Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

28 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

I like the idea of drafting him to marinate behind Rivers for a season.  The 3rd round would be ideal but there is no guarantee he'll be there, so I'd have no qualms taking him at 44.

#44 is too high IMO for Hurts--he is not one of the 44 top prospects in this draft. At #75 he still may not be the BPA but I'd be OK with picking him there--but NOT at #44

I think Baltimore takes him to back up Jackson. With that style of play you will always need a backup that can come in and play right away...also it helps to not have to change up the entire offense. Since it's mostly read option with a heavy dose of QB run...seems to fit Hurt just fine.

On 3/18/2020 at 3:22 PM, dgambill said:

I think Baltimore takes him to back up Jackson. With that style of play you will always need a backup that can come in and play right away...also it helps to not have to change up the entire offense. Since it's mostly read option with a heavy dose of QB run...seems to fit Hurt just fine.

That's what they did last year when Trace McSorley was drafted.....

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

That's what they did last year when Trace McSorley was drafted.....

McSorley is not nearly the qb as Hurts. I don't even know if he suited up last year as RGIII was the back up. If you are saying that because they might do it with Hurts...ok I agree but Trace won't stop them from getting another qb.

19 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They traded for Buckner and signed Rivers.  My hunch is that they r all in for the next 2 years.  I would expect their 2 2nd rounders and 3rd rounder to be spent on say another DT, WR and TE.  I don't expect qb drafted high or if at all

Way to be logical.  It will get you no where on this site . But Kudos for trying .   

Watch the '18 LSU game where the throwing lanes were much tighter than the Big 12 lanes he had to make whil in Oklahoma. When he needed to make tight throws, he couldn't do it consistently. Accuracy is one of the most uncoachable traits and Jalen is more developmental in that area than he is upside. Hard pass in any round before the 5th.

11 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Watch the '18 LSU game where the throwing lanes were much tighter than the Big 12 lanes he had to make whil in Oklahoma. When he needed to make tight throws, he couldn't do it consistently. Accuracy is one of the most uncoachable traits and Jalen is more developmental in that area than he is upside. Hard pass in any round before the 5th.

I'm listening, But why would anyone waste a pick on a 5th round Qb .  Yea Yea Yea . tOM bRAADY .  I get it 

but why waste a draft pick?

10 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

You didn't know those guys are just falling from the sky? lol. 

There is a reason players fall in the draft. It's because they are not that good and not near the hype of the media and stupid fan bases 

Look at the Later round draft picks

History of QB drafted and round

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Who ya got there

Where are the franchise QB drafted after Rd 1 .   How many other QB's drafted in RD 2 or beyond are franchise guys?

Tired of this silly nonsense on here     WHY waste a pick on a QB in the later rounds?  Its like finding a needle in a haystack!  Brees rd 2 . Brady rd 6 Dak rd 4      Who else ya got as a legitimate starter let a lone a franchise QB

Some of you hate on JB so much your minds are blinded by the fact that drafting a QB JUST do draft a QB is insane

Ballard himself said it....... But I know,   I'mthe one that doesnt listen

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

There is a reason players fall in the draft. It's because they are not that good and not near the hype of the media and stupid fan bases 

Look at the Later round draft picks

History of QB drafted and round

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position

Who ya got there

Where are the franchise QB drafted after Rd 1 .   How many other QB's drafted in RD 2 or beyond are franchise guys?

Tired of this silly nonsense on here     WHY waste a pick on a QB in the later rounds?  Its like finding a needle in a haystack!  Brees rd 2 . Brady rd 6 Dak rd 4      Who else ya got as a legitimate starter let a lone a franchise QB

Some of you hate on JB so much your minds are blinded by the fact that drafting a QB JUST do draft a QB is insane

Ballard himself said it....... But I know,   I'mthe one that doesnt listen

Well, I wouldnt say its a COMPLETE waste. Backup QB are valuable as well. But like anything else in the draft, usually the better backups are taken earlier - everyone just usually calls them busts.

Me personally, I'd usually take a different position than QB in Draft Day 3, because you also need depth at other positions you're more likely to fill on Day 3, to say nothing about Special Teams.  But I'm not against occasionally taking a stab on a QB with the right traits. Maybe hes not anything but a spot starter, but at this stage in his career, anyone wouldve said Ryan Fitzpatrick was a 7th rounder worth his weight in gold.

Its just gotta be a guy you love at the 5th/6th/7th round pick. 

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Well, I wouldnt say its a COMPLETE waste. Backup QB are valuable as well. But like anything else in the draft, usually the better backups are taken earlier - everyone just usually calls them busts.

Me personally, I'd usually take a different position than QB in Draft Day 3, because you also need depth at other positions you're more likely to fill on Day 3, to say nothing about Special Teams.  But I'm not against occasionally taking a stab on a QB with the right traits. Maybe hes not anything but a spot starter, but at this stage in his career, anyone wouldve said Ryan Fitzpatrick was a 7th rounder worth his weight in gold.

Its just gotta be a guy you love at the 5th/6th/7th round pick. 

Couldnt agree more .   But we have a backup that has won in the NFL .  won 7 games last year.  He costs a little more but he CAN win

I'm pretty confident in Rivers that he wont go down but IF he does   JB won 7 freakin games with a beat up receiving crew 

Sign me up for a quality backup

Had they not signed Rivers I would be in the draft "anyone but Love"camp  BUt since they did  I am all in on a top backup no matter what the cost   Its only 1 yr

Ballards montra  improve every position if possible .  Not sure how much better you get with JB  You don't have to teach him the offense, you don't have to baby sit him, you know he's a leader, the team LOVES him. He's been in this position before with Andrew.

Hate on the dude all you want  he has tremendous value   as a back up

Only way I see him moving is if he asks for a trade.  Either way Ballard will do right by JB

Archived