Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need another DT

I like the rotation at DT, but Buckner will get double teams on every play if it's a JAG at the other position.

DT - Buckner - Autry - Lewis

DT - Stewart - Coley

I wouldn't mind if we got one of the following players to do the dirty work that don't end up on the stat sheet; at the same time, they likely won't command a lot of money.

A'Shawn Robinson - only concern is that signing him will drastically make our team older instead of younger. :lol:hahalmao

Linval Joseph - upgraded Al Woods, who Ballard likely regretted not re-signing last season.

Damon Harrison - more beef. Limited pass rush ability but can throw around and rag doll any center.

Maliek Collins - good combination of size and speed. As I was typing this post, he signed with the Raiders.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

I like the rotation at DT, but Buckner will get double teams on every play if it's a JAG at the other position.

DT - Stewart - Coley

I wouldn't mind if we got one of the following players to do the dirty work that don't end up on the stat sheet; at the same time, they likely won't command a lot of money.

A'Shawn Robinson - only concern is that signing him will drastically make our team older instead of younger. :lol:hahalmao

Linval Joseph - upgraded Al Woods, who Ballard likely regretted not re-signing last season.

Damon Harrison - more beef. Limited pass rush ability but can throw around and rag doll any center.

Maliek Collins - good combination of size and speed. As I was typing this post, he signed with the Raiders.

That's the run set. The pass set will be Buckner and Autry.

And if Bucker is getting doubled, that means Houston, Autry, and Turay are all singled. And I like our chances... They'll have to try and double both Houston and Buckner, which will open up things for the other two. 

Raekwon Davis sounds like possibility. People like Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah don't have Davis as one of their top 5 defensive tackles. I read that he's had some maturity issues and that he's not really a playmaking defensive player. 

6'7 312 to go along with Buckner who is the same height. Good luck trying to run through those guys. 

38 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

We hired the Alabama d line coach. Raekwon Davis in the third round...

12 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

Raekwon Davis sounds like possibility. People like Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah don't have Davis as one of their top 5 defensive tackles. I read that he's had some maturity issues and that he's not really a playmaking defensive player. 

6'7 312 to go along with Buckner who is the same height. Good luck trying to run through those guys. 

Davis peaked as a sophomore and has regressed every season since. His physical traits are enticing, but he just hasn't put it together and developed. Obviously his old DL coach couldn't get it out of him, so I'm not sure he could do that here. Maybe the change in scheme could help though.

Hi yal, new to the forum... wanted to start a topic in Free agency draft section but cant figure out how to do anything but reply to a topic already started. 

It is in line with this topic though and questioning if we NEED to add more (in FA)

Now that we’ve acquired Rivers, should we try n add more receiving targets in FA?

if so, who do u like? and at what cost and contract length? 

anderson, perriman, sanders,

agohlor, funchess? 

Or a tight end? maybe D. walker? who else?

sorry if this is out of place btw. gota figure out how to create a topic/thread

I wouldn't mind taking a post-hype flyer on A'Shawn Robinson. He's only 25...and was highly touted coming out of Bama. He's also tall with long arms...much like Buckner.

The guy I would love to get though is Billings. He got hurt his rookie season...but has started to come into his own. He's also only 25.

Stewart played better last season...but Billings would create good competition and depth. Robinson as well.

I actually think the hole that has opened up is DE though. Colts have Houston, Turay, Banogu and Muhammad.

I don't expect a huge signing...but perhaps a vet FA to step in and replace Sheard. IF they are truly wanting to compete right now...someone like Griffen would be a great pickup for a 1-2 year deal. 

5 hours ago, Gstyle6600 said:

Hi yal, new to the forum... wanted to start a topic in Free agency draft section but cant figure out how to do anything but reply to a topic already started. 

It is in line with this topic though and questioning if we NEED to add more (in FA)

Now that we’ve acquired Rivers, should we try n add more receiving targets in FA?

if so, who do u like? and at what cost and contract length? 

anderson, perriman, sanders,

agohlor, funchess? 

Or a tight end? maybe D. walker? who else?

sorry if this is out of place btw. gota figure out how to create a topic/thread

Welcome,

You'll find the answer to your question about creating a new thread in our rules

https://forums.colts.com/guidelines/

Essentially, your first 10 posts have to be approved

7 hours ago, Shive said:

Davis peaked as a sophomore and has regressed every season since. His physical traits are enticing, but he just hasn't put it together and developed. Obviously his old DL coach couldn't get it out of him, so I'm not sure he could do that here. Maybe the change in scheme could help though.

This. Davis is a guy that I hope we avoid in the draft because I think whoever winds up with him is always going to have higher hopes than production. 

10 hours ago, rock8591 said:

DT - Stewart - Coley

I think Buckner's roll is TO draw the double teams. Even triple teams. 

10 hours ago, Shive said:

Yep.......  He wasnt dominating as he was 2 years ago

He may slide more

Wit our dollars spent so far, we have $$ to spend... but not much.......

We still need to sign rookies, but without having to pay a first, it will take less

IMHO.......  We still need

1 WR - I think MIMs will still be on the board, with the 5 other excellent WRs in front of him

1 TE - This has become a big need, for this year 

I could see us going WR/TE with first 2 picks

1 OT for depth / future starter

1 CB for depth / future starter

Archived