Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Non First Round QB's

9 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Fromm isn't very moble.  But he's probably the most ready to play out of the gate.  Problem is that his ceiling seems low.  It's questionable if he will have enough zip on the ball to beat defenders on things like out routes.

I would be kind of a fan of Easton actually.  Not that Love is completely off the table but Easton while he doesn't have the ceiling that Love has seems to have a fairly high ceiling and his flaws seem less extensive than Love's.  

Love is swinging for the fences.  Huge physical talent but so many flaws his game that could kill him at this level that it's questionable if he will be able to overcome them.  

my take is that both Love and Eason have question marks and potential, but IMO neither would have been worth #13 if Ballard had kept it, and Eason is (far?) more likely to be there at #34 and maybe even #44. Plus, I still don't see QB as the Colts' #1 need/priority in this draft.

I feel that at #34 someone (maybe even more than one) will be there who should've been picked in the 1st round and Ballard will jump on it. It could be one of the "Round One quality" WRs or even another DL to go with Buckner (CB appears to like the Eagles' approach of multiple DLs that can work in groups/shifts like hockey lines).

If it turned out that both WR and DL were there at #34, I guess it might come down to what Ballard's feelings about Campbell are at this point. If he's still convinced Campbell's a definite starter when healthy, maybe he adds another DL at #34 if someone like Madubuike or Blacklock is available. If he's unsure about Campbell now and one of the top-tier WRs slides out of Round One, maybe he picks him or goes for a TE.

On 3/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I think Gordon’s quick release would fit this offense really well. Just don’t know much about his arm strength. 

Fromm has all the tools above the shoulders but can he make all the throws. I think he would hold this offense back.

Eason has the big arm but doesn’t handle pressure well. I do think that is something that can be coached. Rumor awhile back he is the colts target. Which would make sense once they got rid of that 13th pick. The rumor said they thought they could get him in the 17 to 20 range. So that could be where they trade up to. 

Morgans accuracy is bad. 

Gordon has good enough arm strength 

Feed the kid.... give him a scheduled 5 days in weight room

He is accurate, and has an amazingly fast release 

He isn’t going to throw the ball 80 yards..... 25-45 yards he is fine.... give him 12 month he will be 50-60 yards

He will be a starter in the NFL... hopefully the Colts in 2021

Someone will take the kid in round 3

I don’t want Fromm or Eason

I want the best dang WR at 34, the best OT OR TE at 44

I hope we go Gordon in round 3

9 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

i did not say anyone was a pothead you have me mixed up with someone else check my posts

youre right. that was intented towards canuck. I guess I got confused because you came at me getting all defensive when I never said anything to you lol

What about Nate Stanley played under center a lot, has a big arm throwing into tight windows and short term memory after negative plays. Hard to bring down and good pocket presence looks to throw first when breaking outside the pocket before running. Gets threw his reads and finds the open man. Protects the ball with two hands on it while not throwing. Understands the X and O but not always the most accurate thrower. I think a lot of that may be due to coaching and could be corrected with better mechanics with his footwork. Would like to know what others think. Thanks

7 hours ago, neug3246 said:

What about Nate Stanley played under center a lot, has a big arm throwing into tight windows and short term memory after negative plays. Hard to bring down and good pocket presence looks to throw first when breaking outside the pocket before running. Gets threw his reads and finds the open man. Protects the ball with two hands on it while not throwing. Understands the X and O but not always the most accurate thrower. I think a lot of that may be due to coaching and could be corrected with better mechanics with his footwork. Would like to know what others think. Thanks

Iowa fan here.  I can't see Stanley as being anything more than a backup at best.  I don't think he'd have a very long career in the NFL.

Stanley was a college game manager on a run first team.  And I've seen some pretty terrible games from him.  

His game against USC was pretty good, probably his best game against a power 5 school which is probably why that particular tape was posted here.

Got his tape against Nebraska?  He was beyond terrible until the final drive where he managed to complete some big passes to get the team in FG range for the winning kick.  He threw for 99 yards that whole game and I'm pretty sure more than half of those came on the final drive.  Before that the Iowa passing game was non-existent.

In terms of play Stanley is nothing compared to CJ Beathard (Career backup for the 49ers) or Ricky Stanzi (A kid who was drafted by the Chiefs and somehow hung around the league on practice squads for several years without ever seeing a single snap in a regular season or playoff game.)

17 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

I'd hope we go WR at 34. 

If we go QB at 44, I'd want Hurts, Gordon, or Fromm if available.  
I like what I'm seeing here in FA so far as I think CB is doing well at addressing at holes in the roster. 

think #44 is too high for Hurts or Gordon, and it sounds like Fromm struggled considerably with some of the critical throws at the combine--to me he's almost like Brissett with less arm strength.

if Hurts and/or Gordon's there at #75 I wouldn't mind Ballard picking one of them--or the FIU kid on Day 3 if he's still there.

if Madubuike and/or Blacklock are there at #34 I'd be OK if Ballard picked one of them. I fully expect at least one of the WRs to slide to #34, and I don't know how Ballard and Reich really feel about Campbell now (or if Ballard's contemplating signing a FA at WR like Perriman, Anderson, etc).

I assume Haeg's departure makes it more likely that one of the mid-round picks might go for an OL--maybe someone like Cushenberry who can play multiple positions.

18 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Both are game managers. And doesn't matter how much arm strength brissett has. He won't throw it down field

Ideal I would want to draft hurts by trading with KC and taking him 32 so we have that 5th year option and drafting a top TE with the other second rd pick , we just need to resign Devin on another prove it deal , but if we go Wr and te in the 2nd we need to look at who is the best that might be on the board which would be Fromm at that point . But if we have the chance I would take hurts and it reminds me of the ravens getting Lamar Jackson 

Archived