Doyle. Chinn is an athletic freak who could play both safety spots. And Davis and Perine help provide good depth at both the WR and RB positions. 

Where do you get that 2nd pick in the 6th round? We only have 1 pick in the 6th 

Not really happy with Love in the 2nd.  Not a fan.  I’d be fine with Gordon or Morgan (particularly if they slide to our 4th), but rolling with Rivers/JB/Kelly is my preference now.  You want a young guy to develop?  Might as well go with Kelly than hope Love’s arm talent will lead him to NFL success (it probably won’t)...

Getting Love at 34 would be a dream. I would also be ok moving back into the first for him so we get that fifth year option. if We got him at 34 then take a WR at 44. If we have to trade up we keep one of the second and still take a WR. Then you have the other 4 rds to address needs. Whether we get him at 34 .org have to move up it would be a heck of a draft for Ballard. Buckner we basically got for 13, second pick Love at 34 or move up, third pick WR. What a hall. Doesn’t even matter what we do after that.

28 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

what would it take to get a first rounder from a team expected to pick top ten next year?  44?  I would do that for a chance at lawrence.

I wouldn't do that. With the serious need for a new QB, WR, TE, along with OT depth, the Colts need every pick they have. I'd only make a trade if they could move down slightly in the second round and pick up an additional day 2 pick. 

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I wouldn't do that. With the serious need for a new QB, WR, TE, along with OT depth, the Colts need every pick they have. I'd only make a trade if they could move down slightly in the second round and pick up an additional day 2 pick. 

You don’t want a top 10 pick next year from a pick this year at any cost?

8 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Dillon jumps out because of his size and his combine. He's a talent for sure. IMO, he doesn't play nearly as powerful as he should be at that size. He plays like a small, speed back. He's not a Henry type at all, which is what alot of people think looking at his size.

I've watched some of his film. He can still deliver a pop. 

4 hours ago, Archer said:

Not really happy with Love in the 2nd.  Not a fan.  I’d be fine with Gordon or Morgan (particularly if they slide to our 4th), but rolling with Rivers/JB/Kelly is my preference now.  You want a young guy to develop?  Might as well go with Kelly than hope Love’s arm talent will lead him to NFL success (it probably won’t)...

Yeah, Reich said Rivers is one of the smartest players he’s ever been around. I think he likes cerebral players like that and Luck, which is why I thought Herbert or Fromm might be a better fit than Love. I’m intrigued by  Gordon too. I don’t know much about Captain Morgan.

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Yeah, Reich said Rivers is one of the smartest players he’s ever been around. I think he likes cerebral players like that and Luck, which is why I thought Herbert or Fromm might be a better fit than Love. I’m intrigued by  Gordon too. I don’t know much about Captain Morgan.

I recall a few segments with Rivers, and he is a pretty cerebral guy when he wants to project that side of him. That's why I'm not to concerned with the INTs. He'll be very self aware, and I'm sure knows what he needs to do. I love that he and Reich have a past to draw from. That's a huge advantage given it's only a 1 to 2 year bridge. I expect the playbook to be open wide very early. 

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

i say we trade away both 2nd round picks and move up to get Ceedee Lamb

or pick Jalen Hurts in the 2nd

I'd love to have Lamb but the team has too many needs to trade away any more key picks. They can get an excellent WR in round 2 that in any other year would be a mid first round pick. That will have to do. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wasting that 34th on a RB would be dumb.

why would it be wasting a pick?   we need another RB to go with Mack.  we are setup to run the ball a lot.  Swift is on another level than any other back available.  The way he makes people miss, and our oline, he would be a steal at 34

we cant fill every hole with the 34th pick.  

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

what about Swift at 34?  I think he is going to be an elite NFL RB

Running back isn’t really a need for the Colts. 

They would have to think he’s going to be really special to take him there and odds are if he was that special someone will pull the trigger on him in round 1

46 minutes ago, Kyle said:

why would it be wasting a pick?   we need another RB to go with Mack.  we are setup to run the ball a lot.  Swift is on another level than any other back available.  The way he makes people miss, and our oline, he would be a steal at 34

we cant fill every hole with the 34th pick.  

IMO a WR and a TE will come before a RB. 

With our O-line we don't need a RB to be super talented. Mack is just fine. 

Archived